Velodyne subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Craigblue

Post Number: 11
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about changing my sub to a velodyne sub. I'm using focal speakers chorus range 716 and 707 with a denon 3806 AV receiver.
My space is 24x15x8. whcih of the following velo susbs u think will suits better to the mentioned speakers and space: SPL 1200R - DD10 - DD12,

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1141
dont double post. its annoying as hell.

Username: Ih8attn

St.Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
i have a Velodyne DPS 12 and for what i paid (400 cdn shipped on e bay) it was well worth the money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanx ih8, what are your speakers and room measurements?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1729
Leo,

FWIW I think the Velodyne would be a good combination with the Focals. However, you have more options. Of the three you mention I think a DD10 would suffice. However, another way to skin this particular cat for similar money would be to use 2 subs such as SPL1000Rs. Two subs often give a better result than one, partly because you can compensate better for room issues, partly because the subs become less obvious (even though you can't hear the sub directly you can hear its effects coming from its area). The theory is fairly sound. The optimal positions for a two sub setup are in the middle at the front and in the middle at the back of the listening area. If this is not possible, they can be setupat diagonal opposites or in the stereo position near the front main speakers.

Velodyne subs are really capable. The DD range are lovely because of their room EQ. However, if you went the stereo sub route with lower end subs, and you still wanted the EQ, you could always buy a Velodyne SMS-1 which can drive up to 4 subs at once and take care of the EQ through them at the same time if you wish.

Different ways of doing things...

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks frank,I really don't know the sw drive story; since my room is about 24x17, some of my friends say that never buy anything under 12", that's why I wanted to buy spl-1200R and velo guys say buy DD-10 it even can run a place up to 40x30 nicely!
Is difference between these 2 that obvious?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
or is the difference between 18hz and 22 hz that obvious?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us