Help On Speaker Set Up For Large Work Area

Username: Vprtech

Post Number: 1
Hello all . I was hoping I could get some advice on setting up a system for use at my job . Currently I have a old pioneer receiver and a pair of bookshelf klh speakers sitting on top of one of my storage cabinets . The work area is a 5500 square foot work shop with a concrete floor , cinder block walls and a twenty foot ceiling . My area is in one corner of the shop and takes up about a six hundred square feet .

My dilemma is that it is very hard to find a good place to put floor speakers anywhere due to the limited space and obstructions surrounding the work area . I am under the impression that if I mount floor speakers to the wall , they will not sound very good . Someone suggested that I use DJ monitor speakers , but from all of the concerts and clubs I have been to , I have never been impressed with the sound quality from that type of speaker. I need loud at times with good bass response , but I also need something that sound good at a moderate volume level .

Here are some other questions :

- What speaker combination do you think I should use . Book shelf speakers with a satellite woofer ? Large floor standing speakers ? Monitor speakers mounted to the wall with a satellite woofer ?

- Finally , any suggestions for brands of speakers and combination of amplifier and receiver would be appreciated .

Thank You .

- Chris

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4225
max budget?

Username: Vprtech

Post Number: 2
Sorry , I should have included that . I would like to cap it at around $1000 . Very open to used equipment . I do need an amp , reciever , and cd player , in addition to the speakers .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us