Anyone ever experience this?

Bronze Member
Username: Neworleanshb

New Orleans

Post Number: 13
I have a h/k avr 340. its about 2 or 3 months old and the other day while playing ps2 and using the optical connection the audio stopped playing. The OSD flashes PCM 48KHZ normally when the source is first selected but now it keeps flashing PCM 32KHZ and switching to analog. This happens with all my digital connections, even the digital coax from my cable box. The unit is still under warranty, i was just wondering if anyone else experienced this or knows how to solve it without sending it off for 3 weeks to a service center. I already tried reseting the processor.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1052
When I upgraded the CPU on my 430 it installed an option for auto-polling. This prevents a digital connection from reverting to analog when the digital signal is paused or interrupted, it completely fixed all audio drop-outs in my system. If they didn't install this feature it may be available through an update on www.harmankardon.com.

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 14
how did you upgrade your cpu on the unit?

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1053
Ouch, I just looked and the 3 series units don't have any ports for upgrades, the 445 which is one model up from yours has both the RS-232 and USB ports for a connection to a PC to install upgrades. The 430 has the RS-232 port which I connected to my computer.

However since your unit is two lines newer than mine I'd be surprised if the auto polling option isn't on there to begin with. It can only be found in the full on screen menu.

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 15
yes it is there. i was at work and it dawned on me that auto-polling is an option on the menu. i'll give that a try i guess. i hope it works.

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 16
well i changed autopoll to off and it stopped the constant switching to analog but i still have no sound on my digital connections. any other suggestions? lol

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 17
bump :/

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3613
Gene, if the dealer is nearby, perhaps they could stop by your place?
If it just changed it's mind in the middle of performing normal functions, it is probably toes-up.
Nothing to offer, sorry.

Bless warranties!

Username: Didi

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 3
I have a receiver fortec ultra mercury II i want to change the menu because i don't have an option to put the keys manualy
can some body help me?

khaled2892@yahoo.fr

Bronze Member

New Orleans

Post Number: 18
Thanks Nuck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us