Need info for Visaton

Username: Cristian

Post Number: 1
Dear everybody

I have a visaton car speaker system: bass - c200, mid - c100, tweater - hk9.
I have constructed a cabinet for use in a home. I want to ask 2 questions: 1. Is this a mistake because i used car speakers , (i have heard that car woofers are basslastig and they sound different), Note 1: I used the program to calculate box volume based on T/S parameters. and the calculated box volume is 40 l. Now I am confused because I thought that car woofer need more volume, over 100 l, or maybe this woofer is projected to be mounted also in a home box.
Question 2: Have anybody hear this speakers, any info about comparation to other speakers from visaton (i.e. Starlet, Alto 3c) will be very important to me. I have contacted the visaton but they did not know the answer because they stopped to manufacture them 20 years a go.

Thank in advance for every post. Best regards.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11440
Car speaker system + Home Audio = not a very good idea.

What will you be using to drive these speakers?

Post Number: 2
Currently I am using Sony TA-F445R, mos-fet integrated stereo amplifier (2x80w sin), also support speaker impendance of 4 Ohm. Speaker power is around 70w sin. Why do you think this is a bad idea?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11441
Car speakers sound awful in a home audio standpoint. Even with an amp that can handle the impedance load. They are made for a different environment and for different acoustics. But that is just my experience...you may end up liking it.

Post Number: 3
They do not sound bad at all. Maybe because I compared it with cheaper speakers. But, probably you are right. So, I concluded that Visaton 3 way speakers for home audio, in the same price range, will probably sound better then my speakers. Thank you for your advice. It was very helpfull to me. Best regards.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us