After hearing the Alegria Audio Emma's....

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3980
After hearing the b-stock Emma's that i bought from Tim i wasnt totally satisfied. I played what i usually mostly listen to which is dance music and rap and rock. It sounds crystal clear with the vocals and im sure suits softer types of music but emma to me lacked the bass of rap and dance. I spent 3 days with emma and i started to like it more but once again it wasnt enough bass for my tastes and at higher volumes on my HK 3480, say -20db it was a bit to bright for my tastes. At volume -25--30 it was more comfortable but lacked the punch and bass on majority of the recordings i played.

I want to thank Tim for making a excellant product and offering me a trial period to hear them out. Great guy to deal with guys. I guess im just to stuck in my ways of rap and dance and electronic music and speakers with more impact and feel. I am use to my JL audio subs in my car i suppose but i did appreciate Emma's clarity with the vocals and imaging was phenomenal and the speakers just dissapeared once it was seperated to about 9' feet with me being in the center forming a triangle with the emmas facing me. Very impressive in that sense.

Anyways im on the look for another set of speakers and preferably floorstanders that will give me what im looking for off my Hk-3480

I was thinking the Cerwin Vega Classics whould be able to give what im after but i havent heard them and i dont have any dealers in my area to test them which is the main problem. Any help is appeciated.

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1031
Thanks for the positive comments anyway MO. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Gold Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 1032
Good, clean, deep and powerful bass in home audio isn't cheap. For someone on a budget you may be better off with standmounts and a good sub. For rave level bass you'll be looking at $600 and up for the sub. Fortunately your HK has a sub out making it easier to blend a sub with some standmounts.

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 30
These are the best hard rock speakers on the market.

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/rock/rock_mon itor.html
:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 74
MO,

I know I will get criticized by some of the guys here but it seems to me that what you need are some floor standers. This is just an option and you have the final word, it is your money after all, but for the price why not give these SDAT's a shot? http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1171468 I know; they are not Paradigms, Emmas, Totems etc etc but they will probably serve well for your application. I have heard them and I can assure you that they will provide the Bass you are looking for and look at the price!

or since you mentioned the CV you could consider the e-715's

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/cerwin-vega/floorstanding-speakers/PRD_119324_159 4crx.aspx

Ok, guys I am ready for flames :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3439
Ask for CV's get CV's and SDAT's.
Very compliant of you, Vader.
No flames here.

Bronze Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 75
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8869

Keep Tim's speakers and buy a cheap sub to boom away with. You can always upgrade the sub later.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3981
I have narrowed it down to Cerwin Vega floorstanders next.

The e-715's look impressive for what im after. If only i could find a good place online to buy them.

Bronze Member

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 41
MO,
Nothing a little googling cant find.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search.php?form_keyword=cerwin+vega+15&topcat_id=
This is just one of many places.

What is your budget?

The CVs would make great party speakers and will surely blow the clothing clean off your lady friends, but dont expect a refined sound from that brand.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3982
Rush you should read the reviews first. For what im after it crushes most other speakers.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/cerwin-vega/PRD_1 19324_1594crx.aspx

Bronze Member

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 44
They will no doubt rock the house:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8882

"Crushes"?

Bronze Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 87
For MO's purposes, I would say that is an accurate description. In the areas that CV does well, things like Emma just aren't going to compete. I still stand pat behind my old recommendation of Klipsch as well.

As for crushing: beware the CV that falls over; it could well crush other speakers (Bose cubes and the like).

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3983
Stephen, i heard the klipsch bookshelves at best buy and was not all that impressed. It was powered off some yamaha reciever. When i selected them to be mated with the powered 10" klipsh subwoofer i was then impressed with the enourmous bass response and the way it mated with the bookshelves. However i whould rather keep it all in one unit and not have to purchase them in seperate pieces. I dont see any other speakers out there that whould give me what im after except for the CV's that i mentioned. Have you heard any of the CV's Stephen ?

Again i dont sit and analyze beethovan or other classical music all day and look for every single flaw. I just want the speakers to put out that party bass and shake the house and sound good to me at low to med high volumes. I listen to mostly dance and rap and harder types of music that alot of you possibly dont listen to.I appreciate all forms of music but for my tastes i need somthing more aggresive like CV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
The only CV's I've listened to in recent memory are from their professional line, so its not really applicable. They definately could party though.

The only other thought I have in this area is the KLH Rave series, or if you wanted to go the El-Cheapo route, their 9250B speaker.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3473
Big CV's and a Behringer amp or two.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3985
Just wish there was a CV dealer that actually carried the home audio line stephen. I have never heard of KLH Rave and not sure about the price either.

Whould it really be necessary to put a amp on top of my 120 x 2 @ 8 ohm HK-3480 ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3492
Nope.
Unless you install a brass pole and a couple of seats around the picnic table...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3986
Should i get the CV E-712 or E-715.

I have the HK-3480 / 120 x 2 @ 8 ohm

JR has both :
http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?N=11446+400360&Ne=400000

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
May as well go for the 715 if you can afford it. Then you'll never have to wonder, or say "I wish I had gotten the 715..."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
Ohh and as for power, CV's are known for being extremely efficient, so your receiver will easily be up to the task of driving them to ear bleeding volumes.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3991
This is what im looking at for both shipped

Pair of E-712's = 453.68 shipped from www.jr.com

Pair of E-715's = 609.45 shipped from www.jr.com

Im thinking about just going with the E-712's to save over $100 bucks. The main differance is a few hertz in the freq range and the power handling.

My basement is about 20 x 20 and wont be listening to them at party levels all the time.

Are these suppose to be better then the Classic Versians ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us