Speaker switch--Adding another pair of speakers

Username: Barking_dog

Post Number: 1
Need advice. I did a search and saw some posts, but am still confused.

I have a Denon 2801 reciever that has a A B switch for an additional pair of Front/main speakers.

Presently, I have Paradigm Studio 20s (8ohm)in front on A along with Paradigm center & rears for Home Theater. I have Boston Acoustics A60 (8ohm) connected to B in another room for music. I've been using this set-up for a while and it's been great.

Now, Just got some 'simulated rock speakers' for outside (8ohm) and want to connect them to the B switch, as well. I realize I can't connect them along with the additional room speakers. But, Can I get a Speaker Switch connect it to B and connect the "additional room speakers" and "outdoor speakers" to the switch.

If the switch is a viable option, Does anyone have a good suggestion for a Speaker switch?? Monster? Adcom? Sonnace?

Thanks for considering my newbie question.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8674

You need an impedance matching device somewhere in the "B" speaker line. It can be at the speaker switch box or at the volume control. The best devices use an autoformer rather than a resistive type loading. Put "Impedance matching speaker selector" in a search engine and choose whichever unit suits your fancy and budget.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us