Linn Axis vs NAD 533 vs Thorens 320

Bronze Member
Username: Underarock

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 60
I was browsing various turntable sites, and ran across a few possibly good deals on a NAD 533 (a Rega clone?), Linn Axis, and a Thorens 320. I believe these brands are all highly-regarded. Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9310

OK, now you've done it. This is where I can't help you. I seldom do any sort of product recommendation due to the number of issues I believe you should think through on your own before making a decision regarding which piece of equipment best suits your needs. All of the above contenders are good choices assuming Thorens doesn't decide once again to leave the US market for a few decades. My suggestion is to read about each table and make your decision based on what you want your system to achieve. If you're shopping used tables, the cartridge included is going to be a large portion of what you are going to hear but that can easily be swapped for some other sound. The basic Rega arm has a wealth of upgrading options. Concentrate on the basic character of the table and its needs as far as set up go. Tables without a suspension cannot just be plunked down on top of a rack and work to their best ability.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us