Bi-amping with HK235

Bronze Member
Username: Alphabet

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 80
I think I have already given my friend the right answer, but he totally disagree with me.

He has a HK235 AV Receiver(7.1) and as you may or may not know HK has a DSP mode called Logic7 for playing stereo sources on all channels.

Now, what my friend wants to do is to connect the front & surround channels to one set of speakers(1 right, 1 left), believing that this will provide him with 1) More power to the speakers(i.e. higher volume) and 2) better sound due to bi-amping(better speaker control). To put the higher volume into context, he believes that 50watts plus 50watts will give him 100watts into each speaker

I do not agree with his way of thinking as I believe that bi-amping does not provide you with more power, but is intended to give better control by providing separate amplification for bass and mid/highs. Secondly having to use a DSP mode to spread the sound across more channels in my mind degrades the sound and there could be further problems with distances/delays.

In the mean time I told him if he wants to try it, it will be on his own peril, but I do not believe that there will be any improvement. Your thoughts on this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us