Dynaudio acoustic studio monitors

Bronze Member
Username: Angello

Post Number: 57
hello folks!

I was listening for some studio monitors.
http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Default.asp?Id=275&AjrNws=103&AjrNwsPg=1

has anybody experience with this kind of studio monitors ( dynaudio, tannoy, adam)? I didn't compare dynaudio bm6 with dynaudio 52 - the price is the same actually I can get bm little cheaper than 52, the only problem is that acoustic and audience line have two diffrent stores..
oh well,

I find them very detail and musical but don't know if this is correct aproach for home listening. Opinions wanted if ONLY have hard them by ears and no rumors!

cheers,
angello

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1727
The BM range is the pro monitor version of the domestic range. They're a similar price but the BMs are a bit more rugged and the quite a bit more 'monitor-ish' in sound. i.e. they are more useful as tools for evaluating recordings than simply sitting back and listening to music performances.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
are you traying to say that bm6 are no no for serious hifi? Did you actually hear this monitors or are you presuming? As I now monitors have more flat response and monitor do much better job when crank up. I actually heard monitor for the first time and
would like to know all opinions. So Frank, do you think that I get better with 52?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1733
No Angello, what I'm saying is that the BM series is designed first as an analytical tool and second as a hardy one. They still play music of course, but the domestic range is likely to give you a sound which works better in more circumstances.

However, I haven't heard the BM series myself - I just know them by reputation. I am a Dynaudio dealer in my spare time. My colleagues have heard them.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
thank you for answer Frank. The only bad thing is that I can't hear them side by side. This may be true what you said but on the other hand... I can calibrate my speaker specially on my room acoustic, and what in my humble opinion active series has a peak level before amp starts to clip and causes a distorion and blow the bass unit.

Please I now that speaker speaker selection is very personal stuff but can you ask them what they
about bm6 ( a and p) as a option for home use - hifi. i would be grateful, speacially if they have any resonal opinion that I am wrong or not.

thanks,
angello

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I forget to ask about crossover slope...
bm range is markt as 24dB/oct and 52 are rated 6 dB and 12 dB for treble. What these mean???

Username: Spasticteapot

Post Number: 2
24db/octave means that the sound becomes 1/256 as powerful, or roughly 1/5 as loud, every time the frequency of the output is multiplied by 1.5.

For example, if you output a signal right below the crossover point (say, 1khz) with a power of 500 watts, at 1.5khz the output will be below 2 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 624
yo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us