Please help with these speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 68
well theres someone selling this set ...energy speakers it comes with two energy pro 4.5 towers and two energy pro .5 bookshelfs and a magnat subwoofer wich ive never heard of this brand sub..all this for $250...i currently have athena asb2 bookshelfs as fronts and rears .....so im wondering if the energy speakers are better in sound then my athena set...the person told me the energy set is an older model so i dont know how old they are i think he said they are from 1998...please help if u know anything about this energy model ....and tell me about the sound quality ..

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9341
Energy speakers are great and so is that Magnat, but their potential can only be determined by you. They are made by the same people that made your Athenas. Audio Products International.

However, the price is very right!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
do u know what year those energy speakers are from ..because i looked in the energy site and those models are classics...the guy told me there from like 1998 but for all i know they could be 20 years old...and if a speaker is that old i dont think they would have the best drivers to sound as good as the newer models...so my ? again are those energy better sounding then my athena,,,,, if someone asked me are energy better sounding then quest speakers i would tell them yes way better ....i wouldnt just say well only u can determine that...i know ppl here are trying to be helpful in ther answers in my ?....but id realy like more detail in the answer...thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
do u know what year those energy speakers are from ..because i looked in the energy site and those models are classics...the guy told me there from like 1998 but for all i know they could be 20 years old...and if a speaker is that old i dont think they would have the best drivers to sound as good as the newer models...so my ? again are those energy better sounding then my athena,,,,, if someone asked me are energy better sounding then quest speakers i would tell them yes way better ....i wouldnt just say well only u can determine that...i know ppl here are trying to be helpful in ther answers in my ?....but id realy like more detail in the answer...thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 9360
Why would you think that newer models will be better?
How do explain to someone that there are better speakers out there if all they like is the sound of Bose? Listening preferences are not objective and thus hard to quantify.

Anyway, the best thing to do is contact the makers. They have an excellent support staff and they will be more than willing to help you out as far as manufacturing dates go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
good idea i will call the company....but its intresting you saying why would i think the older models dont sound as good as the new ones,,,i guess i would think that the new ones are made better and have better drivers and stuff....as far as bose is conserned i think they sound decent but i just think there over priced thats it

Gold Member

Post Number: 9366
Speaker technology has not really made any great strides lately so I wouldn't worry too much about it at all.

The only thing that you need to worry about is the condition of the rubber surrounding the drivers. They should be flexible with no signs of dry rot or cracking.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
thanks berny....well ill look out for that ....i guess even if there 20 years old they still sound as good as new ones ...wen i think of classics i think realy old lol...ya thats wat the energy site had them as classics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us