Tried other forums but no help

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 36
I know this post does not belong here but this is where the talent lives. I posted this on video/DVD and Audio/DVD SACD forums but got no responses. All they talk about is how to unlock DVD players.

I have pretty much closed deal on my speakers and Amp now is time for DVD player.

I am looking for a DVD/CD player that will play DVD Audio, SACD, DVD, CD and few other formats. I am putting together a pretty good system around Rotel Amp/Pro and Martin Logan Electrostatic speakers. I do not have much budget left now and I can only spend max $500-$600 on a DVD player.

What do you recommend in this budget that is better in price performance over Cambridge Audio DVD-87 which I heard good things on other forums. I do not care about HDMI but must need Component Video and digital audio.

My listening/viewing is 50-50% with an average of 15-20 hours in a week.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 108
Well, what I'd do is buy a nice dedicated CD player for music (duh). Then wait till I have the $$ to buy a decent player that could do DVD and all the new DVD audi stuff.

You can always pick up a used DVD or CD player for temp. use for dirt cheap till you have the funds for a nice dvd player. Then dump the used unit.

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 109
I need to proofread more.

the new DVD audi = the new DVD audio...
use for dirt cheap till = used for dirt cheap till..

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4235
I second Dan's advice: dedicated CDP + universal player like the Pioneer 588.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3133
If you want a good uni now, the Cambridge dv87 is the correct choice, and probably will be for a little while.
Any dealer I have talked to in the past 3 mos has suggested it at the word 'uni'.
Except the Linn dealer, go figgur!

Bronze Member
Username: Tomcat

Allentown, PA

Post Number: 37
Thanks, I'll get the Cambridge Audio DVD-87 and get something better onceI out gorw it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us