Rega speakers WHERE??????

Bronze Member
Username: Rttr

McPherson, KS USA

Post Number: 11
Does Rega even sell their speakers in the US?

I can't find any info on the R9's, I'd like to give them a listen, but can't even find a dealer anywhere, not even online.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3636
There are 2 dealers here in the Northwest. I bought my R5's at Stereotypes in Portland and also Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle carries them.

To ask about dealers contact:

http://www.soundorg.com/

Give 'em a call and they will help you locate the dealer nearest you.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9294

Contact the Rega US distributor. Any Rega dealer can give you their phone number.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3637
Their US distributor is the:

http://www.soundorg.com/

Joe is particularly helpful.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1716
And how are those R5s coming along Art?

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3638
Wonderfully Frank, thanks for asking. I still have the demo's, she will order mine when she moves to her new location. I'm using a Naim power cord with the Mira 3 which is working great, added body without removing the toe tapping effect. Tried the Naim power cord on the Apollo and it was too much. The Rumour 4 is a great match as is the Chorus. The Chrysalis however sounds very nice but I could use a lttle more of everything. I will switch to Silver Siren for the Denon DVD2910 and Cobra 3 for the XM radio. The R5's are really quite natural sounding in my room. They are fabulous with all types of music. This setup makes me forget about hifi and just listen to music...and I'm thankful.

Bronze Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 40
Thanks for sharing Art, one more question though - how do you find the bass from R5, i found it wolly woffly but assumed that they were not run in properly.
I was very inclined for the Rega speakers but for me R3 were very lovely speakers but did not have enough scale and R5 as above.
Are they placed away from the wall?

Regards

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3644
They are a little more than a foot from the rear wall and about a yard from the side walls. The bass when using the Rega electronics and Chord cables is prodigious without much overhang. I prefer to have just a bit too much bass to a bit too little. With my placement and associated gear I believe that I am enjoying very accurate bass response. When it is there in the recording so be it in my room. When I used the Naim power cord on my Rega Apollo the bass did get a bit woolly as you describe it. It's all about putting together a system that works. I put the stock power cord on the Apollo and put the Naim on the Mira amp and voila, increased scale and dynamics while maintaining that toe tapping tightness that Rega is renouned for.

I really love the openess and musicality of the Rega speakers. They aren't much for doing a disappearing act...ya know they are there and your glad of it. I can see why Frank isn't fond of them, they are about as opposite of Totem as I can think of. They have a neutral sound much like the Paradigm Studio series with more detail and bass. Like perhaps a budget Aerial speaker. Anyway...I'm pleased with their performance.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1112
...until next month

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3645
Not everyone can hold on to a '77 Impala forever...lol! No Kano I'm very tired of moving equipment around. I wanted the last system to be good enough to hold onto until after my wife and I get into a bigger home in a couple of years but I could't tolerate it's faults. For the first time in almost a year I just go into the music library and select a piece of music without regard to the possibility that it may not be listenable. That's a gift at this point this year.

Bronze Member
Username: Sukhoi30

New Zealand

Post Number: 42
Thanks for sharing Art.

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1049
Art,

I feel sorry for you. Imagine picking up any CD and not having to wait and wonder whether it will sound great or like someone stepped on the cat. You poor guy, you now have no excitement, no anticipation and no surprises in your life.

It's so sad, you just sit there and tap your toes and listen to music. This is just too sad, I think I'm going to cry. LOL Dave

Congrats, and boy am I jealous.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3654
Thanks Dave. I'm havin' a blast...that P3 is awesome as well, vinyl is good...very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us