B&W 650, 675, PV1

Username: Jeffbucks

Post Number: 1
Hi, any suggestions on above subwoofers?some friends told me they are not quality subwoofers?
I own denon 3806 receiver and B&W 602 speakers and want to change my SW.
Please advise.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 117
i have 2 asw675's and i find them to be an extremely high quality build and sound. the 675 has an aluminum cone very rigid w/ a heavy duty rubber seal. I find this to be an extremely accurate sub especially with music. For home theater they can really fill the room with high quality bass, although I don't think they will go as low as a lot of similar priced subs. For me, I purchased my 675's for $950 for the pair, and i believe that for "that" price, I got a steal. at msrp $1000, I think you could probably do better, although the subs integrate absolutely seemlessly into my B&W setup and i couldn't be happier.

Silver Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 102
Are you looking to only stay with a B&W sub?

Are you looking for HT or music?

just some things that will help you get a few more answers.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 118
sorry JB, should have asked this before i ranted.

which sub are you changing from?

are you looking for a musical sub or a home theater big bang type of sub or a multi-purpose sub that can do both well ?

Username: Jeffbucks

Post Number: 4
I'm lookin for a multipurpose sub which could be used both for HT and music, I own a ASW600, someone suggested to get PV1 but not sure if it is as good as ASW675,looks fancy.
But I'm ok with any sub besides b&w if it's a good match with my speakers.
One of my friends tells me all the time that b&w 600s aren't good at all (she likes 700s) and insists that I sell my speakers and switch to a brand named "JMLAB 707,716" at same price, what do you think is she right? have you ever heared of this brand?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4299
Jeff, if your friend doesn't dig the B&W 6 series, is that really any skin offa your butt?
I mean, really, if you had her ears, you wouldn't have what you have now.
What are your musical interests? Sure the 602's are limited in some areas, name me a speaker that isn't. The 603s3's are a standout performer for me.With the CORRECT STANDS.
Are you missing something with the 602's? Probably, since you are looking at subs.
The subs you mentioned are not at the top of many lists. Standard bearers like Hsu and SVS, Velodyne and such sell a lot of product for a reason.

Now, Bvan has listed an interesting unit today, if you can run a saw. Right below this post.

Username: Ctb

Post Number: 5
I have a small living room and have both an ASW300 and an ASW650. I find the 300 to be more musical, actually, and the 650 sounds more "high frequency." That is, it seems strongest in the 80+Hz range, and not as much in the 30 Hz area. It'll knock your head off, but it isn't that deep.

Again, though, my room is quite small, and the 300 is more properly sized. However, I was surprised at the difference in sound between the two. I am happy to recommend the 300 (amazing sound for only an 8" driver), but I have some reservations about the 650. Make sure you give the 650 a listen with your ears and see what you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us