DYNAUDIO people? Opinion on the 'Audience 72'

sven_dawg
I found a pair of Audience 72's (1 year old) for sale on ebay. I've read alot of reviews and so far the consensus has only been thumbs up. Unfortunately I can't demo them anywhere. Can anyone throw me some opinions about these speakers and how much they should be worth?

I have a Marantz 7200 with 105 wpc...

Thanks

Sven

Derek
Dynaudio makes some of the best drivers available. They are used in some of the best high end speakers out there. I used thier drivers when I owned a speaker business in Chicago and was very pleased. They are not cheap and most complete Dynaudio speakers are monitors (devoid of deep bass) but along with the larger Bowers and Wilkins, they are, by far, the best speakers I have ever heard.

I have had my 72s for about three years. In short, I love them. I have had them in 3 different rooms, and right now they are in the largest room and sound by far the best. They like a lot of power and they will reveal any junk upstream. This also means that they will also reveal well the upgrades in upstream gear.
Over the past few weeks I checked out some audio stores and listened to some pretty good gear. One system was McIntosh MC352amp, McIntosh C2200 tube preamp, McIntosh CD player, and Totem Wind speakers. Another was Conrad Johnson tube amp and preamp with $5000.00 B&W speakers. HANDS DOWN my system sounded better. I find this hard to believe too! I think the rooms my have something to do with it.
Anyway, I think the dynos are great.
My system is: Arcam CD 72, Parasound P/LD1100 preamp, Bryston 4B-SST amp(WOW), Dynaudio72s, and Analysis Plus Oval 12 and Oval one cables(best cable I ever used)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us