Quad ESL-63

Username: Ranweiss

Post Number: 5
Hi,

I was wondering, which amplifier would do justice to the Quad ESL-63? I currently use the Quad II tube monoblock, but these are just on load from my bedroom's ESL-57...

Many thanks for your support!

Ran

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9293
Why not get another Quad monoblock?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4481
The recommended rating is 50 to 100 W per channel. I currently use a PrimaLuna Prologue Two which is an integrated stereo tube/valve amp, rated at 40 W per channel. It works well. I find the 4 Ohm output taps are better; the speakers tended to go into overload protection sometimes with the 8 Ohm taps. I also used a Sony TA-N55ES solid state for a while, with good results.

If you can afford the new Quad tube monoblock system it would be a natural choice. Also McIntosh.

Congratulations on owning two legendary speakers. List them in your profile! Much better than Bose.

See thread New Quad ESL models and links therein.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3762
As John prompted, please update your profile, Ran!
It is so much easier to help and understand where you are.
Here is hoping you enjoy the forum, it is a bit off the beaten track at times, but quite a ride.
Welcome!

Username: Ranweiss

Post Number: 7
I'd admit, that using valve amp is a bit scary for me, that the tubes got limited life span and I'd rather not forget to turn it OFF before going to bed. Therefore I wanted to find a good enough amp for the ESL-63.

Ran

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4483
Ran,

There are many suitable amplifiers. You could try asking on the "Amplifiers" topic. Peter Walker of Quad thought tube vs. solid state was not an issue. ESL-63 Pro...? Great. Especially for U.S., I read.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us