Need info about Paradigm in Canada

Username: Leighster

Bowling Green, Ky USA

Post Number: 1
This is my first post... I am considering replacing my Klipsch 10.5 fronts and have listened to paradigm monitor 9's and studio 20's.The 20 seemed goodto me, but I also would like to hear the monitor 11's and studio 60's and 100's. I am also trying to find Revel concerta f12's and monitor audio rs6's. I think I'll know the sound I am looking for when I hear it. My question: I noticed on Paradigm's web site that their factory is in Mississauga,Toronto. Can a US citizen buy speakers there? Do i need a passport to go into Canada? I'll be in Niagara Falls all week and thought paradigms would be cheaper in the country of origin! Thanks for any info. Great forum.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3409
Hi Kevin.
Paradigm do not sell directly, but have a massive market penetration across North America.
Pricing here in the GWN is a bit more than one would think, being local and all, but the US market being so large, the pricing is basically equal.
I want to try out the Revel model you mentioned as well, in comparison to Kef iq9's.

No passport is required to come up and visit, it may be required to return home, LOL.

I travel quite a lot down south, and enjoy everyone I meet(mostly). I hope your visit goes as well, you will enjoy most people you meet(mostly).
Don't expect too much or too little, it's just folks, mostly.
With our own politics, which are just ridiculous, but nobody else hears about it!

Enjoy!

Username: Leighster

Bowling Green, Ky USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply, Nuck. I am actually going to Syracuse for a conference on Autism, but thought I would drive up to Niagara Falls on my slow day. I have heard good things about the Revel concerta F12, but as yet can't find them in a shop. I have just started shopping for new floorstanders and want to hear all of these: Paradigm studio 40's,60's,100's, monitor 11,90P,
monitor silver RS6,RS8, and infinity Beta 50's and infinity primus 350's. That should keep my weekends busy for a while... Anyway

Thanks for the information. I think the USA is lucky to have the great neighbors we have in the Canadians. I can't wait to see Niagara Falls.

If anyone has other suggestions in floorstanders, I would like to hear them. The w.a.b. (wife approved budget) is $2000 for the speakers.

I have a large den that opens up into the kitchen and a hallway in the other direction. I have a HK avr55, klipsch 10.5's, center, and Klipsch sub for the bottom end, that I will replace later with a hsu sub(vtf-3). My surrounds are cheap klh that I couldn't resist. Thanks for any recommendations.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3418
Kevin, I also have the avr55, though bolstered with an rm985 Rotel 5 channel amp.
That avr seems to be optimised for AC3, being older, and I have had DTS issues on and off.

Thank you for the neighborly compliment. Politics completely aside, I have a lot of good friends down south, and a goodly lot of friendlies on the forum here.
Personally, I think we have a very good relationship, and 'agree to disagree' between idiots in offices is the best way for friends to work together.

Thats a good long list, and includes a few of my own choices. If you add the Kef iq9 to the list, you might just find the speaker that sounds right. They are out of favor up here at the moment, due to importer issues it seems, but I have heard and read some good things about them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us