Kurt_
Unregistered guest
Hello again !

I have an option to purchase one of these:

Kenwood KRF-V4070D ~210$
Sony STR-DE485 ~220$
Yamaha HTR-5630 ~260$

All new, same warranty, same store.

Would be used with pair of shelf (~55W) + pair of floor (115W) + cheap sub (80W) to listen to modern, jazz or classic (Nothing loud and floorshaking tho) in a medium-size room(25m2).

I don't care much about Prologic II, or other standards, don't think I'll watch DVD with this system, pure music system.

I'm mostly looking for crystal clear sound, quality manufacturer & parts, something that would serve me for next 5 years with possible shelf speakers upgrade and center purchase.

What would you recommend; I'm aware of technical specs and fully convenient with'em in all cases. Again not looking for floorshaker but for solid power horse. So if you had experience with these systems models (and brands) I would be glad to read your comments and suggestions for purchase.

What really digs and whats cool about these brands. Total new to all receivers thing so I dont really know much technical terms.

Thank you
=========

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
well i honestly had both yamaha and kenwood, but they were different models. i hated the kenwood, but loved the yamaha. i know for a fact that if i had gotten the vr-6070 from kenwood i would loved it as well as the yamaha. if i were you i would try all three with your speakers and see how they would sond. But IMHO STAY AWAY FORM SONY, PANASONIC, AIWA, AND JVC for receivers, they sound terrible!!!! if you had the money and you want a great alt. to yamaha, i would suggest the new onkyo tx-sr502 for $299 or find an older model marantz receiver like the sr-4300 or the sr-4200. hope this helps!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 124
Actually new Panasonic digital amps sound very nice and have huge power reserves if compared to all these analog amps.

But yes, if possible try to find a Marantz or Onkyo, they'll play music better than the others.

Kurt_
Unregistered guest
Many thanks for your replays. I hardly believe Sony, Panasonic, JVC... receivers ALL sound that terrible, that's why i was curious about specific models. Marantz & Onkyo are out of my budget ;)
Thanks for the input !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us