Silly dreams.

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 155
I have a dream. A dream of a pure audio system not connected to anything else. If you were building this system. With say a $5000 budget. What would you do. I have already decided on a NAD C162 and C272. So, the only thing left is the speakers and the cd player. Keep in mind that this post is mainly bordom so, Im not going to rush out and buy these speakers within the next, say, 18 months. But, its fun to dream. I figure, $3000 total for the speakers would be managble in a year and a half. My current speaker purchase cost me almsot $3500 and I will have it paid of in a total of 2.5 months. My tastes are jazz and rock. With some country on the side. Currently im listning through monitor 9's, which are sensational. I raelly cant imagin anything sounding better (but I know alot does).

Username: Cop

Post Number: 1
Messing around, go to receiver topic, Oops!!!, you already have several topic asking the same question over there, lol
Good try

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
Im talking speakers. I asked recomindations on speakers. Im not trying anything. IF you read my posts, there different. Amps, Recievers, Speakers. There all different.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1643
I have 28 year-old Klipschorns that sell used for about that price in Canadian dollars. You are welcome to drop in and listen if you ever drive by (I'm only an 8-hour drive away).

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=2

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Thank man but Im not in the market right now as my post says. And, Im way to busy to drive to quebec anyways. Thanks alot though.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1647
Don't need to be in the market to dream, as your post said. You could look me up if you drive by for some other reason and give them a listen.

Anyway, the Klipschorns happen to be the speakers I dreamt about when I was your age, and finally bought 25 years later, so I thought I'd mention it since that was what your thread was about. Sorry to disappoint.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Dude, im sorry. I tell ya what, if Im ever in or near quebec, Ill look ya up, buy ya beer and brign a cd or 2 to hear on those klipsch beasts. Deal?

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1649
Sure thing. Rimouski is fairly close to New Brunswick.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
How car, cause I might make it a road trip with a few buddys of mine. Drive 4 hours ro so, pitch tent, reapeat. Hey, do you guys have Keiths over there, or am I stuck drinking becks and blue?

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1650
How car ??

We have Keith's in Quebec, but I drink stuff like "U" or "U2" by Unibrue, "Rickard's Red", "Leffe", "McEwan's Scotch Ale", "Sleeman".

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3354
no Canadian?!
Tabernac!

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1651
:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Would you believe "how car" is nova scotian "for how" far?

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
See boys and girls, thats what you get for drinking alexanders brew. You start speaking like a bluenose. Oh well, at least I aint newfie

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1655
Oh, I guess about 2 and a half hours (max) from Campbellton to Rimouski. Use mapblast.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1519
With a $5000CAD budget I'd buy one of the following combinations:

Naim CD5i/Nait5i/n-Sats on n-Stands

Rega Saturn/Nait5i/Dynaudio Audience 42 on Partington Trophy stands (I'd have to wait for the Saturn to be released)

Mmmmm....that's it I think!

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
So, you wouldnt get towers for 2 channel music?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3378
Jeff, you gotta look at who is saying Dynaudio, etc.
Frank's ear is far above mine, possibly yours and he listens to some of the finest gear, in the finest rooms.
For rock n roll, I like floorstanders, that's just me, old school.
For high, high quality, Frank would not lead you astray.
I heard audience 42's yesterday with simaudio power.
Yup, that works.
Just not for Van Halen, for me.
Simon and Garfunkle, absolutely!

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
Nuck, did I hear you mention in a earlier post that you are in winnipeg? SOrry to chagne topic

Gold Member

Post Number: 3382
Nope, just work there sometimes. As well as Quebec, Miami, Iowa and god only knows where else. I travel a lot for work.
Halifax, too, sometimes. We vacation there sometimes.Love NS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
That must be nice. What line of work do you do anyways?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3384
Service tech...packaging machines.
Your line of study?

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
Well, Im going into my second year of Information Technology at a local community college (2 year program). The second year will be focused on Programming (windows, unix, and web). Right now I was very lucky to get a summer job doing web design, and the higher ups keep hinting to me that they will hire me full time next year. There hints are less suttle each time, last time he said, "When we hire you full time we will put your name and phone number on the contact card". However, Im thinking of taking a second second year, and study database. I figure, if they want to hire me now, they will still want me after another year, maby even more.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 174
Nuck flies to WPG to drink beer at the Greenwood Inn.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1428
"However, Im thinking of taking a second second year, and study database. I figure, if they want to hire me now, they will still want me after another year, maby even more."

The more education and knowledge you have, the better. Its something that can never be taken away from you, and if you have the time to do it, do it before its too late. However...
Sometimes, if you have too much education and credentials, you're not as marketable when you're first starting out. Why? As disgusting as it sounds, it's because they'll have to pay you more money. They may not have the money to do this and will have to settle for an 'entry level' person.

I had this problem early on in my career (not that it was that long ago, I'm only 30). I went to grad school right after my bachelor's degree. When looking for my first 'real' job, I had a tough time. I was over qualified for entry level jobs, and potential employers thought I would demand too much money. I was under qualified for higher positions because I didn't have enough work experience.

If you are serious about working long term for your present employer and they're seroius about you, ask them how they feel about you continuing your education. If they don't want you to get an advanced degree, they may not be worth your time. If they're willing to wait, you have nothing to lose.

Perhaps even more importantly, see if they'll pay for an advanced degree or part of it while you're employed full time. If you can get the full time job, go to school part-time and have them pay for it, you really can't go wrong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us