Jamo or Energy Front/Centre Speakers.

Username: Napoleondynamite

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I was hoping to get some of your expert opinions...

I've been shopping around for some new front speakers and a centre speaker also to match. I currently have a Harman Kardon AVR235 receiver. The front/centre will be matched up with existing rear satellite speakers (HK (HKTS8)) and a HK 100W subwoofer.

The room size is about 7 metres X 5 metres. The home theatre is used for 60% movies and 40% music. The type of music includes primarily electronic music, but all other types. I'm favouring speakers that have great clarity, but with bass also (but not tooooo much bass) - if that makes sense.

I have narrowed my two choices to the following;

Energy C-500 Front Floor Speakers with a C-100 Centre Speaker

OR

Jamo E-875 Front Floor Speakers with a E8CEN.2 Centre Speaker.

I was just hoping to get your opinions and thoughts on the above, which would you prefer considering the above setup. Negatives and positives to the above, etc.

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3540
Hi Ray.

I just heard the energy c100 the other day and was not overly impressed.
Now, this was in a less than good environment, as the tv was the item on sale.
I thought it was a little light and did not have a lot of presentation, butmind you, I was not shopping for a center at the time.
No experience with the Jamo.
Have you heard both?

Are you in North America or where?
What other stuff have you heard?
I have a Canadian made suggestion(Psb) but may be hard or pricey where you are.

Username: Napoleondynamite

Post Number: 2
Hi Nuck,

I'm from Australia. I've auditioned quite a few, Paradigms (Esprit and Phantoms). I thought the Esprit's weren't too bad, but I wanted a bit more depth. The Phantom's weren't bad. I also heard Australian Richter Wizards, they were nice too. With the Jamo's, I listened to the E855 and the E875's - out of these two I preferred the E875's.

I listened to the C-100 and C-500's. I quite liked the C-100's. However when I heard the C-500's they were that much nicer.

Out of all my intial previewing, I narrowed it down to the Jamo E875's and the Energy C-500's.

Over the weekend, I listened to the E875's again, but they actually sounded a bit "bright" for me (if I can describe it that way? :-)). I am going to listen to the C-500's again today. Unfortunately the Jamo's and the Energy's are in different stores and their environments are majorly different. (Jamo's are shown in a big super-store, while the Energy's are shown in a set-up much like my home (it's even matched up with a HK receiver). Dilemmas!!

I certainly still welcome anyones good/bads on these particular speakers (E875 and C500) or these series or brands.

Thanks guys!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us