The future of home audio

Username: Audiocricket

Post Number: 1
Hey,
I am working on home audio products for a well known audio manufacturer and would love to get feedback and advice on where you see this industry going. This is a great opportunity to voice your opinion and discontent with current product. If anyone is interested, follow this link to a blind survey . . .
http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=495502

All responses are confidential, no further contact will be made upon completion.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1520
Down the pan...

The lack of interest in quality, the pressure on the market from other entertainments (e.g. video games), the download culture, the MP3 phenomenon, are all leading us to a homogenised, clinical and ultimately emotionless, unsatisfying experience.

Sorry, but that's what I see...

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4406
"I am working on home audio products for a well known audio manufacturer"

Meaning market research.

Which is where the industry is going.

"This survey is having problems on Safari and Firefox".

What better recommendation?

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1658
I got through a few pages of about me rather than product questions before giving up. Ask me about me after the relevant questions, and I'll decide if the questions were relevant enough to warrant my giving away that information.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 673
Can't be bothered, it's for Bose.

Username: Audiocricket

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the comments, first off, this is not for Bose, nice try though. They just seem to have so much market power that any audio company is competing with them. Whether we like it or not. What we are trying to do is understand what the user really needs and wants from their product. The ideal is a beautiful system with pure, untainted sound that can live and breathe with your current environment. The reality is the market isn't sophisticated enough to understand the connections there. We have tiers of product, that respond differently. Not everyone can afford something that can offer everything, but they should be able to understand and afford what they need to enjoy great sound. I am sorry that the survey is long, but we are just trying to be thorough.

Thanks for your feedback, it is all welcome.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 3452
I enjoy surveys...I find that there is always room for personal expression, if you know what I mean.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1156
I took your survey, take all my answers about A/V issues seriously and none of my personal profile answers.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3399
Hi.
I am a visibly minorative female with disabilities and an alternative lifestyle, switch genders, and even I hate Bose.
But, of course, you found that out from the survey...

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1159
Nuck you lie like a cheap rug. You don't hate Bose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3400
You are right Stof, I've been found out.
Hi, My name is Nuck.
Hiii Nuck.
I, uhh, have liked Bose for a long time. But I swear, no more Bose for me.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 158
....They just seem to have so much market power that any audio company is competing with them. Whether we like it or not......

Wow, you give up that easy? So, you are saying the maker of a $15,000 amp is concerned with what a Bose customer might think of a $15,000 amp? ROFL r0x0r my k0k0r!!!1!!!1!!!1

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1030
Who's Bose? Is she cute?

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 689
You mean: 'Look at Bose! Aren't they cute?'

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3668
That survey is really poorly setup...much too tedious. I got past the personal info and just started clicking continue to see what kind of questions it would ask.

On the product list with value quality etc. you don't seriously expect a person to accurately rate ALL of those brands? After the first few I would feel pretty bored and start clicking boxes without thinking.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3604
Like this one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3605
Down the pan...

The lack of interest in quality, the pressure on the market from other entertainments (e.g. video games), the download culture, the MP3 phenomenon, are all leading us to a homogenised, clinical and ultimately emotionless, unsatisfying experience.

Sorry, but that's what I see...

I missed that one from Frank.

Seems a bit like my first marriage.

Slow night.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us