Reciever Problems

Username: Apresler07

Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
i have a sherwood rx-4105. i listen to 85% music 15% movies on it it and when im listening to music if i turn it up really loud it will just turn off. I have put a fan in the reciever and it still does it i have 4 speakers hooked up to it via a and b.The a speakers are floorstanding klh's and the b speakers are pioneer bookhelf speakers. I dont know what the problem is

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 130
Your problem is that the receiver does not have the power to push the volume lovel you listen too. You must have it turned up loud or speakers that are hard to drive. To solve the problem turn it down or buy a receviver with a better power.

I ran my 25w reveiver very hard and it never stopped. It's not so much the wattage rateing, but the build and design of the entire output stage and power supply. I ran it so hard one night that you could smell it from across the room. But hey, a case of beer can mess up your reasoning. :-)

Post Number: 4
Ok so what your saying is i need to buy a better reciever, hmm better start saving for a harmon kardon or onkyo

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3154
Alex, if you want to listen that loud with that receiver, you need more efficient speakers.
Try Klipch or Cerwin Vega.

And a case of beer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3155
H/K, yes.
Onkyo, no. Please, no.

Post Number: 5
Whats wrong with onkyo

Gold Member

Post Number: 3158
In real time power tests, Onkyo advertised 100wpc and delivered 37wpc, for one model tested.
Most other models are the same.
4 regular manufactures could match their numbers.
H/K, Nad, Rotel, Marantz.
All are for real, pick your flavour and features, from basic to Bells and whistles with a hockey card in the spokes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3159
And Outlaw

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 132
Hey Nuck. How are those test done?

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 133
Alex, is that receiver stereo or multi-channel?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3161
Stereo

Username: Dunn7515

Post Number: 1
I have a KLH R5100 receiver. It works fine for 10-15 minutes then it automatically cuts off. I can turn it back on but have to turn the volume up as high as it will go and then I can just barely hear the audio. If I turn it off for 30 minutes it will work fine again for 10-15 minutes and do the same thing again. Can this be repaired cheaply or would I be better off buying a new receiver? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 74
Whats wrong with denom amps? i never really hear anyithng on this site about them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i dont have this problem anymore i recently purchased an onkyo tx-sr303 for 55 dollars so this thread can be closed

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4276
Not bad for $55! Where'd you buy it? I was playing with the idea of upgrading my computer's audio, currently just have a Logitech z-2200.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I got it from shoponkyo.com if you register other onkyo things you get points that take money off your purchase and i went to everyones house that i knew that had onkyo stuff and got there serial numbers and i racked up 45 points and 1 point is equivalent to 1 dollar so in turn i got $45 off

Gold Member

Post Number: 3236
Atta boy. Three atta boy's get you a waitta go!
Good shopping, Alex!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I do what i can to get by

Username: Bong_leach

Post Number: 2
check your speaker wires to insure that the channels arent crossing by any chance, trust me, in my world, splicing wires to extend my speakers is common. if they splice isnt protected and there are "wires" touching anywhere, the power protector on your receiver will killswitch. this may be something you might want to check out. i have a crappy system but its my Frankenstein and it works just fine. peac3!

-antonio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us