Velodyne SPL Subwoofer not working

Username: Mhall_10

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 2
I have a Velodyne DPL subwoofer connected to my Denon 3805. It is not putting out any sound and was functioning perfectly. The settings have not been changed. I have checked the power input, the cable connections, the 3805 settings and they are all as they are supposed to be. The crossover is set at 80 for the large speakers. I even tried to use the auto setup on the 3805 as it makes the speakers put out sound for a test and nothing happened for the subwoofer, but sound came out of the others.

This speaker has sat behind a chair with no damage and was never upside down or spilled on. The blue light is on the front that shows it is getting power. It is a 5/1 setup with the other 5 speakers being Mirage that are working great.

I have checked both manuals and cannot find an answer.

I connected the red line of an RCA cable to the output of the SW connector of the Denon 2200 DVD player. The other end to the red input of the Velodyne spl 1000. It still did not work. I then disconnected the digital line from the dvd to the receiver/amp. There still was no sound or movement of the subwoofer.

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4394
Take it to a shop?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us