Is my sub too small? keep losing my sub bass

Username: Djmagnum4ce

Post Number: 5
every time i try to enjoy my music at a higher volume, my bass from the sub drops out. it returns after about 15 - 20 secounds and continues this way, unless i reduce the volume. I have a Onkyo TX-SR701 receiver and using a pair of MA silver series S1 bookshelves and a klipsh RW-8 powered sub. I have the setting all set to the same level as far as the white/pink noise is concerned ( 0db). speakers are set to "small" and the subwoofer setting is at 0 db. the problem I am having is when the volume is at a medium to high level, the Sub cuts out and the only audio is from the MA's. that lasts for about 10 - 15 secs and then the Sub cuts back in and sounds great for about 10 - 15 secs and cuts out again. I have the SUB wired via the LFE connection. and the Sub is has been set to both AUTO and ON on the back of the Sub with the same results. hope thats enough info to gather some ideas. also, there is no distortion or popping sounds with the Sub or the MA's while this is going on. when the sub cuts back in it sounds great! and when its cut out, it just sounds like someone stole my bass! thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4268
Borrow or buy (to later return) another sub and see if the cutting out repeats itself. If not, your sub needs service; if yes, it's your receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1626
Easier still, see if it still happebs with the sub volume control lowered by quite a bit. If so, that points to the receiver. If not, then the sub is at fault.

Username: Ydsheth

Post Number: 2
Probably your sub's internal Amp is clipping and hence the protection circuit shuts off the sub. Lower the volume button on the sub and then push up the receiver volume. And if the problem is not coming, keep on increasing the volume of sub, bit by bit. That way you will come to know what max volume you should set the sub to. If at this volume, you find sub output inadequate, you might need to go for another model!

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1223
RW-8 is not meant to play at obscenely loud levels. It will great with jazz, acoustic pop, instrumental pop, R&B and the like.

Also, how large is your room, that will play into the equation. The sub can play at moderatly loud levels in smaller rooms.

Username: Tristan1989

Post Number: 1
I have 2 1000w pioneer subs and 2 1400 american boss amps. After running my subs for about 20 minutes, the amps get scorcing hot and the bass cuts out?
Iam a novice, any ideas

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1153
you sure are a novice tristan. you posted in the wrong section. this is for home audio. go post in the car audio section you will get a better response there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us