Recommended amp/receiver for Klipsch Forte's

Username: Canuck57

Guelph, ON Canada

Post Number: 1
I've just purchased a set of Klipsch Forte speakers (haven't rec'd them yet) and was wondering what's the best amplifier to drive them. SS or tube? Any suggestions? I'm looking to buy something reasonably priced, say less than $400.

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1562
Congratulations. Such finds are rare in Canada. I'd love to hear them. I assume this is for plain stereo? Many people like the old h/k receivers for these speakers. I don't know their impedence curve so couldn't say whether they are tube-friendly.

You would get lots of helpful advice on the Klipsch forum at http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/ since you'll find many Forte owners there.

For what it's worth, I have a Klipsch Heritage-series HT setup and drive it happily with a h/k avr-325 I purchased a few years ago.

Guelph, ON Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info Peter. They're for plain stereo AND will be used as part of my home theatre system. I just rec'd them today and they're HUGE speakers! Sound is excellent, I'm very impressed with the clarity of the mid range and highs and how solid, deep and low the bass is.

Which Klipsch speakers do you have in your HT setup?

I'll keep an eye out for a h/k amp or receiver!

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1587
Sorry, I was out of town.

Glad you like the Forte's !

I have Klipschorns as mains, La Scala as surround and a single Heresy as center. Works well.

Guelph, ON Canada

Post Number: 3
Wow, dream system! And you would want to hear my Fortes! Just a bit envious!

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1589
Thanks. I'm more than thrilled with the setup. The KHorns are all that to me. They are dynamic, realistic and image very well.

I've heard a lot about the Forte, so I'm very curious to hear them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us