Car Amp Inside?

Bronze Member
Username: Mateao234

Post Number: 23
is their a way to hook up a car amp inside? lol this may sound dumb, but i am hooking my cars system up inside because i dont have a car anymore!(hate deer) but anyways, i have heard that if you hook a battery charger up and hook the positive and the ground, it will run fine? this seems kinda dangerous to me, but if you have done it or know of a good way to make it work plz tell me!

Username: Slntdeath

Post Number: 2
I personally haven't heard of using a charger to power stereos...maybe it works maybe it doesnt...Don't think I would risk my car amp to it though. If you happened to hav an adaper that pluggs into a wall(for instance a drill charger, or battery charger, etc) I know that works. Just be sure its output is DC and not AC. In my past experience, sparks and smoke are bad.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9307

For goodness sake, haven't you checked the archives of this forum? This question gets asked about twice a month.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11428
Sell the car system. Use the money for home audio, the ghetto look is not cool.

Username: Only126db

California USA

Post Number: 8
You need alot of electrical amps to run a car amp in your house, a charger gives off terrible power very noisy and unstable dont bother, most have only a 12 amp continuous which isnt really continuous, the start(50+ amp)mode is only for short bursts like 10 seconds, a converter to run a car amp inside with the correct amperage and wattage is very expensive...very very! you can buy 2 or 3 home amps for the price!!

Username: Kreatureofky

Post Number: 2
I've already hooked a Car Amp inside my room.
I had a few 12 Volt 7.2 AMP Hour batteries connected together with the charger always on,one day i noticed so much smoke in my room and later i found that the positive and negative wires were kissing!
My batteries almost melted,and my lungs bout gave away from all that smoke.

There is a way to Modify the amp and build a power supply for it for constant power that it needs.
But it's risky and could be VERY dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

Home Amps are the way to go.The heavier they are the more juice they provide.
My KR-6600 drives an 1800 Watt SUB easily,and it is around 60 watts?
Where a 1200 Watt car AMP bridged puts less power than the KR-6600...

I still don't get how that is possible.
But it is true.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11508
I've got news for you Joshua, speakers have no watts.

I know you find that hard to believe...but it is true.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4641
Why do y'all keep trying this shite and come to home audio for help? I think car audio would be more useful.
Unless the car guys said it i a useless endeavour anyhow.
Dude, buy a good home hifi.

Rockon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us