Break-In Period For New Speakers?

Username: New2ht

Post Number: 1
My new speakers don't sound as warm and punchy as the store's floor model did. I asked the sales man and he mentioned that they still need to be boken in. IS THERE REALLY A BREAK IN PERIOD FOR NEW SPEAKERS? Should I start adjusting the receiver's EQ???

My setup -

AV receiver - Denon AVR 3805
Mains - Energy C9 (Floors)
Center - Energy C-C1
Surround - Energy C-CR1
Sub - Velodyne SPL 800Series II

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 127
With wich amp did you listen to them at the store? It could make a big difference. But yes, there is a break in period for new speakers, so use them for a couple days and see if there's a difference. Dont touch the eq.

Post Number: 2
landroval,
Now that you mentioned it, they used the same receiver but had the mains going through a 250watt X 2 Pioneer amp with Monster line conditioners etc...DAMN! So you really don't think adjusting the EQ is a good idea? Thanks for your post!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 130
A separate power amp will definitely make a huge difference. But I suggest you wait a week or so, and if you're not satisfied you might want to try an additional power amp if it helps. You can get nice Rotel or NAD stereo power amps for ~300-1000 USD.

It is ok to adjust the EQ if you have bad emphasis or attenuation on some frequencies, for ex. if you have a very damped room with no reflections at all or a small stone room with too strong bass. So mainly it exists to correct some acoustical problems, not to 'change' the sound of your system.

Post Number: 4
Very informative... Thanks again landroval.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us