Please help with this setup

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 61
i have the bose acoustamass 10 series 2 system...i like the way the cubes sound but my big problem is the bass module has hardly any bass comong from it. i installed everything rite like it said to ..i guess the module just sucks...but lucky i still have my athena ps400 woofer wich gives alot better bass..my ? is how can i use my athena sub with the bose...do i plug the athena into my hk 330 recievers sub input..but then how do i set the athena sub to go with the bose system..is ther any cross over or anything i need to do ...please help

Silver Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 242
you cant use it, this is the trickery of bose in general. The bass module sucks because its passive and has no bass to deliver.

buy a new system for the easiest fix

Bronze Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 27
Can you not connect cube speakers to the receiver terminals and Athena sub to the subwoofer out? Finally adjust the crossover on the sub, no?

Bronze Member
Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 62
no i cant commect the cubes to the recoever directly it has to go to the module first ///

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2896
You are snookered, jay.
Welcome to Bose.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1437
Series 2?

So this Acoustimass 10 has the passive sub?

Oh dear...if so, yes, everything has to go through the 10's sub module. Oddly enough my dad's system suffers from too much bass and so a sock has to be placed in the sub's port...!

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4194
For God's sake Jay, just eBay your Bose and get a real system, ANY system, with the proceeds! Plenty more suckers out there who'd pay lots for your system used, as little as $500 can get you better 5 speakers and receiver than that Acousticrap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2915
Obviously, Frank, Dad didn't check with you before the purchase!
Happy Father's Day anyhow to your Dad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2916
And to you, if so applicable!

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1458
Not applicable I'm afraid.

In fact, I was partly responsible for the system that dad has. In my defence:

* Dad was going from a 25 year old Aiwa system that had effectively died.
* The room is tiny (about 11ft by 10ft) and is really a throughfare, so no full-size speakers allowed.
* The space for the satellites was just a touch larger than the Bose cubes
* The money was tight.
* Malta is the land that HiFi forgot.

We managed to get him to go for a half-decent Yamaha receiver, and with sock suitably in place the bass is under control. It sounds a million times better than the awful system it replaced.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us