Sony Optical input issue....

Username: Bong_leach

Post Number: 1
i think it isnt working, i have a sony dvd player with an optical output, i have the toslink optical cable, i plugged it into my sony receiver, and pressed the input button to dvd/ld and then the button for input to OPT IN. i get nada. i am a novice at best when it comes to understanding these issues. now i do notice the red light coming through on the cable from the dvd player, but there is no light on, on the sony receiver. should they both be on? i remember having a system a while back and the red light was on the sony, but i just bought this used and think it might be out. any ideas on a FIX or should i scrap and start anew? peac3!

-antonio

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 178
There should be no light coming from the receiver. There is a simple reason. That red light basically is your audio. That is coming from your dvd player and going to your reciever. The reciever wont have a red light, because its not sending anything. Now, you night want to check the settings for your dvd player. See of the digital out is enabled. just cause the red light is there, dont mean its really sending data. Secondly, I would take the dvd player to a local shop, sony, or any hi-fi shop. Ask them to plug the dvd player in one of there recievers and check the settigns. If it doesnt work for them, then they will gladly sell you a new dvd player. If it does, they will gladyly sell you a new reciever, lol. Just a comment, if you need a new dvd player, maby avoid a sony, there not bad dvd players, but for the price, you can get some much better ones. And if you need a reciever, pleasse dont buy a sony. SOny isnt as bad as most claim, ive ahd a sony reciever for almost 5 years and its great. Untill you hear something from denon, marantz, or any other brand like that. You dont have to spend the money to get the quality. Just a few comments though. Make sure and let us know how ti works out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us