Denon AVR2805 - Restarts after Power Outage

Username: Proud2

Post Number: 1
We have a less than 1 year old Denon AVR2805 receiver. After a power surge or outage it automatically turns on the main zone. I've asked the dealer and they don't seem to have an answer. Anyone else experienced the same thing or have a solution????

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 26
So what are you saying?? It wont turn off?

Post Number: 2
No. It turns on by itself. When the power goes out, and then comes back on. So does the reciever. Even though the receiver was not on when the power went out.

Post Number: 3
No. When the power goes out, the receiver is not on. When the power comes back on, the receiver is on.

Bronze Member

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 29
Does the receiver otherwise work properly??

Unless your power goes out on a daily basis, I wouldnt get too concerned about it:-)
If you haven't already, be sure to purchase a quality surge protector so that future power surges dont ruin your components.

Post Number: 4
Actually, the power goes out fairly often and it is plugged into a rather expensive surge protector. There's nothing worse that the power surging or going out in the middle of the night, and your surround sound coming on in the family room. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it was because of a surge...

Bronze Member

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 33
Bummer!

At least you have it connected to a surge protector. You might consider turning your receiver to a source without an input before going to bed.:-)

I'd hate to wake up to a 7.1 surround radio blaring at 3am:-( You might want to email or call Denon customer support. Im sure they will be more helpful. At least the unit is otherwise working properly.

Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Shantao

Homewood, IL USA

Post Number: 140
LeeAnn;

if your power goes out/surges that frequently
you may also need to replace that surge protector. My understanding of these devices is that they progressively lose their ability to protect over time, particularly if they are used frequently.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us