Jbl SUB10 venue subwoofer

Username: Fishairflow

Post Number: 6
any opinion on this subwoofer? bestbuy has it for 329 and I picked one up for 180...is this the right price???...is there a place I could have gotten it for a cheaper price??
One more thing - which of the following would it match with the most?
I am using klipsch slx as two front and bose center chanel spearkers...
1. HK 635 open box US $ 369
2. HK 335 open box US $ 219
3. Yamaha 5860 open box US $ 120

Post Number: 9
bump...guys really need help here...

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4500
JBL subs generally suck, I would look elsewhere.

Closest in your price range would be Athena as-p4000 at $150, as-p6000 at $250 or Acoustech H-100 at $250. Google them up for dealers.

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 92
Kalia,

$180.00 for that sub is a good price. That was a good budget buy. For the speakers you have the HK 335 Should work fine. Also, you might want to consider buying a Klipsch center channel to try to match your fronts.

Good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
vader...i ended up buying the 635..there was not much differece...but the only reason why I have the bose vcs10 center channel is because I got that for a very cheap price....
now my issue is that the sub is not powerful AT ALL...for some reason it does not power up the subwoofer....and I know it is a minor thing...I just ndon't know what to change on the receiver...

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 94
Congrats on the 635...Have you set your speakers on your Receiver? With your set up I would set the fronts and center to "small" and the Sub-Woofer to 10". DId you try the EZSet/EQ on th 635?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I just set it successfully - don't know excately what I did but I am going to reset it - and then see what happens...on the side note -
For the JBL = retail was 329 and I paid 150 BRAND NEW....

I ahve an oppurtunity to get a Klipsch 10 " - which retails for 400 - for 150 - but this one is a FLOOR/DEMO model...any suggestions???

Please???
THanks guys...

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1840
Which Klipsch 10"? The Synergy Sub-10 has had good reviews.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
thanks peter....the synergy sub-10 - but you see while both can be had for 150 US $ - the Klipsch is a floor model at BEST BUY where as the JBL was brand new... :-)

I am so confused - I just don't want to regert this decision...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4504
kalia,

put your mind at ease: buy the Klipsch, compare its performance to the JBL, and return the one you like less.

One of BB's few redeeming qualities is its return policy, after all...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
aaah....you see - I think that the Klipsch rocks..it has the typical base....but the jbl has a lot tighter base...- but klipsch is more powerful..and matches with my slx speakers...and it has two speaker connections in teh back..and it looks more intimidating....

I want to get the best bang for my buck....

AAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1842
I'm surprised that the JBL has tighter bass than the Klipsch. Have you heard both in the same environment?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4506
kalia, if the only reason you're stressing out is because the Klipsch is not brand new like the JBL then I think you really shouldn't.

A floor model from BB has the same return policy as brand new, if I remember correctly. Just examine it really closely to make sure it doesn't show any obvious signs of abuse, take it home and test it out thoroughly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
yep..in the same environment - klipsch is louder but jbl is tighter....
The klipsch itself has a some scratch on the edge of the bottom part - but no damage per se...I am going to call klipsch and find out how old it is.....
How can I test these woofers??? - I mean other than the obvious - movies and music...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4038
Kalia, if you can't test with your ears, the test is over.

Username: Renko

Post Number: 1
Believe it Peter. The JBL SUB10 is much tighter than the Klipsch Synergy Sub-10. I think the JBL SUB10 goes a little lower than the Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 but am not certain if it simply seems so because it has such a tighter sound. I was totally surprised. I like the older model JBL speakers, but have not been impressed by their more recent products. I saw the JBL SUB10 at a local shop for only $150 and tried it on a whim. Now, I need to figure out how to get rid of my Klipsch Synergy Sub-10.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us