DVD passthrough to A/V Receiver

Username: Justin24

Post Number: 2
I am curious, if I run my DVD player video(Cambridge Audio Azur 540D) through my Denon 2805 receiver rather than directly to my TV will I lose video quality? I currently run my video directly to the TV and just the audio to the receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1477
Yes you would. Some receivers have video enhancement, but generally speaking I find it introduces more noise into the system than anything else. The direct path from DVD player to TV is usually the cleanest solution. That said, there are exceptions to this, as ever.

regards,
Frank.

Username: Rcbigj

Post Number: 1
hay what room do i go in to talk about direct tv

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1152
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/35.html

At least he is not asking for code for his "receiver"

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIB Nation

Post Number: 17
Justin,

Generally speaking, direct should be better because there are no buffers to pass the signal through, but practically speaking, I would say no.

Try running your DVD signal through your receiver, and see what happens. If you notice any video degredation, then run it direct. Most likely, you won't see any video degredation whatsoever. Many people use their AV receivers as a hub for multiple video sources without negative effect in their home theaters.

If you see any negative effects or noise, then an inferior AV receiver is to blame & you should run your video direct.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3414
Just run direct. Saving the push of one button seems a bit much for better performance.
I mean, we are pushing buttons all the time, right?
Just another button to save the annoyance is worth it to me anyhow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us