Matching Question

Username: Johnmhemp

Post Number: 1
I have the Infinity TSS-450 in my den. After calibration, kicking up the volume of the center info, and anything else that I can think of....I have decided that the center speaker just won't play dialogue clearly enough for my tastes. I am buying the JBL EC35 to replace it. Am I going to be sorry? Some people have told me that they are made from the same parent company and should be OK...others say not and they simply will not match causing additional sound problems. I really don't want to replace the other speakers because I like the way that they look and are positioned in the den and they sound great. I just want to hear the dialogue better.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4336
I would try my best to keep the front 3 timbre-matched, that is, made by the same company and preferably the same model line. So if you want to stay with something small, I think the JBL e20:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=JBNE20&is=REG&Q=&O= productlist&sku=298518

Infinity and JBL may be owned by the same parent conglomerate, but this does not mean that the speakers are matched in any way.

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 24
John,
You have a matched set. Providing you have not set your channel levels unevenly, drowned out dialog is a clear sign of poor room acoustics at work.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3435
Or a speaker which is incapable of producing the desired sound, Rush.

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 31
Yes, I guess with a HTIB system, there could be some gaps:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us