Subwoofer Hookup- Help!!

I have an older Sony STRD-865 and am upgrading my home theater system to include a subwoofer (most likely a Velodyne front-firing model.) My question is this, my receiver has no subwoofer speaker connection, is it possible to hook one up to mine?? And how to go about doing it if it is??

Thanks!!

There should be a single RCA line output jack on the back of your receiver-there is on my STRD-965, using an RCA cable connect this jack to the line in RCA jack on the sub.

My mate, who built his own guitar amp, claims that if you do the following you get more power out of your amplifier without blowing it. If u wire speakers up in such a way as they are wired normally (+ to + and - to -) and then u take the + off the first channel of the amp & wire it into the speaker alreader wired in normally to the second channel of the amp and then wire the - of the first channel into the - of the speaker connected normally to the second channel... and then you do the same thing with the second channels outputs... wiring then over to the speaker already connected to the first channel... Then the amp delivers more power to the speakers???...are you confused now?.... but isn't this like wiring then in parallel which would reduce impedance and blow the amp.
please help!

Anonymous
I have a Shapr MDx-60 stereo, i also have a cambridge soundworks subwoofer. I have hooked up the subwoofer to the speaker output because i dont have a subwoofer output. But i am not getting the full sound from the subwoofer. Is there a way i can add subwoofer output to my stereo or anything else i can do.
Thanks>

i have a passive subwoofwer with left and right connection, that is, ( - and + ) each.

how do i connect the wire coming from the receiver's subwoofer rca output?

thank you.

rudy

p.s. the subwoofer is not ampified.

Anonymous
I have a kenwood Model: HTB-205 home theater system. How would i add more power to my passive (non-powered) sub-woofer? Would I have to by something fore it.

HI
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME,
I HAVE A PLANET AUDIO 4002 AMP. THE AMP PRODUCES 400 WATTS RMS IN 4OHM MODE AND 800 WATTS RMS IN 2OHM MODE. I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A 12 INCH AUDIOBAHN SUB THAT HANDLES 800 WATTS RMS. IF THE SUB HAS DUAL 2 OHM VOICE COILS DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY AMP WILL GIVE GIVE A 2 OHM POWER SUPPLY.
YOUR HELP WILL BE MUCH OBLIGED THANK YOU
TIF LONDON UK

Matt Bigelow
I have a Kenwood receiver and it has a powered sub output and my sub is a bazooka EL seires.It's not a powered sub. It has regular speaker terminals to put speaker wire in, But my receiver has two front speakers and two surrond speakers and a center. How can I hook my sub up to it.
Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us