HK 635 and "pumping" phenomenon

Bronze Member
Username: Peychaud

Post Number: 26
I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my new (refurbished) Harman Kardon AVR 635.

When listening to sources using HK's Logic 7 surround mode, parts of the audio signal seem to cut in and out throughout the song or soundtrack. It's as if the processor isn't properly decoding the information and can't decide where to channel it.

It's most noticeable to me in the center channel and it occurs only in Logic 7 mode; Dolby Pro Logic sounds fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do? I've read about this issue on other audio boards, but I'm still not sure whether it's a malfunction of just some units or a systemwide bug affecting all units. I haven't yet applied the latest firmware upgrade, but from what I've read it didn't fix this problem.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1014
Well I've experienced the surround channels getting a full signal in Logic 7. The surrounds would play just as loud as the fronts, switching to another DSP and back to Logic 7 fixed the problem. But after some time I've completely stopped using DSPs. Everything on TV is done in either Dolby Digital 2.0 or 5.1, and for everything else I have it set to Surround Off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us