Will a HKavr445 or HKavr635 be enough power ?

Bronze Member
Username: Xxraiderxx

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 35
will a HKavr445 or HKavr635 be enough power 4 axiom m60v2,m22v2 & vp150 speakers or any other suggestion 4 a receiver in the same price range

thamks

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8917

Yes, no.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3629
JOFW

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 36
yes as in yes it can supply enough and no as in no i dont have suggestions or yes,no as in yes it can supply the power but not very good

Gold Member

Post Number: 3630
Yes it will deliver the goods, no Jan will not make suggestions.
I like H/K almost as much as Rotel.
Almost.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3631
I still have questions on your speaker selection, though.

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 37
what are questions nuck?
are they not worth the cost remember ima noob so i need to be pointed in the right direction

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1708
Yes, the hk will work fine. I'm also not sure I'd spend 1K$ on a pair of Axiom speakers. Do you already have them?

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 38
no any better suggestions in that price range

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1710
HT only? Or music as well?
Musical tastes?
Prefer dynamics or precision?
Room size?
Electronics to go with it all?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8918

You might not spend that money on a set of Axioms but apparently Mr. Raider will. So why question his decision? It seems rather rude.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 103
Alegria Audio has done extremely well by my standards. You might check with Tim at www.alegriaaudio.com as to what kind of package would be best suited for your usage. I find that his Emmas do an excellent job with my HK stereo receiver.

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 39
60%music 40%HT
mostly rap and oldies
dynamic
ps2 l8r a ps3 and a good cd changer
and i think reason he questions is becuase ima noob or cuz he's broncos fan

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1712
It's always a delicate question whether or not to question someone's choice on a component when he's asking about another component. If I assume his real goal to get the best sound for the dollar, I might try to answer beyond the original question to get a better overall result. You often do that yourself, asking why someone wants to upgrade and what the overall goal is. I gambled, and it appears I din't ruffle any feathers

Raider, I ordered a pair of m20 for my Mom a few years ago. They are okay speakers, but I feel they lack finesse in the midrange, somewhat colouring the sound, are a bit too boomy in the bass, and lack dynamics. That's the extent of what I know about Axiom. If you like dynamics, you should take Rush's advice and check-out the Klipsch Reference series at a dealer near you.

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 40
ok thanks for the advice peter
any advice on a good cd player $400

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1713
There aren't that many in that price range, so the list is short:

Cambridge Audio 540C
Nad C542 (maybe a refurb under $400)
Nad C521BEE
Rotel RCD-02

Or buy used and get something more upscale.

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 41
thanks again

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8921

Pay attention, PG. I ask questions when the question is incomplete or has no direction indicated for why a change is considered. Or, when people just start suggesting equipment without any knowledge concerning what the person asking the question really wants or needs. I seldom make product recommendations so I don't think your argument holds water here. See my comments here (https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/251982.html) since you made blind assessments on this thread also. Then why not ask Raider some questions so he can get the appropriate assistance.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1716
I just don't think Axiom are that good for the money they charge, and I doubt he has listenned to them first since they are Internet-only. I probably wouldn't have said anything had he mentionned a store-bought speaker like a Paradigm.

I say again, I don't hink I have ruffled his feathers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3647
me neither.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3648
Perhaps when I said I had questions about the speaker selection I should have asked exactly the ones that Peter put up. I was kind of waiting for an invitation to do that, so as not to be too argy-bargy.

Raider, if you would like any more involvement from me, I offer.

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 43
ok nuck is there a major difference between the
klipsch reference line & the synergy3 line cuz as you know im a raiders fan and i like how the synergy3 have those silver woofers & sound good
i havent heard the reference line and i dont even know how they cost my budget is no more then $3500

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8924

PG - Maybe you didn't ruffle his feathers, but you didn't help him any either. Your opinion of the speakers he suggests doesn't matter diddly squat. If you want to help, why not ask a question rather than suggest the person has no taste? Also, with all your self righteousnes, what does it take for you to say, "Yes, I see your point"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3657
Raider, yes of course there is a major difference in the lines, that's why they are different lines.

My first suggestion is to gather a few cd's that you know well and visit a retailer that will listen to your expectations and afford you a little time to listen and move things around a bit.
Their room is not your room, so you cannot expect the same thing at home as in the store.
Better dealer's room's will expose what the gear is capable of, and not necessarily the way it will sound like at 37 Walnut St.

I have been listening to a LOT of stuff lately, and trying to make the room do what I want it to.

With a really good setup, some regular gear can sound smashing, keep that in mind.

If you mistreat, pardon me, mis-apply the basic guidelines, a 10grand kit will sound like...a potato.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1723
JV, I'll let Raider decide for himself whether I helped or not.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8927

So you obviously can't say, "Yes, I see your point." Sheesh!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3660
Ok you 2, are you going to help Raider or keep pissing at each other?
Please keep in mind the object of the game is to help someone who asks a question, and spread our collective knowledge(and, yes, opinions)to someone who asks for it.
Timeout, OK?

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1726
The budget of 3.5K$ is for 5 speakers and a receiver? Or does it also include a sub? a DVD/CD player?

You would likely get some specific help and advice related to various Klipsch models (Synergy vs Reference) from the Klipsch form over at http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/ as it's more likely that you will find people that own them and have perhaps upgraded from Synergy to Reference.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1727
Then why not ask Raider some questions so he can get the appropriate assistance.

I did.
HT only? Or music as well?
Musical tastes?
Prefer dynamics or precision?
Room size?
Electronics to go with it all?

Perhaps I even helped more than your great answer did:

Yes, no.

LOL. Where was the question to raider there?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8928

PG - It's time for you and I to continue avoiding each other. Buh-bye!

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1730
Yes, I see your point.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaw

Post Number: 26
No big deal; it's not Lebanon.

Bronze Member

1, Ga Us

Post Number: 44
ok $3500 4 receiver & speakers & sub
oh and my room size is 15x12 mainly

oh and all of u have helped and no like peters been saying he didnt ruffle my feathers

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1733
This won't help fully, I know, but maybe some items are good choices for you.

Hsu VTF-3 $700 (or STF-3 $600)
h/k avr 635 $750

Leaves $2050 for 5 speakers. And here's the less useful part, I'd get a pair of used Klipsch Cornwalls and 3 used Klipsch Heresy to use as center and surround. Better would be 3 Cornwalls up front and a pair of Heresy as surround. With the sub, you could also substitute the Cornwalls for La Scala. Since you want dynamics, you'd get dynamics in spades. It would be cool if you found someone locally with a Heritage Klipsch setup that you could listen to. But I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful suggestions from others for new gear too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us