A couple issues (loud needle/distorted sound)

Username: Popeko

Post Number: 1
I recently acquired a Sanyo - GXT 4512K

this is a multi function Turntable / Cassette player/recorder and AM/FM stereo all in one.

it doesn't require an amplifier and can send audio straight to a set of speakers. But that's not excactly what I'd like to do. As I already have a stereo set up through a receiver (currently handling dvd/vcr/cd/computer) I would like to add my turntable to this equation.

The problem I have is i have 2 sets of RCA outputs (L/R Front Speakers & L/R Rear Speakers)

so I run 1 set of white/red rca's from the turntable output to my receiver input. Now the radio plays through this fine, but when I put on a record the sound comes through very distorted and unlistenable. Is this due to running it through another amp/receiver? Can I avoid this somehow and still have an all in one setup?
I know it's playing the records fine, as I listened to them when I picked up the player, aswell as the headphone output is just fine.

Further more, the sounds that comes off the needle itself seems rather loud, so much that it is very distracting and unpleasant, I cannot put the cover over the turntable whilst a record is playing, is there something wrong? or a way to fix this?

I hope that wasn't too jumbled (it's late)
any help would be fantastic. thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9305

"Is this due to running it through another amp/receiver?"

Yes.

"Can I avoid this somehow and still have an all in one setup?"

No.

" .. is there something wrong?"

Probably nothing other than it's a not very expensive piece of equipment.

" ... or a way to fix this?"

Buy a more expensive piece of equipment.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us