Upgrading old B&W/Aragon system

Username: Jocdocnh

New Hampshire USA

Post Number: 3
I'm looking to upgrade an old (17 yr) stereo system to surround sound. My current system is dual Aragon 4004's biamping B&W801's with an Aragon preamp same vintage. The room is LARGE and cathedral ceiling (25 x 40 feet with a pool table occupying about half the room and the music TV area the other half. We plan to eventually build new house and there will be a serious theater room so I want to plan ahead. Right now the room is way too bright (light-wise although sound-wise also) for projector TV so I'm planning to use a plasma screen that can later go in new house elsewhere..Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out where to go speaker and amp-wise. I am considering Outlaw amp and preamp/processor and using the 4004's at 200w/ch x 4...Suggestions for the speakers? Use the b&w's as rear and add something better up front? I also have a B&W HTM7 (I think that's right #) just purchased for the center channel (700 series speaker). I'd appreciate thoughts, prejudices, etc. Use is mostly for movies and classic rock.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us