Polk RM 7600

Jim Bolan
I am considering the Polk RM7600 surround speaker system and I was looking for feedback on its performance. Specifically, I want to know how well they perform in audio only situations. 2/3's of the time I will be using the system for music only. Additionally I am curious about an appropraite receiver match, especially what type of power requirements the system needs for optimal performance.

The RM7600 speakers are very good with a great sub but I would say that the Energy Encore is a more musical system but with a smaller sub and less expensive. or you could mate the encore sats with a powerhouse sub like a klipsch Reference sub for about the same price as the RM7600 and knock stuff off your walls. As far as the reciever is concerned the new yamahas (rxv440, 540, 640, 740) are all good depending on the features you want especially for the price. The rxv740 at 90W X 6 is about as much as you can use on either system. They may be a little hard to come by at the moment, Yamaha's production always seems to lag at the begining of their runs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us