JBL sub good? bad?

Username: Mx23250

Post Number: 6
i just bought a JBL CVSUB50, its brand new and costed me $260. The desciption says its amplified power is 400Watts RMS and ive seen it advertised all over the internet, and even a Best Buy site for $799, so i assume its a quality sub with great power. i was just wondering if anyone out there would have any input to what kind of performance this sub has. thanks. heres a link to the product

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CVSUB50&Language=ENG&C ountry=US&Region=USA&cat=CVS&ser=CVS

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3680
bad

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9067
Have you listened to this unit?

Try it for yourself and hear. You already bought it, so now it is up to you to figure out if you like it or not. There are people who swear by it and think it is the greatest thing in subwoofers, and there are those who disagree.

If you happen to like it, who are we to tell you that you are wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3696
Berny is correct, in his posting for you to follow your own ears, Jeff.
Did you buy this thing blind?
Never heard it?
Odd way to buy something.
BTW, your post title gave me a heads or tails choice, and since you have bought it without testing, given the apparant abundance of chances to,I tossed a coin, much like you seem to have.

Username: Josejuan88

Anaheim, Ca Us

Post Number: 2
BAD! RETURN IT!!! jbl AUDIO IS KNOWN FOR GREAT SPEAKERS.TRY KICKERS,MTX,JACKHAMMER OR AUDIOBAHN

Gold Member

Post Number: 9595
Jose,
We are talking about Home Audio...not Car Audio!

Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 5
Benny is right. Jeff already bought JBL sub. end of story. for me i won't buy HK product anymore. i have one infinity sub. and this sub really drive me crazy bang bang pop pop, that's what u get. people said when jbl and infinity under the name H.karbon. that's no quality product ever made. Jeff i don't know about JBL CVsub50. maybe this sub is the lucky one for you jeff...
enjoy the sub man......

Username: Mx23250

Post Number: 9
well i hooked up the whole system yesterday in my new place and this sub is amazing. ive never heard one with as much bang and quality as this one. i have friends who have paid upwards of $400-$600+ for subs and they dont even compare to this one. im very happy

Gold Member

Post Number: 3952
Good for you,Jeff!
Much enjoyment in your home!

Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 7
JBLCVsub50 loved you Jeff. this sub very good in watching movie??
enjoy the sub.
i'm happy for you.

Username: Bigsherm7272

Tampa, FL US

Post Number: 1
I own the JBL S120PII, and its absolutely amazing for the price I paid. It is 450 wrms, and sounds very clean. Very high quality materials used in the build.

Username: Unreal

Post Number: 4
Ugly sub. I'd go with E250P or E150P depending on the size of the room.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11157
Moot point isn't it, being that the sub has been purchased.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4246
Velodyne dsp5000, 15" 1000w, remote. $600.

Yes, no?

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4603
JBL e150 is an utter piece of sh*t, I know because it was the first sub I bought, out of ignorance and cheapness. Hopeless POS!

Username: Unreal

Post Number: 5
Okay then HSU VTF2 MK2 is a good choice or DEF. tech pro sub 100TL. I have listened to E250p and i thought it was pretty good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us