Speaker quality

Anonymous
Has anyone heard of a company called "Audiofile home theatre" Located in Chine Calif
I bought tower speakers called 830LR

400 watts mximum power, 35HZ - 20 KHZ
2-8" bass drivers
105" seal back midrange
1-1" coated titanium tweater

They sound great, however, I never heard of them.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Same here, although I haven't hooked them up yet. I'm looking for the 411 on these.

Anonymous
Let me guess, you bought these from two guys in a mini van or suv? Do an internet search on the speakers. Its all part of a scam!! I bought a set of these also and am currently trying to unload them. I havent even taken them out of the box, cus Ive been reading that they are of poor quality. If you are a casual listener then you make like them, but if youre used to quality then Im sure youll hate them too.

Anonymous
I almost bought it in Plano, TX last week.
Two guy in a mini Van. Those speakers looks good. :)

Lucky for me, just before I gave them the cash,
I went to check on the internet.

People be aware, it's all scam.

i4gotmyid
scam doesnt mean bad speakers
I got mine off of ebay for $39 including shipping so for $39 I got pretty good speakers.

Anonymous
Man if these white van guys started legit they'd have some serious reputation, good in a sense. B/C they've been around longer than some legit companies.

I dunno why they still keep going around scamming people. They should just settle down and do real regular business. I guess they don't like taking returns and stuff, hahahaha.

Anonymous
We just got scammed!! My husband just bought two speakers (583 XT) off of two guys in a white full size van. Illinois-- We paid $200 for two speakers. They said that full price was $1800. Great. We are not sure of the quality b/c we have not listend long enough. They are hooked up and actually work, but not sure how long they will last.

Anonymous
Yea well it turns out that I also got scammed. And I payed $325 for what "appeared" to be a steal of a price. I was told and shown probably on fake magazines that the actual price was $1200. I am currently trying to sell them and they actually look like decent speakers. The men that sold them to me in a white van gave me their numbers and I even called them and they appeared to be legit. Maybe he will buy them back from me? hahaha. probably not.
im just upset i blew soo much money on crap!!
and does anyone know if what they did was illegal?

Anonymous
These guys that sell the speakers are actually legit. They are legal. Of course, they sell and misrepresent junk, so I would beware. If you want $50 speakers they may be for you.

Anonymous
I through out my Infinitis to use Audiofile speakers, they rock! So what I payed $350, I would pay $450 for them.

Anonymous
I payed 400$ for two. they not bad at all the think that is pissing me of thet the cheting people. If any one see them please kick their bum
from me. I bought them in New York. If I see them again i will bit the crap of them.

Anonymous
I bought two audiofile 830LR speakers form two guys in a minivan too. I didnt even hook them up for like 6 months and they sound great i dont regret buying them at all. I think if anyone got scammed they did cause I talked him down from 750.00 $. to 200 $

Anonymous
How important is a good reciever as oppossed to a good Speaker? Currently I have a Kenwood VR 409 reciever and Paradigm Titan Speakers, and am not impressed with sound quality at all. I am looking to up grade my reciever to a Marantz SR 5300, will this improve the sound quality alone? Or is it the speakers which need the upgrade?

I have been another victim of this scam. I bought two Audiofile Hometheater 583LR speakers from a gut in a minivan that claimed he was the delivery guy and that he received four extra speakers. He showed me some fake magazines where they were listed at $1500. I ended up giving him $50, a Sony Minidisc PLayer, and an old Palm Pilot. Regardless of whether it was a scam or not, I got good-sounding speakers at a hell of a bargain!

Anonymous
Some guys sold me some of thes audiofile speakers at the Frys parking lot in San diego. two white guys in a dark pick up truck with a cover. these speakers sound ok but he gave me false information which counts as fraud. anyone else see them get their info and we'll get them arrested.

Anonymous
This is certainly a scam. They've been getting people in San Antonio for a while now. The speakers DO work, but they suck... these guys are just begging for a beating

Anonymous
well, i think that the guy who started this "company" is kinda smart. he probably went to the factory and ordered a whole heap of em somewhere close to cost and cuts out the middle men (rent,building, manager, employees, electric bills, wholesaler and even retailer expenses). the guys on the street could make alot of money if the client pays the full retail price for them. and i checked out the magazine they are in and the magazine is legit by the way. hey if they make money by doing this legally....more power to them.

jordizzle
i cant believe this man! i swore these guys really were hookin me up man, i bought 2 583 xt speakers today, aint hooked up yet namean, but im real disappointed to be hearin this

Dear Sir, We have 4 T.V. sets, all of the speakers
sound muffled, usually the comercials come in pretty clear. Can you suggest a T.V. set that pays
real attention to the clearity of their speakers.
Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.Sincerely, Jack Howard

P.S. It would be helpful if you will answer to
my E-Mail address

Anonymous
i got fucked too...damn bahstards :(...i had to kleen up my message b4 they let me post it...evidently...fucked isnt a bad word

Anonymous
I bought a pair of audiofile speakers today of 2 guys. I live in Ireland & they said they were Canadian. I paid 325 Euro for mine & hooked them up as soon as i got home. It was too late to turn them up loud & see what they were really like so I will have to see tomorrow. It seems these 2 guys get around a lot !!! My speakers are 583LR & they dont sound too bad so far but I'm starting to get very worried now. Has anybody sent in the registration card to see what happens ?

Anonymous
We have just had a visit from these guys as well in Ranelagh, Dublin. They are driving a light coloured SUV. One of them is ethnically Indian the other Caucasian..both with North American accents. Luckily we Googled the Brand, the model 583 and speakers..and hey presto we arrived here. We had the pleasure of saying thanks but no thanks. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Hopefully others will be saved from being duped. :)

Anonymous
yeah.. i just got fucked too. i bought them for 130 a piece, but just the speakers. oh well.. at least i can sell them, and get a little bit of cash.

i just bought a set of audiofile 583 XT's from two guys in an SUV in south florida. They showed me the magazine saying they are $ 850 each. I only paid $ 160 bucks & they appear to be pretty high quality. I would appreciate any info. that anybody has on them.

Just got scamed by these guys on my lunch break today

Two 583LR speakers 250 euro for both, thought i got a good deal until i found this site so i don't know if they work yet, but if they do i wont feel so bad

this all happened today, 2 guys in a matalic bagey suv fake mag the whole lot in Clonskeagh, dublin , ireland

i did however get their names and a phone number, Paul and byorn the phone number is 0871355559

it's a legit phone but probably just a ready to go jobby for the time there here making their cash

anywy like i say if they wokr i won't be to unhappy

hollis cameron
i too recently bought a pair of audiofile 583lr's at a garage sale for $180. I hooked em up to a yamaha 70 rms by 5 reciever and they sound awsem. Just because I can't find em on the net doesn't mean there bad speakers. Mine came w\warrenty and an information card so i'm stoked. They sound great.

Anonymous
i just bought 2 583 xt's for 40 $ from a friend of mine who got them as a gift. they sound good, maybe even great. i suggest not to worrie those of you who payed big bucks for them just because you cant find them online-yet

nembo pembo
i cant beleave it! i was doped for 1800 bucks!im calling the cops!

DJ Fox
Hah! Hah!
I ripped these punks off!!! I talked them down to $75 and a little bag of nasty brown weed :]
I'm a DJ and have used them at many raves at up to 500 watts... No problems at all... If I see them again, I'm going to try to really scam them with an ounce of brown weed... (which costs me $30....

Anonymous
How about 50 bucks and a leaky fishtank? That's all they got out of me.... wanted $800!!! Yeah RIGHT! They ran two red lights following me home to get the cash... huh. Hooking them up RIGHT NOW - will advise soon,

Anonymous
I was in NYC last weekend with my girl and these guys wanted $500 a piece and a free BJ or hand job from my girlfriend... i told them 180 and that's it!!! guys looked at each other and said okay... hooked them up and gave my bose speakers to my sister... these speakers rock!!! no problems here

I BOUGHT SOME OF THESE SPEAKERS ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO IN MURFREESBORO TN, AND SOME OF YOU SAY YOU SEEN THESE PEOPLE IN IRELAND, WHAT THE HELL! I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY HOOKED MINE UP SO I CANT HONESTLY SAY THE ARE GARBAGE, BUT IF THESE GUYS GET AROUND THAT THIS MUCH WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES YET, AND JUST HOW MANY OF THESE GUYS ARE THERE, THERE WERE TWO MEN THAT APPROACHED ME IN A KNACKI COLORED KIDNAPER VAN,AT NATIONS BANK, ONE OF THE MEN WAS FORIEGN POSSIBLY OF SPANISG DESCENT AND ONE WAS BLACK WITH A GIMP ARM. IF ANY BODY FROM TENNESSEE HAS ANY LEGIT INFO OR COMMENTS PLEASE EMAIL ME...

Now that you mentioned the scam with guys in a white van... I heard rumors that an old pot head friend of mine back in high school was selling speakers from a van. I guess hes part of this speaker cartel... thats just too funny (but also sad because he smokes other things besides pot now). Note todays lesson to be learned: this is what weed can do to some people... next thing you'll be on the streets selling cheap speakers from a white van! As for me, I chose the other route... I'm studying dentistry.

Anonymous
Yeah looks like I've been turned over for 300 yoyos as well by the same American tosspot in the beige motor, this was in Dublin last weekend. I hope he drives down the road again, which of course he shouldn't as he was in a hire car and had to drop it back at the airport and was in a major hurry hence the sale of the speakers etc..etc.. I wouldn't mind but that was BEFORE I had had a drink.

Anonymous
Yeah same thing happened to me and one of my friends in allen texas. Two guys pull up in new green ford explorer with flordia tags. Said they got 4 extra audiofile 583LR-had a sheet that showed that they run 1500 for a pair (later found out to be bogus). So me and my friend make him and offer of 600 thinking we would make alot of profit back. Went to the bank pulled out 600 dollars got the speakers went home and looked them up on the internet. The only thing that pulled up when we typed in "audiofile" was SCAM. Sucks

Anonymous
The nice gentleman let me write them a check for 200.00 today around 5 P.M. It'll be a race to the bank tommorrow morning!!!!

Anonymous
Scammed in Lowell, MA 01850 at 11:00AM (rts. 495 / 93)
Getty Gas station

Yeah, I just bought these speakers today. Now, I am no audiophile, but these speakers sound pretty good! I paid $200. After seeing this forum however, I may try to scam them again with my friend. Possibly write them a fake check or even cancel the check before they cash it. At the time, I believed that they were stolen so I concluded that even $200 was a steal! Well, I now know that I got about what I paid for them. ;-( Anyway, I have some good info on these guys!!!

New Hampshire License: 137 9744
Silver Ford Minivan w/ a big dent in the rear of the driver's side. There were three guys. The driver was about 6'2'' or more with blonde hair and was the primary seller. The other two stayed in the van and didn't get out. They looked like drug addicts, so I thought that they were looking to get a "quick score" or something. Anyway, just letting you know.

Anonymous
Beware! Sacramento, CA area, two young guys in a blue late model Ford Explorer. Fast talkers about being employed in Davis, GPS in the truck, etc. The SUV has a chrome flame thing on the grill and a hundred dollar bill licence plate on the front. They had the receipts, speaker info sheets, etc. They had the AudioFile 583LR stuff.

Like others have said, they don't sound bad but a scam's a scam...

wow, i live in arligton and just bought two audiofile 583lr speakers from this guy and a girl in a grayish truck. said he worked for a company called t&m. he wrote me up what seemed to be a legit reciept, gave me the warrenty info, card etc. he had the boxes, everything was wrapped and the speakers looked real nice. i decided to hook em up and make sure they worked before buying them and they did. and they sound pretty good. he said the msrp was 1500 i was like haha, no way. so he said ill give em both to you for 700 and i was like, man im poor, ill give you 50 and hes like...umm, comon man, im like..all i got is 250 man. hes like....ok ill do it. so drive him to my house which is like a f*cking castle and hes like, damnit i knew you were a baller, and i was like, heres your money, gimme my speakers =D.

anyway so far they sound pretty good but i havnt gotten enough power to them yet. also, i cant find ANY information on audiofile speakers ANYWHERE and im dying to get some info. what to do eh?

Anonymous
All you mother fckrs are gonna pay!! you are the ones who are the ball lickers. We're gonna fck your mothers while you watch and cry like the whiney btches you are. Im gonna go to your little audiofile factory and sht, and then make you eat my sht and then make you sht out the sht that we made you eat and then we're gonna eat that. And then we're gonna stop you from making your shtty speakers.

Hey I goot thoose 583 lr's and im telling you they dont kick a whole lot of bass with low power but with the low power the highs and mids are incredible imagine what would happen with the full 400. Also I got a five speaker surround with a small self powered sub all for $550 tell me what you think. It may be a scam and I could have mabey paid less but no doubt a good STEAL.

mike
Hehe..Man this sucks. I get approached by a green Explorer and two guys give me the same story about the extra stuff and the magazines, and the $1500.00 price tags, the whole nine yards. I looked at the speakers, (opened them up and all), looked decent and asked them what they wanted for it. He tells me he wants $300 a piece for the 583LRs, and another $300.00 for the 6-piece home theather package. I gave him $400.00 for two 583LRs and the home theather package. He tried to get more, but that was it. Well, I came home, type in "AudioFile" and all I see is SCAM. DAMN IT. lol. Do I feel like an idiot(the other word for donkey is not allowed..lol) . The speakers DO SOUND DECENT though. Hey, for $400.00, I got two full towers and a home-theather package. Although I feel scammed, i think it is still a good deal. Now to sell them..hehehe...

I sell home audio systems for a living in CA and once in a while i get someone coming in asking about these speakers they bought off a guy for really cheap. They are always suprised when i tell them that they probably were told that the sellers were just trying to unload an extra set of speakers they had and that the boxes displayed a $2000 price tag. There are a few companies that do that all over the world. Audiofile, Digital Audio, Dogg digital, Acoustic Image, Acoustic Response and Pro Audio speakers all do this. Some of them even have websites that agree with the list prices given by the sellers. I don't know of any reputable speaker manufacturers that print the price on the box. And for those $2000 speakers I have heard of people paying between $75 and $800. With the satellite/ subwoofer package having an unpowered sub I'd say that if you were able to get away for under $150 that you paid a fair price because even Bose (and I am not a big fan of Bose) has a complete theater package for $699 that will blow those speakers out of the water. This word of advice - Don't buy anything out of the back of a van.

Anonymous
I just bought my 583lr today for 180.00, they sound great, I cant complain...... They are driving a green suv with NH tags and there in the NY area.

Anonymous
Anyone moron that buys anything, let alone electronics, from the back of a van, DESERVE whatever they get...You can't possibly think the speakers you got are worth anything NEAR the $$$ you paid...This is a SCAM, and scammers always win, i bet the 180 bucks the above post paid for his speakers is about 100 more then they are worth...lol

Anonymous
Sandwich, Ill- Same story. Two guys, white gutted minivan in Mcdonalds parking lot. I paid $105 for the 583lr towers but havent listened to them yet. I read mixed reviews and I figure if I get a year out of them then it was worth it. Next fall Ill use them for kindling.

Anonymous
I guess i just got ripped off to.I bought my 583lrs for 200.00.These guys are everywhere.I bought mine in the parking lot a supermarket in colorado springs.I've hooked them up and they sound pretty good.I would like to see how they would sound with more power.Has anybody have these speakers go out on them yet. If so how long did they last.I was upset at first when I found that this was a scam but for 200.00 the speakers don't sound half bad.

If you have and warranty issues with your speakers contact information on the company is on this page.

http://www.scamshield.com/Help.asp?id=4

Hope that helps

Rob
ahahahah!! this is GREAT!!

How anyone can pay $200 for a pair of speakers they fully believe to be stollen or 'hot' in one way or another and then complain about getting ripped off is beyond me.

And there must be an army of these guys in mini-vans, they seem to pop up everywhere. Nice work guys!

I recently bought speakers at a pawnshop for $150
and they sound good to me. The Audiofile 830LR
but in researching this product I found nothing but complaints. I want to know how much this speakers actually costs? And is Audiofile a real company?

dammit! my friends and i were in walnut creek, CA and these guys in a white ford expolorer roll up and say the have some extra speakers they want to sell. We get out and these two white guys show us some bullsht reciepts and advertisemnts that say these tower 538lrs are worth 1500 each. We buy two of them for 280, go home and find out this is all a fukin scam. The speakers work fine, but they are not that great. Is this illegal or what? i learned my lesson, but i still want to get these pieces of sht. The only way they can make money is by cheating stupid people, like my friends and i.

Anonymous
Yea i guess im a idiot box, sh*t lickar, idiot dick, wutevr these scumbags hit me up in a gas stations and pull the same sh*t i got da 583lr and havent conneceted them. But reading wut i have read u dam right im sh*t*ing bricks. LOOK OUT FOR THESE NUGS. The best thing i can say is they wanted 600.00 4 2 speakers i pulled out 400.00 but only gave them 300.00 n quickly drove off so i guess u can say we fucked each other.

Anonymous
i bought 2 583lr speakers from a green land rover discovery in NY, 2 white guys about 18-27 both about under 6 ft, one with shaggy hair dirty blond and the other had a hat on with darker hair, the liscese plate was 162-9337 from new hampshire, gave me the same story as everyone else, i havent tried them out yet but i hope they work,if u read this and see them around anywhere post up a note where they been sited, dont buy it for more than 50 bucks, probalby 25 bucks is all there worth,

Anonymous
Was about to buy some PSD 2.8 speakers in England - sounds like the same kind of scam, the build quality is horrific they were going for £350 which is about $600 (i think)

Avoid these speakers!!!

Anonymous
I just bought a pair of the 583lr for $225, from
a couple of guys in a striped out ford van. I
havent hooked them up (and probably never will) I think i'll try and sell them for that little bit of self-respect i lost when I found out it was a SCAM. ***Jacked in Elkhart, IN****

Dont believe the HYPE
I am coming to the belief that for as mnay posts here about the "scamers" ,i can't believe for one minute that there are 1) this many suckers 2) this many suckers who would admit to being scammed 3) That this many suckers would find this forum/site to admit to being scammed
I think there is one guy posting about different scenarios for a laugh

Hype-
If you don't believe it then visit

http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1

They list the different companies that use this marketing technique, where they opperate and how to contact them. The truth is that this board doesn't even scratch the surface.

Anonymous
Well they got me today, I was just looking for information on the speakers and found this. I paid $200.00 for 2. They look to be about worth that much on furniture basis alone, we'll see about the sound. I was in Lake Charles, LA so buyers beware.

Anonymous
Hi, I almost got scammed too..
The same story - two man in a white van. But this time in Germany. They seem to be pretty good organized..
I had the speakers at home for 400€, but luckily after checking the internet and looking at the speakers more carefully, I took my bike and found the two freaks.. and finally got my money back..
yeahh.. If the people are like to buy sh*t, someone will sell them sh*t. Making (or saving) lots of money whithout risk isn't possible. It was a very good presentation though.. and so to say a lesson for life ;-)

sorry for those who paid much and received poor quality :-(

greets from Karlsruhe/ Germany

austin smith
I bought two 583LR audio file speakers off two guys in a maroon ford explorer, eddie bauer series and had illiniois plates. I paid 100$ and gave them my longboard. I hooked them up and they sound suprisingly very good. Ocurred in Sacramento California.

worst comes to worst i guess i could sell them to some shmuck for the price i paid for them.

Ben Dooped
Same thing happened to me in Woburn, MA this morning. Guy with an Aussie accent and another guy with piercings pulled up in in a bluish SUV with NH plates. The Aussie talked a good talk. I paid $200 for the speakers...he wanted $500. I thought it was a good deal, saw the receipt and magazine ad. 30 min later was in Burlington, MA at the mall and two other guys in a Reddish Suv pulled up to me with the exact same story...that kind of pissed me off. Oh well, I didn't have home speakers before but now I do. I have there plate numbers but I doubt I'll do anything...fool me once, shame on you...

Anonymous
Guess what? I too have been scammed or should I say, freely removed of some cash. The two guys I saw were in Santa Rosa,Ca on May 8,2003. They were driving a white ford expedition with a license plate from Texas. They claimed to be from Sacramento with some extra speakers mistakenly given to them at there job site. I knew it was some sort of monkey buisness, but I took there bananas for $100 and A hotel fee,$50. You can't be pissed just be wiser in the future. I thought they were stolen,so whos ripping off who? Hopefully they work just fine.

Anon
Same sad story...
Got me for $300 for 2 583LR's

Guess I got what I deserved...can pawn'em for 100....

Pound for pound, it's a weed out of the ignorant

Anonymous
Paid $160 for half the set, was planning on dropping it in my trunk, building supports, cutting a hole for it near my rear window and useing it for car audio.

Crap, This was only yesterday, I did manage to get the guys license plate, and his name off the driver's licence he showed me to prove he was "legit". California License Plates "6SO7033" Name on Driver's License "Patrick Cordova". White Van. This happened in Colorado Springs. I read on that scam site that I can return em in 3 days. Any Idea on how I would contact these guys to get my cash back.

Anonymous
I bought two 583LR's in San Diego this past week. I knew they were running a scam but I was in the market for speakers and wasn't going to pay a dime over a hundred each. I raced home to try them out and they sound great. The going rate is over a hundred each for the same quality. So I am satisfied. I only needed them for the tv anyway.

Anonymous
Same story, at a gas station, two young guys in a white expedition approached me with a load of speakers. They told me the delivery story. This happened in Sacramento, I hope I see these little punks again. These are the 50 dollar hotel freaks

Anonymous
In Baton Rouge, LA I was approached by a man in a gold-minivan...said he had too many orders and had to get rid of some speakers. I paid 300 for 2 583LR speakers...hey i got em hooked up to my Pioneer SX-255R receiver and they sounds pretty damn good. Yeah, he pulled the same thing with me. He showed me some magazine where they were 1600 dollars. I looked at the Speakers before hand...i had just wona lot of money at the horse races in Dallas, so I said "What the Hell?"...so far good sound. I just hope it lasts.

Anonymous
Just a note. I bought a set of these speakers and guess what, they sound better than some high end speakers that I was using, probably paid too much but damn my stereo sounds better now.

Anonymous
I just bought two 583LR speakers from two guys in the parking lot of my bank. They were in a light blue Ford Expedition with the chrome flame thing on the grill, a $100 bill thing on the front license plate, and CA plates. I paid $300 for the speakers. I hooked them up and they work. I suppose I'll try to sell them and see what happens. I knew it was a scam, but $300 seemed okay to me. If I can't sell them I'll just take the speakers up to the mountains and shoot the sh*t out of them with a shotgun. It will be fun. By the way, this was in Aurora, Colorado and the main seller's name is Paul Hughes. I don't think any of you should be pissed off. You should know better. I bought them because I don't really give a sh*t.

Anonymous
someone just pulled the same thing on me with these speakers, i had also payed 300 dollars for them. if anyone would care to know or see them in thier white suv, kick their a$$. last i saw them was in vacaville, ca.

Anonymous
I am an idiot i live in San Antonio and i thought i was getting hooked up. If anyone has any information on who they are let me know.

Anonymous
Anyone requesting info and post as Anonymous: leave e-mail addy or something.

BTW, they f*cked me over too...

Anonymous
A friend at work just tonight told me about a set of speakers he bought off a couple of guys in a gold van. He said he he paid 600 but they were worth 1500. Turns out to be a set of Audiofile 583lr's. He knew I had a high-end setup so he asked my opinion. The first thing I thought was they were hot, then that they were old junk. I went researching and came across this and it looks like what I thought was the case. This makes me sick. I'm printing all these posts to show him what I found. I'm not looking forward to what his reaction will be. I'm writing this from NE Pa. Maybe the speakers do work, but I've always believed that you don't get something for nothing. If all these posts are true, i'm sad that this sort of stuff goes on.

Tom
Same thing here. They found me at a gas station in Norwell, MA. They said they were from AudioWeb in Seabrook, NH. They had a blue SUV with NH plates - 161 3217. The driver had dreadlocks and never got out, the other kid, Brad, got out, opened the speakers and showed everything to me. He also had the fake magazine article on them, saying they were 1500. He wanted 200 each, then 100 each. I told him all I had was 130. He said they couldn't do it for that and I said ok. I gave him my number and said if he couldn't unload them, then I will take them for 130. Sure enough, he called me 10 minutes later.

These speakers may be a scam, but hopefully after I hook them up, they sound good. We'll see.

Anonymous
If you really want the king pin in this speaker scam, his name is Conrad Viva. His Parents live on Maywood Avenue in Maywood, New Jersey. He lives in and runs his business in the Las Angeles, California area. This guy can easily be found with a little research. If you go after this guy you will have a major affect on the entire United States organization. Let it be known, this guy is a millionaire from your money.

Anonymous
anyone else live in the Louisiana area that was approached by a gold mini-van...? I posted earlier...i hate that I got scammed but the speakers do actually sound good.

Anonymous
As of 5/19/03, there are three in the San Diego area still selling. Same as the above, white Ford Explorer (2002 model) with the same story about delivery, etc. Three young guys, two never got out of the vehicle, one was a very smooth talker. Live and learn . . .

Anonymous
These Motherfuckers are in Miami, operating around the Doral area.. I got robbed of $400.00 for two speakers... I am afraid to listen to them. If I see them around I will kick their butts............This happened around 3:30pm, They were in a black Suv, There were 2 of them between the ages of 30 & 40, chubby latinos.....

Anonymous
Being a professional sound engineer and owning a sound company in the san diego area, I'm always on the look-out for a good set of speakers I can use with my rig. Now, granted, these are home theater speakers, but I was in the market for some home speakers and I had an extra $400.

The first thing I thought was: OK, these are stolen. I can live with that. I honestly don't care, as long as it's cheap.

I was able to jew the guy down to $420 for four of these Audiofile 583LR speakers. I hook them up to a Crown XLS 402 pro audio amp when I get home and feed it some Tool -- my generic test music.

Anyone who complains about the quality of these speakers for what they paid for them is just a whiney little baby. They'd probably retail for twice what I bought them for, and that would be a fair price for the quality of these speakers. No, they're surely not worth $1500 a piece. However, they *are* worth the $105 a piece I paid for them, and if I had more than $420 at the time, I probably would have offered it to him.

Bottom line is: Quit whining. You get what you pay for. I paid $100 a piece for these speakers and I was willing to live with what I got. They sound great, handle the 340W that the Crown feeds them with ease, and on top of that, are an attractive set of speakers. This, coming from someone with a trained ear for sound quality ... But, as always, make your own judgements. If you don't like it, you can always sell it to someone who will. Hey! Why not pull the same routine THEY did on someone else!?

Anyways, if you guys are looking to bust some heads ... Same modus operandi: ordered 4 speakers, ended up with 4 sets, wanted to sell off the excess to anyone who would be willing to pay for them. Well, I was willing, and I got some speakers. I'm satisfied with what I spent on them. They were driving a black SUV with Florida plates .. Sorry, don't have the number. This is Tuesday 20 May 2003 in Chula Vista, CA. They were vulturing the parking lot of the Chula Vista mall, there, between H and I street, broadway and 4th ave.

Audiofile Seller
no one put guns to your heads to buy these speakers. our speakers are great. shut up. thats what you get for buying out on the streets.

My 23 year old son and I were approached in Chula Vista (suburb of San Diego) at the ATM. Of course we were shown the bogus magazine ad, and we "knew" they couldn't be as nice as they sounded. But for $100 apiece, we bought 4. We hooked them up and they sounded pretty good. Even cheap crappy speakers are more than $100 so I don't feel too badly. The guys are scum bags, no doubt. Some people are selling them on Ebay for about $300/pr, so maybe we will get our money back eventually. Otherwise, we will listen to these and learn our lesson the hard way. Guys were driving a huge BLACK SUV, I think a Suburban. Two white guys, they were total asholes. (can't say the "a" word on this forum). One guy wanted my Oakleys after the deal was through and I told him to go away. We were dumbasses but it wasn't that bad. It's our own fault for listening to these jerks. I'm going to spy on that area later and get a license number if I can. Good luck to anyone else that got scammed like we did.

Anonymous
How many of these speakers are out there? The first posting on this site was from November 2001 and here it is May 2003. Since it happened to me over my lunch break today in Colorado Springs, I am happy to hear that some people think the speakers sound pretty good and are worth about a hundred each. I guess I'll see once I get them hooked up.

Eric
Bought these "Digital Ready" audiofile 583LR speakers for them same scam artist today, went home to hook them up to my Yamaha reciver turned everything up, even on my EQ. They don't sound bad at all. They sound good for $200 speakers.

pflopf
help, these scammers are everywhere! zurich, switzerland.

Anonymous
They are in Northern Virginia. My son got hit in Loudoun County. Black Cadilac Escalade EXT with Virginia License plates. Drivers identified themselves as Joe D. and Vern S. They even signed a bill of sale! Joe D. is about 6', shaved head brown hair and goatee, mid to late 20's. Vern S. never goheavier set man, mid to late 30's, brown hair with a ponytail.

tj
ROFL happened to me in Northern Virginia also on Memorial day. I kinda bought into it...but i really didnt need speakers. They look nice, but im sure they sound like crap. When i didnt grab on to their final attempt, which i was polite of course, they started throwing the box of speakers on the ground. Kinda freaked me out and made me laugh at the same time, so i got the bump outta there. It happened right in front of a Best Buy. You know, where people go to BUY ELECTRONICS@#!@#

Anonymous
I've just got the same.
Fairfax, VA

Anonymous
Plano. Tx. Green suv with Florida plates. Two white males. Yada, yada. Stop whining. You get what you pay for. Paid 200 for a set. Even if they are not the best quality, at 100 bucks a piece, it's not that bad...again stop whining.

Bob Sprocket
I just saved my neighbour and a couple of construction workers from getting fucked from these dickhead punks

never ceases to amaze me that people think two dick smokers in a van give a wank about taking care of some body off the street and selling some great product for way less than its worth,

it just doesnt happen people ...wake up

If you get screwed you deserve it
man

Anonymous
Madison, WI
white van
IL plate 66446a

went to find them after my research and actually spotted them. They saw me and started driving like lunatics. Lost 'em in rush hour traffic. Doh!

For those experiencing shitty audio, I read somewhere else that some guy opened up the cabinet and noticed the mid ranges were not even hooked up. Check it out.

I have friends in the police department here, so I'm going to see what can be done. I didn't get ripped off too bad I guess ($200 and better than what I had), but it's the principle. They f*ck me, I f*ck them. I'm a revengeful person. Those FIBs better stay in Illinois if they know what's good for them, and even that may not be safe. It's good to have friendly resources like the police department.

To quote Pink Floyd, "You better run!"

HY Guy's
Im comming from switzerland, two punks in a minivan sold me two boxes 583LR. They said to me, one box costs about 5ooo swissfranks ( its about 2500 dollers ) it sucks me off.

Anonymous
Same story here. This was in a parking lot outside Woodfield Mall in Shaumberg, IL. Before I bought them for $200, they claimed they were $1600, I got one of the guys to show me his drivers license. His name is Drew T. Klass, 1854 Goodwin No 3B, Palatine, IL 60074. His drivers license number is K420 1788 0326. Feel free to steal his credit or write him a letter or do whatever. If you got screwed and have an idea on how to get back at one of these jerks, have fun.

They approached me today in Shrewsbury MA, Suburb of Worcester, in a bank parking lot. I figured off the bat they were stolen, and didnt even want speakers until my friend convinced me we could sell them for more. they wanted 200$ a piece, i played them down to 150$ for a pair. i hooked them up and they work, so now i can still sell them and make a profit, only way i was scammed was they arent retailing for 1500$. he also told me he was from Seabrook, NH, didnt notice the plates. Very nice looking speakers, can sell these easy.

Anonymous
i comming also from switzerland and the two punks sells me 6 boxes for 1600.- swissfranks (about 1000$) I heard form that befor, but the quality of this loudspeakers is not bad, jso i can say as a soundengenieer.

Think about this
Really, the sour taste in all yaws mouth is unjustified. These people are "cashing in" on your own dishonesty and greed. Atleast you are getting somthing decent in return. What exactly are you going to tell the cpos anyway.. "yea officer I though I was buying some expensive stolen speakers, but I'm mad because they are not stolen or expensive, cuff em'..." --not hardly. They tried to get me, but just use common sense, if somenone is wanting money instantly, without any time for you to research the item, DUH, its a scam. It happened to me as a teen with some gold chain or somthing. I learned my lesson. Learn yours.

SGC
Im another one. austin Texas... $230 for 2 583LRs :-( What can you do... You take a risk...

Anonymous
This better be read by Audiofile peoples. I am reaally upset and me and My friends are looking for those guys in SUV or Vans to kick there butt all hte way to hell for selling bad speaker.

Anonymous
HI GUYS I KNOW YOUR ALL FEELIN PRETTY SHITTY RIGHT
NOW ,BUT THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LITTLE BETTER THE GUYS THAT HAVE BEEN SELLING THIS JUNK ,JUST GOT A TRUCK LOAD OF THESE THINGS STOLEN..LOL
"WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND"

Anonymous
Wow - lots of suckers out there.

I came across these two guys in the Seattle area with the same M.O. I was at a gas station and one of them approached me. Thinking they might have a better replacement for my $200 Costco purchased speakers I thought I'd take a look. They followed me to a retail parking lot where I was going to do shopping. They played the part very well. Like most of you who got scammed I was thinking hmm these guys got a couple extra (stolen) speakers to unload what a deal(the bait). After I didn't recognize the brand I sort of started backing out.I told them I didn't have the cash & I was going shopping (hoping they'd go away). They said they'd wait for me to get cash at the store if I was really interested & I agreed.

I came out of the store 10 minutes later & they were still there. I told them I couldn't get enough money (my lie) from the cash machine.
They were persistant and dropped the price down to $200 (originally they wanted about $300-400 for the $1600 dollar pair) for a pair.I asked them for a spec sheet, thinking they would open a box & pull out a manual. They produced a glossy laminated sheet with lots of hype, but no real specs. They even opened a sealed box and pulled a speaker out. I started getting suspicious because I'm thinking what would a couple of guys delivering speakers be doing with sales type materials.

I wisely offered them $100 cash for the pair thinking that if they got them for free then it's an extra $100 bucks for $10 an hour warehouse jockeys and if they're crappy speakers they'd do just fine in the garage with my old receiver. After all, they were (a lie) in a hurry to deliver the rest to the movie theater for their boss. They wouldn't take the easy $100 bucks and then when they saw I wouldn't pay more than $100 they got really pissed off slammed the side doors to the van & said thank for wasting our F#@king time then sped out of the parking lot.

I'm thinking they probably pay $50 each for them & that's probably about what their worth. Those of you who paid a couple hundred bucks - Well they only scam is you DIDN'T get the GREAT deal, but you did make those guys some money & you paid a premium for X-mart quality speakers. Those of you who paid more were clearly scammed. We've all been scammed at least once in our lives & it sucks. Use it as a learning experience & don't let in happen again. Forget revenge - it's just not worth your time.

Roland
Am looking for top of the line 6.5" component speakers and need some recommendations.
I was looking at Focal and Diamond Audio Hex speakers. I hear Focal speakers don't emphasize the lows to good and I read the Diamonds sound pretty good.
Can anybody recommend any other brands and give me some feedback on the above brands?

Derek
Try Morel and Dynaudio. If you want something cheaper, try MB Quart or Infinity Kappa (Car) speakers.

Anonymous
This scam has been around for years. I got scammed in 1989. Two guys came up to me in a parking lot offering liquid cooled speakers. The warehouse packed a pair too many in their white van. They had the same glossy brochures and were smooth talkers. Can't remember what I paid - but it wasn't too much and I threw in an old Honda z50. I still have them brand new in the box. This was pre-internet days so it took me a number of years to actually figure out that I got scammed. This was in NJ.

Anonymous
Yeah I knew it was a scam, same story and same van. I even told the guy that he's scamming me, and that I've seen it over the news before. But I still caved and bought them. He actually had one hooked up to his radio in the van. Sounded good. I made him open the ones I was buying and tested them (if your buying..test them before paying), both worked! I paid $50 bucks a piece, total 100 bucks from originally $250 that he wanted. I worked it down like if i was in TJ. If figured is they sucked I'll only lose 100 bucks. I hooked them up to my reciver and i was surprised that they sounded so good. (for some sick reason, I'm happy with them) If they last a year or 2 I will be happen with them. Anyone reading this that has not bought them, a word of advice...don't pay over 125 bucks for the PAIR(if you do, then it is a scam), try to get it under that or 100 bucks for the PAIR...like i did.

Horatio Hornblower

Paid $300.00 for a set of ProtecSound PT-5000s home theatre speakers and subwoofer.

They're really not bad, I've paid more for far worse before. Bought out of the back of a van, what do you expect.

I see most people complain and cry "scam" because it wasn't purchased at a traditional store, however, you can get just as bad of merchandise at a traditional store.

Anonymous
I too just got scammed today in Austin Texas. I payed 200 to two guys in a Green Ford SUV...they seemed like nice guys, but I guess you have to watch out. I looked up the speakers about five minutes after the deal...five minutes too late. ARE there any legal issues here?

asi
I have just bought 4 speakers, the 583LR. Two "nice guys" approched me in the gas station proposing me 4 extra speakers that they recieved. I bought them for 1000 Swiss Francs (700 $). The new selling system in cars is moving to Switzerland. I tried the speakers and they sound very well. If the price is fair enough, and the quality/material is not bad, Why do we have to worry about this issue? Any similar pair of speakers costs about 2000 Swiss Francs. Why worry?
Maybe I won't get a warranty. What else did I miss ?

Damn, same thing here, today i paid 500 for 2 pair. i have heard for audiofile before, but come to think of it i think it is spelled audiophile.. Anyway, the same MO, Green Explorer, fat guy stays in the truck, skinny guys shows the goods. got the same pamphlet, havent hooked them up yet, but well see, maybe they will make some good rear channel speakers. they gave me the in for of Audio Web Int. in Seabrook, NH. with phone numbers and stuff. the thin guys name was Ryan, and the truck was NH plate 137 9779. I feel so stupid, but maybe they will be ok and i can sell a pair for 250, its just like going to a store and buying something for 2x the money. ugg, it was against my better judgement, but ohwell. life goes on. email me if anyone wants to try to nail these guys.

timn8ter
It's easy to see why this scam is so widespread.

Anonymous
Hi Folks,
this scam is now spreading over germany as well. I just bought a set of 583LR speakers today. Same story two guys, Hans and Wolf, one from the netherlands one from germany. I`ve paid 350 € for a pair.
But surprise the sound is quite ok but not as good as my audio physic.
Good luck to these guys, a very nice business idea.

timn8ter
So many cliches, so little time.
"let the buyer beware"
"a fool and his money are soon parted"
"if it's too good to be true, it probably is"
"you don't get something for nothing"
"there's a sucker born every minute"

Anonymous
Yup, well i'll join the club... i got scamed for 500 for a pair and i'm pissed. it was the same white van going around sellin the speakers, 583LR's... on man i'm pissed....

The Next Fool
Well now there in northern VA. 400 for the pair, what a *$#^^*$# steal that was. Please stop the insanity and may they get it three times worst!

patrick
the same thing happenend today in Frankfurt, I paid 250 euro, I think I will get them because I got the numberplate and my father works at the Policestation...If they give me back a hundred euro I won`t kick their a s s...

Anonymous
Is there anyone out there from Jacksonville, FL, that wants to help me get even with these fkrs. I'm serious.

I DONT SEE WHY EVERYONE IS SO PISSED OFF. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL GOT A GOOD DEAL ON SOME SPEAKERS THAT WOULD HAVE COST YOU A HELL OF A LOT MORE IN A STORE. I GOT A SET OF THE 583LR'S AND THEY ARE GREAT SPEAKERS ,THE GOOD THING IS I DIDNT PAY ANYTHING FOR THEM.AND I HAVE HEARD FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEIR SPEAKERS THAT SAY THEY ARE WORTH OVER A 1000 SO YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY AND INSTEAD OF THINKING YOU GOT SCAMMED. JUST THINK YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL. IF ANYTHING THE AUDIOFILE COMPANY GOT SCAMMED.

Anonymous
I just bought Two AudioFile 583LR's from two men in a white Ford Explorer, and we got home and before I opened the box, I did some research on them, and obviously found some articles about scams and such, so what I did was hooked up the speakers and played them at almost full blast, they sound great, and they look great, there isn't anything wrong with them at all. I mean the logo is cruked, but thats all. I bought them for $400 and am going to try to sell them to someone for no less than that, but probably no more than that. These are great speakers people, and before you post that you got scammed, you should actually hook the speakers up and listen to them.

Anonymous
One more thing I wanted to add to that last post I just posted (Friday, June 20, 2003 - 03:26 pm ), you guys can complain all you want, but good luck finding these guys. Sounds like they have been to Ny,IL,CA,FL,TX,Va,WI,MA, and even out of the country and I'm from Colorado, so if you think you can actually find them, good luck. If you do find them, and have been to this site before you have purchased the products, then props to you. Also, no one has described to much of what the people look like, I was encountered by two white guys, one about 5'6 brown hair, no facial hair, the other about 5'8, blonde hair, seemed like he had to much coffee, a little facial hair. but i've read articles from other sites, and they are saying black guys, white guys, all sorts of guys, so it's not just two people, it is basically just a scaming company like any other buisness out there. These guys just are just Mobile.

timn8ter
Quote: I HAVE HEARD FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEIR SPEAKERS THAT SAY THEY ARE WORTH OVER A 1000

Quote: they sound great, and they look great, there isn't anything wrong with them at all. I mean the logo is cruked, but thats all.

Heresay and bad spelling have convinced me that I'm wrong. I'm going to make sure the next speakers I buy come out of the back of a van from someone I don't know, that won't help me if there's something wrong or provide a warranty, all without even listening to them before I plunk down hundreds of dollars. Boy, I sure learned my lesson. I had no idea what I was missing out on.

timn8ter
After posting my previous message and then reading it I didn't realize how sarcastic I sound. It's better than I thought.

puddin
well if anybody cares these guys are now in new iberia, LA. they tried to scam me but i just made them feel like turds. i actually made him take out 2 of the speakers and remove them from the boxes. then i told him uhhhh no thanks. they had 2 guys ,a chunky white guy with facial hair and an older guy with blonde hair. the story was (they had 8 in the shipment and they should have had 4 so they wanted to sell the other four and keep the cash) they didn't know who they where talking to.

Sacramento, California. 2 young guys mid to late 20's bleach blonde hair. Say they are from San Diego working in Davis. Supposed to pick of 4 speakers and got 8 trying to sell for some quick cash. IN front of Circuit city and Best buy on Arden way. One guy introduced as "doug" in Silver expedition. I hope somebody kicks their skinny ases for lying about what they have.

Mr. T
I just bought these speakers for $150. They sound ok, but I'd like to get them hooked up to a reciever for a better sound. Any suggestions on the kind of reciever I should get?

Thanks.

Jason
So, I have to agree with some of these guys and some I don't. Yes, it IS a scam, BUT... where else can you find a solid pair of good sounding floor speakers that kick without any distortion for $150 a pair, brand new, at your local pawn shop?? I could get a pair of equivelant Sonys which sound 10x worse for $300 a pair! I say, get them to sell low and buy em! They rock.

timn8ter
quote "where else can you find a solid pair of good sounding floor speakers that kick without any distortion for $150 a pair, brand new, at your local pawn shop??"

Now there's a technical term for you; "kick". What exactly is "kick"? My guess is you're refering to exaggerated mid-bass response. If that's what you're looking for I bet you could find some Cerwin Vegas to fill the bill. At least you get a warranty with those.

God! I'm having fun with this thread.

Anonymous
Timn8ter, this is the last anonomys poster that has posted, if you even get what the hell that means, guess what, the speakers i got came with a 5 year warrenty card in each box, so drop the warrenty crap, cause i got a warrenty on mine. And so, there you have it, you just made yourself sounds stupider and stupider by each post you have posted. Go do something else, this is for people who got "scammed" and if you can tell me where i can get two brand new tower speakers that sound this good for this low of a price, the you can damn e-mail me the place. HTokuda1@msn.com. Oh and they have to be brand new speakers that put out 400 watts per tower. Find one, and let me know, if you can't, then go jack off.

Anonymous
well, i was so into what i was saying, that i said stupider and stupider, i meant dumber dumberer haha!

timn8or
"If that's what you're looking for I bet you could find some Cerwin Vegas to fill the bill. At least you get a warranty with those. "

This coming from a guy with the name of timn8ter. His name should read Anol-PIR8

Jason
I'm not about to get in to an audiophile symantecs debate as to what the correct term is for 'good sound for the dollar'. All apologies for being a 25 year-old DJ who likes the word 'kick' which means something like 'hard-hitting bass'. Nevertheless, I still hold true to what I said. I did a bit of shopping around before I stumbled on these enigmatic speakers, and after playing at one house party already with a 100-watt Teac receiver, I can safely say that I'm happy with my $150 purchase. You all continue the snobbery, I've said what I needed to say. Adios!

Anonymous
Well timn8or, this is the closest i could find to my 400 watt 2-8" long throw bass drivers 1-5" seal back midrange 1-1"coated titanim tweeter Impedance 8 ohms and digitaly ready floor standing speakers that costed me $400 a pair.

"CVT. The CVT-10 tower speaker features full magnetic shielding for use in close proximity to video screens, 7" midwoofers with low-distortion precision pulp cones and butyl rubber surrounds, multi-slope phase-corrected crossover with reversible spikes and 1" treated silk dome tweeter. Separate sub-enclosure isolates midwoofer and tweeter from any unwanted modulations of... " "200 W ( Watts )" "$330
at 1 Store"

Yeah, great deal, i think that 200 watt speakers for $330 are a whole lot better than 400 watt speakers for $70 more... like i said, if you can find me something better, then feel free to e-mail me buddy Htokuda1@msn.com

This is an international phenomenon. Near Bognor Regis recently I bought 2 medium-sized floorstanding speakers from some guys in a Lada station wagon with Bulgarian license plates. Anyone read reviews of Anon Megacons? They are a steal. The solid plywood-and-cardboard construction had withstood the fall from the back of the lorry, no problem. The salesmen said they compare favorably with Quad ESL63s as long as you don't actually connect them to an amp or anything like that. Those guys really knew what they were talking about. I coupled them to a my Kenwood 2 kW "Cheffette". If you do power-up by poking cable into the holes thoughfully placed near floor level, two small side -effects are the hum gets complaints from the neighbours, and the burning sets off smoke alarms. For me, and I am picky, this can interfere with the sound. So take out those batteries, first. Then make sure the fazing is right. Even so the mid-range units stopped working after many contented seconds of use. Then the hum disappeared, but they are still great for disco music as long as you don't need high treble. Or low bass. Or vice versa, really. Obviously Anon designs speakers completely without bass thump, treble chiff or mid-range smack. But they still have "kick". Especially of you touch the exposed cables. And yes, they still have warrantee cards, thoughtfully stapled onto the tweeters, under the lurex grills: nice touch, Anon!

All my friends think my Megacons are unusual and want to know where I got them. I tell them I paid $500 each, and because they have never heard of them there is no way they can check!!! I don't bother with music much, but the speakers cast long shadows and heat the room. My friends with BmW, Sharwood, Hyde Park, Polck, (all those fancy companies whose prices cover bribes to Audio reviewers) just sneer which shows how jealous they are. Anyone know of a value-for-money set of life-style ear protectors and satellite fire extinguisher that will complement this system? The sales guys said the cabinets should be cleaned with designer snake oil, and they generously sold me some of that, too. I didn't get a warrantee on the snake oil. I was going to ask, but they had to leave the parking lot in a big hurry for some reason. The Speaker warrantee gives a toll-free number and a reply-paid card registration card with spaces for your bank account and credit card details.

If you are lucky enough to get the same chance, don't think twice about buying these speakers, especially if you already have your own sprinkler system. I think the guys might even come down to $1000 the pair.

I am thinking of ugrading to a full 5.1 system. Does anyone know if these are a good start and count as "hi-end"?

timn8ter
Well, I'll tell you what fellas. Most everyone that's posted here has admitted they made a mistake and I can appreciate that they're warning others to watch out for this scam. This particular scam has been going on for years by many different groups but they always seem to find people to sell to. What's annoying is the people here that are trying to defend what they did. Not one has presented hard evidence that these speakers perform as well or better than similarly priced ones. Rated power handling (200W vs. 400W) is not a criteria for sound quality. By the way, loudspeakers do not "put out" wattage. I'll "drop the warranty crap" but I'm still very skeptical that if the need should arise warranty service will be available. As for the name calling, I LOVE IT! I was hoping for a reaction like that to flush out the people that can't make a logical argument. Thanks guys. Now that I've got what I wanted I'm going to drop this thread. Thanks again.

Northern Virginia, Loudoun County... White GMC 2002 Van, guy went by the name Mike Stone, he seemed to be stoned himself... we bought 5 floor speakers for 600$, they sound great, and for some floor speakers for my town house back @ school, I made a hell of a deal... however, I still wanna beat these guys, lol...
This Mike Stone guy, real fast talker, almost as if his mind has been drilled through with E, had a flattop thing going, huge ear ring in his left ear, and covered in some cheesy gold necklaces. had a buddy with him who just went along with everything he was saying... we made out pretty well...

timn8ter
OK, one more. To John A.; "Anon Megacons",
"satellite fire extinguishers" and "designer snake-oil". I love it. Brilliant!

asi
After some days liestening to the Audiofile speakers, I am satsfied with the quality of the sound. The way they are sold is bizzar, but they are surley worth the 'cheap' price.

Winchester, Virginia. fat guy in a blue van. He's a dousche. sold me a pair of 583 lr floor speakers for $204. after i bought them my friend and i got on the internet to see how much they really cost. then we found this site. damn, this sucks. but at least they look cool and they impress my friends, and they dont sound that bad. but im still pissed at that fat guy in the blue van.

Caveat emptor!
Sighted on the Lower East Side this morning, about 9:30AM, grey van with Illinois plates. Knew about this scam so I told them to go screw. In retrospect, I should have messed with them more...

Zuerich, Switzerland, Europe
3 guys in a with van sold me today (06.26.03) two audiofile 583LR for $500. I don't think it's so bad, then they sounds not so worth. I was just suprised as I found this site, I never heard about something like that in europe. Hey, take it easy, you can sell them in the internet if you don't like the speakers ;-)

Anonymous
my buddy scored on a pair of 583lr's.he paid 300 dollars in a parking lot in sacramento.when we tried them out we were well impressed with the sound quality,the bass,and the lack of distortion.forthis kind of sound,300 dollars is one hell of a steal.since they are just speakers,it is pretty simple to repair if needed.no warranty needed.if you bought a pair and think you got ripped,quit whining and sell them.obviously,there is a market.these guys were in a red expedition.be careful.

Anonymous
Anybody that buys loudspeakers without listening to them first out of the back of a car is a fool. If you like them, fine. It still doesn't justify what you did and you shouldn't encourage others to do the same thing. Did you care that you might be purchasing stolen merchandise or does your conscience not allow for such considerations?

Anonymous
Hi there,
These guys are all over the world.. i'm from switzerland.. same story, white van two guys.. i hooked them up to my receiver, sounds good..

06.27.2003 switzerland

Anonymous
Well, it looks like these guys have made it into Michigan. My son bought a pair of 583LR speakers from two guys in a black Dodge panel van with Illinois plates. The story was that they were installing speakers for a customer and ended up with some extras. Same story as everyone else - . They caught my son in the local Target parking lot, told him the story and suckered him in for $500/pr. The receipt says EBA Distributers, Inc from Lake Zurich, Illinois. I can't find any thing relating to this company name anywhere. Also can't find anything on the Audiofile Company located in City of Industry, California.

GERMAN
So now they are in Germany...I took 2 Speakers today in front of a Media-Market in Mainz.$200 for both.The Sound is great an they look great.But anyway I am a fool to buy on the street...But at the end ...good boxes without garantie...lets smile

jack mehoff
I just screwed the pooch too. Outside a grocey store in Denver, CO 2 guys in a black escelade on their way to install a home theater had 4 extra speakers and wanted 300 a piece. brocure said 1499 a speaker and talked them down to 200 for the pair and threw in an extra 20 for beer money. havent hooked them up yet but im sure these audiofile 583lr are all the crap they have been hyped up to be!

tyler anderson
i got screwed from some punk bi(ches and heres there license plate H91 EBN its a florida license plate... its a black ford explorer.. if yall ever come upon these mother$uckers.. pull out a gun and kill there @sses!!!!

Derik Zoolander
I just bought two speakers an hour ago in Virginia
Well what you gonna, Victim of society. Hey This guys are brilliat. They pulled a fast one on me.

Anonymous
Your exercising poor judgement doesn't make you a victim of society. It was your choice.

I had the same experience as other people have discussed here. This is about the speakers in a van. It was a light brown van with 2 guys caliming that they were returning from a delivery and had two extra speakers worth $1500/-. I got them for $100/- for two of those and later checked it over the internet to find out that I was cheated. This happened in Sterling, VA.

Anonymous
Today the police from Switzerland checked 2 guys who was selling this speakers 830LR. The police told there are in order with the paper and they have an autorisation to sell this speakers on the road...Still the prise those guys wanted (500CHS) is not corresponding to the speakers, so tere must be somthing strange in this business...

tmn8er: Thanks. I was hiding from expected flames. Great to know you liked it. I won't write on building your own. I am envious. The world needs fewer con artists, more craftsmen.

German
Yesterday happend the same near Frankfurt Germany. Exact the same story. I've got a phone number in Frankfurt. Will check if it is a fake. Did anyone contacted the "waranty department"?

Anonymous
Happened at a home Depot parking lot in Oakbrook,IL at about lunch time. Same story valued $1500. White van, two HEAVY set guys, fake magazine, Company gave them extra pair of speakers. I did get a receipt for warrenty: EBA Distributors P.O. BOX 154 Lake Zurich,IL 60047. Fake as well.

recall
warning its an international cartell!!
they do the same thing in zurich (switzerland) too. same story...

it sucks............

Anonymous
Yesterday happened the same story in Frankfurt, 2 guys in a white van... am nauseated.
They said they went back to Holland,but...

Anonymous
DAMNIT , i paid 420 for them

Anonymous
Scam boys with 583LR speakers are driving around california in a black SUV with license plate 5ARM311. be careful, i just bought some in santa cruz.

Anonymous
I was just wonder...how much does a pair of those speakers really worth?? i got mine for 420...im fu*kin pissed but there aint sh*t to do...and the dudes who sold it to me said they can hook straight up to your TV...wow.....i see them, i will destory them...

This sucks
Yep, I just got had in Kalamazoo, Michigan...paid 200 bucks for the speakers. they sound alright to me but that's using my untrained ear...oh well what can I do now, guess i'll just eat the $ and learn from it. Man they were good at what they did.

P.S they have a white van as said w/ a illinois license plate and give a reciept that says they are from schaumburg , IL....BEWARE

Anonymous
hmmm...seems a known problem...just bought two 583lr in Bern, Switzerland, from two guys in a white van.....kinda creepy finding the same tour in europe, but I don't think they're the same two guys cuz they spoke swissgerman....well...seems like I'm another fucked one =(

brandon t
green ford explorer florida plates exxon gas station san antonio, sold me a pair of 583lr 200.00 a pair they started at 600.00 i told em hell no but i cant knock em till i try em ...

Anonymous
- got me for 200 for the pair. what are these 583lr speakers actually worth? hot chick sold them to me.

Anonymous
This scam is now running in Gainesville, FL. I just got had today out in the Kmart parking lot for $200 for the pair. Glad I didn't give them anymore. It pissed me off that people do this kinda stuff, but oh well thats life. Live and learn. Hell, maybe they might even sound okay like a few poeple have said.

Same story happened in Frankfurt, two guys in a white van, please contact me, schweisse@hotmail.com, I´ve got some further information, all who has been scamed in or near Frankfurt

none of ur buiness
Im in the same boat as everyone on this page, i pulled into a gas station in San Carlos, California 76 gas station. I see 2 guys around 23 years old, the one guy was a bit heavier than the other, the driver had tattoos on his arm, and the guy that was talking to me the heavier dude, told me he had 4 audiofile 583LR speakers and he was trying to get rid of them because they were bringing back to their boss, whose has millions, and they wanted to make a profit instead of the millionare dude. i was buying it only because of the flyer, which had a suggested retail price of $1500, so i thought dam i could make a pretty niffty profit. I said to the guy is this for real, or are you bs me he told me that he was serious even to the point of were he said look me into the eyes. BS! so i go to the bank take out $300.00 and give it to them. They finally were leaving and the driver said you could sell them and get your money back at least. So i was like ok, they were driving a white van, more like an explorer suv of some type. So i run home check out ebay their going for like 100.00 and im like damm man i knew it was a fraud. But i was in need of money and i decided to take the chance because it looked good and the guy seemed to be honest. BS! he also said he just came from the Warp Tour, even wearing a t-shirt from the warp tour..so i even bought his story more. Now i dont know what im going to do with these speakers, ill try ebay or something, or i might just be stuck with them how fun! They look like pretty nice speakers havent hooked them up yet, but im sure they good i just didnt want them in the first place i wanted to sell them to make money, the last thing i wanted was a pair of speakers. !! I new i should had stopped at the gas station before for some reason, if i did i wouldnt be posting the bs post and wouldnt have wasted 300 for speakers i dont need and now im stuck with them! I drove pretty far to the bank to they followed me the whole way through the back streets. Very nice guys u know. Even offering me some WEED which i passed because i dont smoke weed, i have a lung problem. Why do people want to scam people out of their money, i worked hard for that green stuff. Now 2 punks are laughing down the street. It seems like these people are all over the country if i see another one of these deals, im going to act like its a good deal, while their trying to sell me them im going to get their names, i want to see license their address, ill right down their liscense plate. buy them for about $30.00 bucks and then call the police and sue them for all the money they have and more so they are on the streets. This is BS stealing peoples money its a scam for sure! i dont care what anyone says.. SCAM SCAM SCAM this bs paper is a scam false advertisment and all, selling weed on top of that... big time busted, jail time! Love to catch these dudes and just lay down the law on them so they dont do it again. PUNKS!

Anonymous
guys - if i see you i'll kill you. i swear i kill you.

OMAHA NEBRASKA<scammed scammed I payed 600 for the surround set and 2 583LR haven't hooked them up yet but feal scammed, I will see them again and I will wuuup there assa, kickboxing trainer who will follow them and teach them a lesson. no joke.

Anonymous
here in va. was pullin getting out of my car in a parking lotand they came up to me. i took a quick look at the speakers and they looked decent... so i offered $40... he was wanted a lot more than that so i was bout to leave, we finally agreed on $240 for the pair. i had them come to my house to test them out first... i blasted some rap music and they sounded decent so i figured what the hell. went to the atm, and they tried gettin me to throw in some beer money... instead i acted like i couldnt get the full $240 out of the atm(said i had a daily limit)... and took out $180 and they took that instead. I can get a little satisfaction outta that. For $90 a peice I'm happy with them. Nothing great, but will do.
And neone who is pissed at them, its your own damn fault!!!

Anonymous
17.07.2003 Lausanne Switzerland, same story...
-je vous détestes les mecs, bon plan...

512E.C.
same thing happened to me in austin, texas. 15 months ago i turned two guys down, now today two different guys came up with the same story. so, i wised up a bit...

-ford expedition (no plates in the front bumper, white out lights)
-two men (one white with a florida licenese, one half white and hispanic with thugforlife writen on his left under-forearm.)
-and a lot of others things like license number on ford, and drivers licensese number.

unfortunely, i bought two 583LR for $300. what i really want to know if it is against the law? if so i would turn in all of the information that i got into the authorities....

i bought these two tower speakers for like 150 dollors. they are audiofile 583 LR 400 watts a peice they sound great with my pioneer sx850. i got a good deal from these guys in a white van

Kevin lawless speakr master
583 lr killer speakers purchased at pawn shop still in box. with warranty. For ninty-nine bucks.. hooked em up right their along side of the pawn shop,s DCM's. Sounded brighter and with more low end. I own Impact, JBL, Dahlquist, BOSE 901 VI, and now some homemade jobbers called Audiofile 538 lr that sho be rock'in. Uh huh, das right! Maybe I should call "Parts Exspress" and order Vance Dickonson's speaker building book,s. Cuz if this is legal, I can make some buck,s! Quit cry'in and hook them up! Timn8or ain,t got none, but sho be wish,in he did!! I bought them in Colorado Springs CO. on N. Academy. I know "state of the art". and now you know me " The Speaker Master". A.K.A K-Dog, the kevster, the kevinator, K-Smack, Smack-packster, the lawless one, L.K.L., formerly known as Kenpo Kev. Thank-You for this free message. And I would like to thank the lord for blessing me with these awesome speakers. Thank-You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
I got scammed about a week ago in Lafayette,LA by these 2 white kids 20-25yrs old, one w/curley dirty blond hair and the other w/dark stright hair wearing a LSU cap. Paid 400 for the pair. So for they sound fine, but I have yet to hook them up to the proper receiver and who knows if they'll last.

Anonymous
I indeed got scammed as well yesterday in WV....two dudes come up to me at sheetz and ask me if i know anybody that would wanna buy some sweet speakers...he shows me the fake a$$ magaziing clipping witht the list price of $1500 and tells me that some dude offered him $500 but he didn't wanna ake a check....everything sounded good...the deal...the speakers...the price..so i wind up paying $200 for 'em....gonna hook 'em today...hooked one up yesterday to a crappy receiver and they actually worked...so thats more than what i hoped ror after reading this page....its my own damn fault though...i'm a freakin' idiot..who buys things out of vans anyways....ah well...i might be able to unload them for like $150...i'llbe out $50 and its a lesson learned...but if i see those crackers again today i'm gonna beat their a$$....if anyone else got scammed in the northern virginia area or the eastern panhandle of west virginia e-mail me with what happened..Underachiever36@aol.com.....

Anonymous
I live in Miami, FL and I am another victim of these dudes. I paid $ 250 for a pair os 583LR speaker ...they worked fine but I don't think it worth that money...BE careful with these guys

Anonymous
i hooked up the speakers i bought in te scam the other day and they sound really good....i even took them out to my car,lol...and hooked them up to my 800 watt pioneer amp and the subs hit nice and deep....i don't think i got ripped off cuz i only paid $200..while these are no where near the $1500 price tag the a$$holes who sold them to me say they are worth they are good speakers for $200....what makes me mad is the fact that theylie out their a$$ to you and the fact that i f*ckin bought it....ah well...live and learn...

Rod
I was coming home from kung fu and I was approach by two guys in a green ford explorer in San Antonio, they gave me the story and I told them I was intersted I had them follow me two blocks where I had my roommate meet me outside they pull up and get out and we pull out our badges, told them we could arrest them for selling under fraudulent pretenses and told them we wouldn't if we confiscated all the speakers in the car, Eight 583 LR's later I sold them one by one on ebay for 60 bucks each.

Anonymous
Yeah some pimple faced dorks drove up next to me and asked if i wanted some awesomespeakers. I told em to buy a bottle of clearisil and blew em off in the dust.

Anonymous
bought 2 583lr's in sacramento june 20. two guys in a light expedition, talking about beer money and the like. told me they go for $3000 a pair. i laughed and offered him 160. i thought i made out like a bandit... went on vacation the next day to come back and find this... so i actually made out like a ... ? ...i don't feel like a sucker because i needed speakers and they look impressive and dont sound terrible... it IS a scam, but... oh well.

yeah, i'm in chantilly, va. had the same thing happen to me, except these two white males (aprox.20-25 and 30-35) asked me if i wanted speakers. they were driving a brown explorer. it was at the corner of 50 and 28 in front of shoppers...those in the northern va area beware, hopefully they won't sound too bad, but i still want to beat their a s s.

Anonymous
I too was stupid enough to buy van speakers. This dude and this fiine looking biatch did their scam. I invited them into my apartment so I can hook them up to my receiver. He said they had another appointment and he didn't have the time to spend with me. I was gonna get my 9mm and knock him out and ra.pe his biatch right there in my apartment. Then take them in their van to a secluded part of town and kill em both. Set them on fire inside their van with the crappy speakers. Sort of like a ritual killing.

Anonymous
Haha, I had two white males, approximately 20-25 in a maroon mountanier try to sell me these things. I talked them down to 200 and then had them hook them up to my receiver for a "trial". Blew the left one in 20 seconds and the right in about 30 seconds! They were pissed. One of them actually tried to get me to pay him! I told them to leave before I called the cops. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'm in houston, TX, but have heard of these guys in Austin where I went to school. They almost duped my roomate, but he didn't have 200$. What they are doing is not technically illegal, except selling without paing taxes.

Anonymous
This is too funny.

I knew about this scam before.

My dad calls me up tonight on the way back from work saying that he has a suprise for me (since he knows that im a wannabee poor audiophile).

He comes home, tells me that he has a supise for me in the back of the truck, and what do you know? 2 of these audiofile tower speakers! He seemed pretty proud of himself that he only paid 300 for them, and asked me if they were any good.

I was cracking up inside, but I couldnt break it to him, he was quite proud of himself thinking that he made a wise purchase. So I told him that I heard of them before, and that people say that they are good speakers.

He gave them to me, and I hooked them up as my B terminal (when I listen to music, I like to listen to it in 2 channel, but with both A/B terminals on, and the B terminals as rear speakers, so that it envelopes me in sound).

I wired em up, and they dont sound horrible. They arent too bad for the price that some of u guys got them for, but they are a far cry from good in my opinion.

BTW: I'm in the Sacramento, CA area.

hey hey, heres my story:
I am just going out for some shopping, then this guy in a green chrysler voyager asks me window to window if i am interessted in Speakers.
Yeah sure i am, so he showed me what he got.
6Pairs of 583lrs and 3 Home theatre systems.
It was somehow strange, but anyway i got 2 583lr and a 5.1 cerwin-vega system for 360$, got him down from 650$
I think the sound of the speakers is quite good, but if you put them on high watt and high volume, you'll hear that they are buyed from a Van. Anyway, the Speakers look cool and im sure i can resell them for at least the price.
Got the cell number of the Guy, i'll give it to anyone who think he's been tricked or wants more of them :-)
02.august.2003 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, Green Chrysler Voyager

Anonymous
they are in FLORIDA, just got scammed by two guys in Coconut creek, paid 200 for two speakers (583LR)...

charles oneal
i got 583lr last week the f**king rock compaired to my dads cerwinvegas!!!!!!!!!!!! more base more mids and more treb. i guess i got scamed but these are great cheap speakers.

Mr. Pist 1314
charles oneal, First off that's not your real name. Second off everyone who claims that they bought these speakers says they got screwed. So you must be the only jack-off that does not know what a good sounding speaker is, or you are a white van speaker seller. Oh and one last thing there is no way those speakers would have sounded better than a pair of Cerwin Vegas.

Anonymous
WOW and holy sh*t, I just bought 2 583 LRs and a THX 6.1 system from these fucks and paid 600 for the whole set. Sure enough, said they recieved double their order and could sell it for nothing. The THX even has a price tag of 2 grand on it! They showed me some mag they were in but I can't find it at all. I've hooked mine up and they sound good with my Onkyo reciever but now I'm worried. The sub on the THX system leaves room to be desired.
BEWARE they're running a circuit now in South Louisiana!!

WOW! I cant believe this, I'm 16 yrs old and just got scammed in a parking lot of a mall in Austin, Texas. I bought 2 583lr's for $260. Should I try to sell these or just use em for what they're worth? These guys were driving a light green Ford Expedition. Atleast they'll attract women when they're hooked up in my bed room :)

8/6/03
Got me for 240 for a pair in ukiah ca. Fast talkers, nice looking speakers that dont sound TOO bad. I should have talked them down. Anyone know what to do send an email

Hey, if you run into 2 white males in a maroon Mountaineer (I guess thats what it was- its a new SUV hatchback looking like) saying they are bonded couriers and they just received twice their shipment and trying to sell these speakers for a good time that night, beer money and all...email me please.
I'd like to lay down the @ss whoopin. Speakers don't sound bad and all mine work. I got the same damn 583s that everyone else got and some 6.1 surround sound system, not bad for the price I talked them down to but I'm pissed cuz they lied through their teeth to me. Anyway, I'm in Louisiana as well.

Anonymous
oh my god...this is incredible. i live in grapevine, tx. i too was "scammed" in the grapevine mills parking lot. same story as everyone else... sayed they recived 4 pairs instead of 4 speakers. 2 white males, big GMC silver yukon with texas plates. fortunatly only payed $150 for the 2. hooked them up and they sound suprisingly good. this is all so mysterious. where do these guys come from? how many of them are there? where do the speakers come from? how much are they really worth? this is insane.

Anonymous
The only thing you guys did is not research. You didn't get scammed, you were over-bargained. I was as well. I payed 260 for just one speaker. The speakers themselves do in fact run for about $250 each so I guess I did get my money's worth. I needed a speaker anyway. This is how bargaining works in a lot of countries besides the US. A guy will throw a price out for way more than its worth and if you take it then that's your own problem but objects without barcodes can be negotiated as far as price goes. Basically I got him (His name was Paul as well) to lower it down from paying him 1000 for two, to 260 for one. So I guess we both got even with eachother, which I was okay with. I was just coming out of the bank in rancho cordova, california, and personally I think these guys are geniouses for knowing how to legitimately cheat the system of classic US trade and feed off the ignorant minds of Americans. Let's just hope the IRS pounds their as ses into the ground. I'm sorry for all of you that payed beyond your money's worth, but once you write that check, hand them the cash, or slide your credit card, we're to blame and should research a little better before jumping our guns.

R.J.
HEY GUYS I AM GOING TO BUY SOME AUDIOFILE 830LR FROM A PAWN SHOP. I AM GOING TO TRY THESE SPEAKERS FOR NOW AND SEE IF MY YAMAHA RECEIVER CAN PUSH THESE SPEAKERS (WHICH I KNOW FOR A FACT THE YAMAHA CAN). ALSO I AM GOING TO BY SOME THX ULTRA CERTIFIED MONSTER CABLE SPEAKER WIRE TO HOOK THEM UP. IF THIS GOES WELL I WILL KEEP THEM, BUT IF THEY DON'T WORK, WELL I WILL TAKE THEM BACK I AM DOING THIS TILL NOW BUT I WILL BUY SOME KLIPSCH SYNERGY SPEAKER SET AT BEST BUY. BUT I WILL COME BACK AND TELL YOU HOW THE SPEAKERS ARE.

(B.T.W IF YOU WANT SOME THX CERTIFIED MONSTER CABLE YOU CAN GO TO FRY'S ELECTRONICS, BEST BUY, AND ULTIMATE ELECTRONICS, CIRCUIT CITY FOR THE THX ULTRA MONSTER CABLE. AND YOU WANT THE LOWER PRICED THX CABLES, GO TO CIRCUIT CITY AND COMP USA FOR THE THX MONSTER STANDARD CABLES.)

Anonymous
Everybody here is acting as if this is something new. I'm gonna tell you the same thing my dad told me when I was just a wee child...
1.) Don't eat yellow snow
2.) Check the TP roll BEFORE you sit down
3.) DON'T buy speakers from the back of a white van

:-)

jon miller
BAton rouge, lousania- same story- got me for 200.-if you see them i the dark red pontiac suv kick them in the nuts- i really didnt neeed any speakers.

Henry P.,
WELL I JUST BOUGHT SOME OF THE SAME SPEAKERS AND I PAID 100.00 FOR THE PAIR (583LR) IN KEMAH, TX. AND I THINK I GOT A BARGAIN, I HOOKED THEM UP AND THE SOUND PRETTY DECENT, WHAT YOU WOULD YOU EXPECT TO GET FOR A 100.00. I GUESS IF I WOULD HAVE PAID MORE THAN THAT I WOULD'VE FELT RIPPED OFF TOO, BECAUSE FOR MORE THAN THAT I COULD GO TO A STORE AND BUY SOME NAME BRAND PRODUCT. THESE GUYS PITCHED THE SAME STORY AS EVERYONE ELSE GOT.

teepee
Hi there, newer mind, people sell those Audiofile 583LR from the van also here in Switzerland. And of course I bought a pair few months ago. Bargained down to 300 buks... Check out the online auctions to see that they are sold all ower the world.
;-)

pigeon
Same story today, Aug 19, 2003 in Geneva Switzerland. Paid 200 CHF (140 $). Sounds not so bad. Why do they have to make up a whole story instead of just selling them? It would take them less time!

Hello.I want to know more over this safety company audiofile or their produkts.Thank you

sellers, how much do these things actually cost?? i bought a pair and think they sound great, as good or even better than my dads polks, so im satisfied. im interested in the real value though. please email me. thanks

Anonymous
it happened to me too, but i realyl don't care, most ppl say they sound nice, so i don't regret being scammed. in my opinion, i think this scam works great.. the scammer gets what he needs, and the consumer gets a pretty good deal outta them

Bottom Line???? Is the quality worth $200???

Anonymous
I was had a couple weeks ago as well. Black Audiofile 583LR speakers and got the same jive. 200 bucks for 2. Not a bad deal, I knew somthing was fishy but what the hell right. They hit really hard too. I'm pretty happy with them even if it is a scam. White Van, one really skinny guy driving and a dude about 5'8" 250lbs and had an east cost accent. Santa Rosa, CA

Anthony Davis
dude i just bought 4 tower audiofiles 583lr and a suround sound system the guys pulled me over and presented me with this offer i only payed 500 dollars for all this audio equipment and i must say im not disapionted at all i got all that for 500 and i got the dudes legit home number and if he does screw me over i will drive right over to his house and pound his damn brains out but anyways i think its not a very bad deal Peace

simon burck
SIMON. TOP SPEAKERMAN EVER.
I sold four towers to a gentleman for two thousand dollars. My partner was kind enough to give him four more for only eight hundo.
Total sale: 8pc. 28 hundo
Most of these complaints are from 100-300 dollar spenders. Where are the serious ballers at?

keepsellin
These guy's are awesome! They've been hustling speakers for almost three decades. I applaud the street salesman. It's an exciting and raw deal. You bought 'em! Be happy, meatball. You're a duck that's been plucked. free enterprise! It's the american way.

Anonymous
i got jacked by a couple punks in sac about a month ago, they were in a white ford explorer, CA license number ca180, w/ a firefighter logo on it, is there any legal recourse??

Saltyones
I WILL ALWAYS BUY SPEAKERS FROM A VAN.
WHY?
BECAUSE I HAVE HUGE SWEATY BALLS!

Anonymous
I got fucked over by these punks in Boca today. These guys will be killed and I mean killed.Didn't really pay all that much but its just the principle.

Anonymous
Switzerland...Morges...A van stops...3 guys show me a pair of Audiofile 583LR...bla bla bla...same story than the other one.

I paid a little less than 500.00 $
What a Punk I am !
These guys are good ! and I AM F...ING STUPID !!!
I am still Laughing... It's nervous :-)
...well they work...

PEACE

Yves

Charly S. Switzerland
Switzerland, Geneva, parking La praille, 2 jung guys in a red van, same story with unclear explanation, plate number begin with BE200.... Because I was hesitating, they even showed me their IDs ! I have paid CHF 1000 for 4 towers. (650$). They look good and sound is not bad.

Charly S. (Prangins)

Anonymous
Switzerland, Geneva, parking La Praille too(September 02, 2003 at 06:00pm). Same story with 2 young guys, one with a beard and the other with long hair. They had a white van (from Europcar as far as I remember) registered in Vaud. They pretend to be working for a company called Firma LDI in Zollikofen. I've found more info about their scam at http://www.avguide.ch/artikel/index.cfm?show=detail&ID=138

Anonymous
basel, switzerland, same story, 330 $

dammit
...gonna...kick...their.....a55!!!

Tim
Um... so you buy cheap speakers from an unmarked van, rather than a shop, and then you feel angry cos you've been conned?

Get real guys, no-one forced you to buy these things. You knew at the time that it was a bit suspicious, but you thought "for this price, I'd be stupid to say no". Turns out some of you were stupid to say yes.

If you buy from the back of a lorry it's your decision. You let yourself be conned/given a bargain, but it's your fault, not the white van guys.

Just got scammed at UM campus in Coral Gables, same shiz, white suv (like an Envoy or something, it was nice) said they were from Boca, same shiz, 300 down the drain on the 583lr set, if anyone knows who to contact about this bullshizt to get a refund (entitled by law) email me, Guys one was white 6'1-2 kid with short spiked hair, cant remember if he had blond tips, the other was some small spanish prik, This shizt is extremely organized, we gotta find the distributors and make them pay

Anonymous
I just bought two 583LR for $150. Then the beer line came and the total was $170. They are perfect for the frat.

Mike
Those 2 fucks got me today, i bought 2 583lr's for 280. i hooked them up as soon as i got home and my tiny little polk audio speakers are way louder and blow these things away. i guess im gonna have to find a sucker to buy these things because they absoluetly suck!!

Vic
Same story, here in Morgan City, La. Paid $200 for the pair, hooked them up when I got home and they sound as good or a little better than my Bose 301,s. I will send in the warranty card and call the phone number listed and will let all of you know what I find out.

Anonymous
hey Vic, they got me in Baton Rouge. SOBs. I just have an apartment with a couple guys up here at LSU and they dont sound too bad when we turn em up; but its still the fact that we all got scammed that pisses me off

Anonymous
They in Omaha Nebraska as of 9/15/03, white van, guys name was dwayne, i payed 250, and honestly, bass is weak, but they sound alright to me man. Ive scammed myself so no hard feelings, but technically, they aren't scamming, they are CAR DEALING (in the essence of sales)

Max
Hey,
well I dont really feel bad for any of you. I mean if your dumb enough to buy stuff off some guys in a white van just driving around selling stuff than thats your fault. Come on people,
white van=suspicious, never heard of the speakers=suspicious, price to good to be true=very
suspicious. You should have at least done research before buying them. Well its a good lesson learned I guess.
Sorry to be harsh!!

Anonymous
can´t stop the hustle we rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Chang
if you think it is a bargain to buy those speakers at 200$ you are more than an idiot. If you are dumb enough to buy speakers in a parkinglot from a van. you are an idiot. all in all you are an idiot.

Max
Hey,
I hope I see those guys trying to sell speakers because we will lynch them for all of you.

jeah
man here we go.. Dallas TX.... they approached me in my work parking lot. same story of they got more than they were supposed too blah blah blah. i paid 200 for both 583lr. i saw on another post that they use the same name!!! MIKE STONE. WTF?? these people are trained to use the same name?!! i havent heard it, prolly wont even try. gonna have to take it to ebay or something. if your in TEXAS their plates are Florida H32ULB. they are in a SUV.. Two white dudes.. oh yeah, is this legal or can they go to jail cuz my work has them on camera...so i have the whole deal on video!! someone reply to let me know!!

Anonymous
Attention Switzerland
I bougth this week in Basel two Audiofile 583LR Digital Ready 400W Towers too.

They sound not verry bad, but not as good as my "old" from Bose, so I think Audiofile is a fake.

I paid CHF 550.( 380 Euro )
The guys appeared in a blue minivan (registrated in Bern) Thy said they recieved 4 extra Boxes and they sold em for a "good" price. So it was good for theme...

Bumboclaat...

But remember: everything you do will come back to you...

Max
Hello,
Hey Jeah I don't think it's illegal I just think it's a huge rip-off. I don't see what is illegal about it ,unless the speakers are stolen or something? If I were you I would just ask a cop if its legal.
Max

Ceaser Ramierez
Weston,Florida

The same story, but somthing blessed me, one guy loaded the speakers in my truck while i was at the atm. All the sudden there was a power glitch in the bank and the atm ate my card. As i went in bank to get my card, police started to come out of no where. I was kind of freaked out so I left out the back door of the bank. Then ran around the other side of my truck and sped off(so needles to say atleast i got away with free speaker that dont look or sound bad) These people who sold them to me were two young white boys in a suv, dont worry if i see them when the get out of jail i will make sure that they were sorry they ever met all of us. long nose 40 cal now accompanies me. and if you read this you kids you better hope i dont see you again in Broward or miami that's my town and you arent welcome.

Scott
Ceaser they got me too in Weston for $200 at the Exxon gas station, I knew it was too good to be true but I figured what the hell and I went for it. on Monday i'm going to go to BSO (Broward County Sheriff Office) and see what I can do. I hope I see them again because I would love to personally drive them out of Weston my self.

Anonymous
Watch out now these guys are showing up on E-bay!
I wonder if E-bay can Prosecute as fraud? They advertise on E-bay the Audiofile High Def. 400 watt floor speakers...They say they retail for 1300.00 but sell um from 170.00 to 300.00...Ebay should not allow this.

Thomas
Great, I just bought yesterday two of these 583LR speakers from three guys in a minivan. The point is I'm living in Switzerland and paid 900 Swiss Francs (about $650!)...

Anonymous
Vienna, Virginia. Beat up gray van with the license plate NICOTAN. Sold me two Skyline AD-900SL Towers for $300 bucks. Name given was Chris Joannov... looked a little arabic, fluent in English. Purported to work for Custom Audio Professionals out of Newport News, VA. Gave me these numbers:
(703) 725-2889 (the guy's cell)
(800) 983-3193 (the non-existent company).

Cesar, what does "needles to say" mean? I don't understand. Is that what people who wear wife-beaters and drive trucks with bed covers on them say? My partner told me when you went inside the Washington Mutal that he was going to smack you around for an extra 50 dollars, so that means that you were going to pay $250 for these speakers. Sounds like you are a "back door" type of guy. I'm sorry that I didn't make it to jail, unfortunately for all of you "suckers", we never do. I guess you like your guns like you like your men, long. I'm from Miami, you must be from South Beach or Hialeah because you are qu33r and you sound like a an ape. I hope we meet again, next time you can get can get 2 for four hundred and still think you're getting a deal.

Ramses
to all you "TOUGH GUYS" on all these forums, saying they're going to do this and that, I'm still waiting. All you girls can do is say stupid comments and use the Net to do your talking. To all the South florida people i've sold thanks, You guys pay my rent. Special thanks to Jupiter, Weston, Miami, and especially University. And ask me how i sleep at night? i sleep like a baby in my bed, how do you guys sleep? by the way, just wanna ask people like caeser and scott, i dont care if you guys tell lies to me, but buddy, dont lie to yourself. [= HAH! Im Rogers boy, you know, the black cherokee...thanks for helping me live in the lap of luxury PUTAS! with love, your neighborhood Speaker Guy.

Max
hey,
Well what you guys do is just cash in on ignorance like most other companies out there. Its no big deal....Do you have to be so mean about it though? Deep,deep down don't feel the least bit bad? Hey you guys should come to minneapolis, I know alot of fools that would by in to your little business....

three friends and I saw 2 guys in a SUV (in Austin, Tx) driving down the road. They pull up to us and offer us these "badass" speakers for 400 bucks. All three of us had heard of this so we played along. Went to the bank and my friend john walked in with both of them pretending to get money. While they were in there we jacked 4 speakers out of this grey Ford SUV and put em in the back of our truck and left. My friend told them to wait at the atm while he went to the bathroom. He eluded them and called us after about 5 minutes. We met him at Walmart on 290 in Austin after he took a jog from the bank on 290 (right by the Y). Speakers are posted buy it now 100 bucks on ebay under seller stuffherenow with a 40 buck shipping charge. or e-mail me for info.. Peace

Ramses
Max in response to your comment. When you have the ignorant people who bought them talking about shooting me for doing my job, yeah im going to be mean. i dont go kicking d1cks out of these angry buyers' mouths while they are working, why are they going to come and wreck my job? the speakers are great. they work. the twisted irony of this all, is that i have a BA in psychology from St. Thomas University, and look what im doing. Why? for $. sometimes i have the chump who completly buys into everythying i say and i feel sorta bad. but thats the way the cookie crumbles. but you know what? if it werent for the net, everyone would be soo much more happier.its the people who never hook them up and jsut read about this stuff that are the angriest. Anyways its 9 am i gotta get to work. its a sell out day. and to dave. he will meet the wrong speaker guy...keep having fun while it lasts.

Max
Hello,
Ok I understand..I had a "speaker guy" friend once, and he had great business until he was stupid and went on some guys property and got shot at. some people love the speakers you guys sell. Oh well, thats the way the world turns.
Max

Pascal
Well I can tell you this mouch, they eaven operate in Switzerland, Basel now. I bought them to {sad}.
But what these 2guys in the mini-van don't know, I registrated there licence plate, lets see what the police means to this case. mor Information will folow {proud}

chris octovinch
hell yeah i bought these two audiofile speakers from some guys for 200 dollars in an expedition. You think i got scammed but god damn do they bang and sound good. i recently sold them for 500 to a friend and i let him listen to them. he still thinks i gave him a deal good thing these scamers came to me. i would have payed more if u ask me for these. they should put a logo on them and make a company

Anonymous
I live in Austin Texas, a friend of mine just purchased the 583 LR speakers for a large price on October 8th, 2003. I am now out to find these speakers guys/girls and end this. If you keep selling in Austin you will get caught. This is warning number one.

Anonymous
I posted earlier, saying how Austin TX will soon be free of the speakers scammers. Here's proof, the correct name and address of a speaker seller just in case you wanted to know.

John Delarosa
2315 Aldford Dr
Austin, TX 78745-4817

Home: 512.916.0796
Cell: 512.826.8401

Anonymous
Just bought one from a speaker dude in SoCal. How many of these guys are around? And anyone have connections in SoCal to any "speaker guys"?

Anonymous
a friend offered me 2 brand new audiofile 583lr speakers for 200 us dollars.
is that a good price for those speakers?
they look good...
simon

Anonymous
He is no friend.

Anonymous
Im in Jacksonville Florida, and I just got scammed today by two guys in a white minivan, they sold me two big a$$ speakers and a whole surround sound set up for $600. They told me that they got hooked up by this mexican dude who fucked up and gave them too many speakers. I fell for it and soon he had me talking to the store and telling me that I could take them back and get $1500-$2200 back in cash and store credit, he just wanted a little partying money because he had no use for him. This guy was good, he had me going about how his boss is an a$$hole and a bunch of bullshitt, fake magazines to go along. I'm fuckking pissed, because I cleaned my bankaccount out figuring that I would make three times the money. Nope. I'm fuckking broke and these guys are out getting fuckked up. I'm going to beat the shitt out of the next one that I find and steal my $600 back, so watch out minivan fuckkers!!!

Anonymous
I just bought a pair of these speakers at a pawn shop for $100 bucks. The cabinets are particle board with a a vinyl veneer. They are the 583LR Audiofile Home Theatre.

I am have been an audiophile for years. I bought these to play "substitute" until I can get my JBL's repaired.

I got the speaker home and the right hand tweeter was not working. I removed the driver and found a loose lead - recrimped, problem solved. The tweeter had a 20 ounce magnet circuit. I have used these tweeters in car installations and their wholesale cost is about 20 bucks each (1/2 that in buying in volume)

The remaining drivers, 2 8" and 1 5" mid are polypropylene with butyl rubber surrounds. I have not removed the other drivers to check the claim on the back of the speaker of "large magnet structure" nor have I examined the x-over network to see if it is a 4th order Butterworth design.

Bottom Line: If we are all talking about the same speaker, at a 100 dollars they are an absolute bargain. I have a Carver C1000A and with clean power, these speakers are neutral, clean, with acceptable dynamic range.

I have not seen the van, truck, SUV, or any other vehicular "scam" guys. As always, buyer beware. I have been looking for information on the company. There are several of these for sale on ebay. The latest models claim Kevlar cones for the mid and woofers. I can only attest to the pair I purchased, and for 100 bucks (or less! according to the reviews) - you are not getting ripped off.

Having designed cabinets and even speaker systems, there is one thing you need to know. In the world of consumer electronics, speakers are the last bastion of profit. What you pay for is the R & D that went into the design, not the raw materials. Based on the construction of the pair I own, the estimate would be around 70-80 dollars of manufacturing cost. My guess is that this company (Audiofile Home Theatre, Chine, CA) is either out of business, or is employing a MLM (Multi-level Marketing) model.

Would I pay 200? Yes. $250? Yes. $300? NO.

For the simple reason, the market does not seem to bear this price point.

Good luck!

Anonymous
I just bought these in the parking lot of KFC from three guys in a maroone SUV, 2 white 1 Mexican, for $300 dollars. They told me they had recived 4 extra speakers and needed to make some money to go to the strip club or something and that they were late to go meet there boss. The driver followed me into the ATM machine were I gave him $300 for 2 speakers. They even offered to drive to my house with me and devliver the other 4 speakers if I wanted them. I now have to go and try to sell them to some other sucker to get back my money.

Goodman
I can give you those guys phone number! There is a guy whos name is John or James and a phone number is 972-671-7124 and the M42-GGT(I guess) and it is white Ford Expedition!!! Have fun with them!!!!

goodman
or it was M82-GGT

i got scammed in san luis obispo, ca. not happy but not pissed. paid 300$ for 583lr speakers that rock my house. not happy that i found this site when i tried to find info on my supposed
$1499 dollar pair of speakers. three guys, one white other two were mexican. all of them were under 25 years old. gave me the "inventory mess up" story. they were in a maroon 2000 or newer chevy tahoe. said they were down from Frisco doing an install. they had a rediculous wad of benjamins. this is a profession i think i could accell at. I want to join your little "SoundLab" company. if you guys ever read this, hook me up, i want a wad of benjamins in my pocket too. we are all suckaz, so why dont we all profit off it.

anon-ee-miss
To profit from it you would have to make other people sucka's. Good Karama to ya

As has been said already, if you pay a good enough price these White Van speakers actually represent good value for money.

It occurs to me that one approach to this syndrome would be to work out some modifications that can really make these beasts sing - cabinet reinforcing and bracing, crossover reconfiguration using better components, maybe new tweeters.

Then being ripped-off for a couple of hundred and spending a couple of hundred more, you could end up with beautiful speakers and the hi-fi bargain of the century.

Just a thought
Steve

Anonymous
If you see a white ford expedition with an Oakland Raiders front license plate, shoot on site!!!!! I will!! Im hunting....

Anonymous
i got 4 audiofile 583lr speakers for 800 bucks and could not be happier. Once i hooked them up i loved them the fu*kin rock

Anonymous
ok well i am a speaker guy and guess what all u deuche bags who sit at ur computer and complain about getting HUSSLED not scammed(get it rite theres a difference) should stop reading about all this bull sh*t, actually hook them up and maby youll actually like them i have a pair and there not bad.

Anonymous
err, that's "hustled" and "douche" bags...I see that you are selling speakers, huh? What? Are paying your way through high school? Better get your money back! While you're at it get a better spelling and English teacher!
"maby" you'll do better after graduation...do it "rite" because "there not bad"...

Anonymous
heh...school was no help and and i would still need to be in school for another 5 years to be making the money im making now.lol

Anonymous
I'm sure you will be able to make a career out of this job too. Judging by the number of complaints on this website regarding you're sales tactics, the Feds should start cracking down on you guys in the next few years or word will eventually get around. We'll see how the money is flowing in then.

kid notorious
well guess what its all 100% ligit.........haha!

I have some blown speakers you brainiac's could buy for a few hundred bucks-

Anonymous
I also got scammed today in Boca Raton, FL by two loosers in a green ford explorer. I ended up paying $300 for a pair and have not hooked them up yet, I'm hoping for the best!

kid notorious
why buy them when i could sell them for a few hundred buks to one of u duks! haha

Anonymous
I ran into them today as I came out of my bank. They showed me the ad worth 1800. Told them I had to pay my helper and told them I only had 220 left for the LR583 set of speakers. I was not about to give them my last dime. I am happy with them and they look great. After reading about the scam on them......hope they last for awhile, they are alot better than what I had.

Anonymous
My brother was just duped for $175. One pair of Audiofile 583LR speakers. Heads-up!
TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA NOVEMBER 14, 2003.

UNICRON-WMD
HeHeHe

Mr. Pist,
who is the brainiac who blew his own speakers?

Dumbass!!!

Anonymous
I'm kinda confused. I just bought a pair of audiofile 583LR speakers from some 3 young guys in an SUV here in Gainesville Florida. I'm a pretty intelligent person, so I didn't believe the BS story about "ordering too many" and needing to unload them. I just suspected that these were stolen... I paid 300.00 for the pair, and so far they sound okay. I got off easy. I think this is Karma's way of punishing those of us who try and take advantage of an unscrupulous situation... Oh well.

Anonymous
JUST GOT FUCKED TOO.Audiofile 583lr 11/20/03. I was getting some cash at a wachovia atm on 87th st when these two guys in a new white ford explorer asked me if I wanted speakers. Same as the rest, "Igot these for my boss and they gave me these extra ones.bl bla bla. they were cuban. One did all teh talking the other just sat down in the car. they showed me the magazines and the speakers looked go. priced them down to 200.00 each. I got the guys license plate v98-3ec. I dont know if its illegal or ill get in trouble for buying stuff of the street but I thought of going to the cops.

SurfenGurl
hey i can't say that i got scammed and fucked over today, cause i only paid $240 for a pair. i figured that they have to be worth more than that and if i sell them then i'll get my money's worth. kinda upset that they're not worth as much as i had hoped, but hey... what can ya do...only sell'em again for as much as you can. i'm in Daytona to let you all know, it sounds like they're getting around the state pretty fast. oh well, i'm not hung up on it, its a live and learn situation.

Anonymous
I'm satisfied payed 350 for a set of 5 decent surround speakers and an amplified subwoofer, they function and sound just fine. No problems with them at all as long as you don't get taken in for too much cash its not a terrible deal. Same senario 2 guys and a white van, nice guys fast talkers, protecsound speakers. Was at the parking lot of the home depot off rt. 50 in arlington VA near DC.

Anonymous
I can do you all one better. There is a salon audio store by my house where the owner will sell you a pair of $30 Pioneer 5 1/4" car door speakers that he has "Modified" in an MDF box for $550. For an extra $125 you can buy his 10 gauge speaker wire with silver solder tinned ends. Why do you need to buy speakers off of guys in a parking lot when Pioneer, Technics, KLH, Kenwood, and Sony all sell quite large (and small) speakers for about $200 that sound great. I bought for my son Technics 15" 3-way pair of speakers for $120. Half price day-after-thanksgiving sale at Circuit City. For $20 more I got a 5-year unconditional warranty for them. To me this makes more sense than a van sale. And yes, those Technics will get very loud, and they do sound great for the price.

Anonymous
I dont believe it. Well, about 2 weeks ago i was minding my own business coming out of a grocery store(albertson's on monroe street) when i white van pulled on the side of me with two white guys saying that they had speakers.

Being curious, i went to check them out. One did all the talking while the other stayed quiet. He said he had extra orders of speakers and he wanted to sell them or his boss would take them and sell them on Ebay. I took a look at them, seemed like a pretty nice looking home audio system.

My first reaction was they are stolen so i didnt buy the boss B.S He said that they where doing a run to Jacksonville and wanted $400 for him and his buddy to split and buy a hotel room. Instantly, i told him all i have for this is $100. He was like man you S***ing me and then went down to $300. Once again, $100 is better than nothing. He asked his buddy about it and said that he couldnt do it, and i said oh well and walked off. Then i heard him scream $200. My homeboy was with me and he said you might as well, the speakers are priced at $2000 and the seem legit. I told him that i would and to hold on while i go to the ATM.

As i went to the ATM, this @$$ hole appears out of nowhere and says to throw him $20 more dollars for beer money or for the simple fact im getting a hookup, I told him that he was lucky he was getting this $200.

I handing him the money and he puts the speakers in my car and was frontin like he was a customer service rep. Well i got home and hooked them up, and they sounded great. I put a war movie in to test the bass and surround sounds and they weren't that bad.

Well, two weeks has passed by and i was sitting on the couch one day and thought to myself, now who in tha H*ll would pay $2000 for a six piece set. So being curious, i looked this audiofile up on the internet to get reviews and price them myself. To my surprise, all kinds of websites about this stuff is up, leading me to typing this. Well, luckily i was grabbed for Hundred's like others, but the fact i have unnamed speakers in my living room erks me. I you have payed more than $150-$200 for these speakers, you have been shamed. They dont sound to bad if you have a reasonable source to push them.

Well, two things i learned from all of this, Discipline and punishment. Discipline being to Never buy anything off the streets again and to check the internet before going off to purchase things, and punishment of giving up $200 for these worth nothing on the market speakers. FOR THOSE IN TALLAHASSEE AND ORLANDO FLORIDA, AND ANYWHERE ELSE, BEWARE........

Anonymous
yeah i got sold 2 sets for 420 today in bloomington, illinois... i really feel like a dumbass not being more sure of these guys... i mean what the fck was i thinking

Joe Mamma
People have been buying these cheesy speakers out of white vans for years- this is an age-old hustle. The bottom line is, many of you are p*ssed off because you feel you got ripped off, but face it, you fell for the show, the hype and the BS. You thought it was a great deal when you felt you were about to profit on potentially stolen goods, or someone else's inventory error, but when you find out you got cheap speakers for a cheap price, you feel indignant. What these scumbags do is wrong, make no mistake about it- they're liars and frauds. But YOU bear responsibility for your own actions. YOU took the money out of your pocket and gave it to them. They merely played on your gullibility. They hyped a crappy product, the same way a car dealer will try to convince you some jap crap Lexus is worth $40K. Don't fly off the handle and do something stupid (for the SECOND time) by physically banging on them. Swallow your pride and admit you got snookered, and do what you can to short-circuit them next time- LEGALLY. I too bought a pair of these speakers years ago from a white van. I tried them, they sucked, and I went back to the distributor's warehouse and demanded my money back. They told me to get lost. I returned an hour later with 5 large and ugly friends and asked the manager if he wanted to repeat what he said earlier so my friends could hear it first-hand. Needless to say, I got my bucks back with an apology and a smile. Now, I've had several occasions where I saw these guys selling this crap and I stop my truck and get out and tell their latest victims about the scam, right in front of them. Blows their sale every time. I also call the cops when I see them around my town, because it's illegal to vend within the village without a license, so the cops shag them out. Keep after them without getting yourself jammed up and you'll enjoy better revenge than getting busted for beating up some shyster, tempting though it is. Make them look over their shoulders enough and they'll find another line of work, believe me.

Trainers wanted in Montreal

$5-$15 a set + accomodations for the right peeps.

Montreal has the best clubs and t*tty bars in the world!!

Ask for Gusto 450 629 6696

And another one, from Basel, Switzerland. The guys from the van got six speakers extra by mistake, worth at least $1800 each (Audiofile prospectus); I bought all of them for roughly $2000. Must have been these fellows' dream catch of the year! Lucky for me I found out that by Swiss law I am entitled to a seven day right of return...

Anonymous
Well like a lot of you I too was hoodwinked. Fortunate for me i'm from the hood and I know you never get something for a little bit of nothing. For my measly $100 I got a good X-mas present for someone else. Thanks to a couple of $#*^*#! in a black escalade.

Anonymous

I'm from Colorado. Same story. same white van. same audiophile583LR speakers. One guy got me at a construction site while I was working. I paid $150.00 and really can't complain about what I got. I am dissapointed that they aren't what I was told though. Retail $1500.00 a pair. Good scam. I gotta hand it to em. I was told that the company he was from ordered speakers for a job he was at and they recieved too many speakers and that it would cost them money to ship them back so he decided to sell what he recieved as extras, because they wern't paid for on his packing slip. He said why not make a proffit on speakers that cost me nothing rather than pay for shipping to send them back. It made sence at the time and I didn't care I needed new speakers, and like I said before for $150.00 I can't really complain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us