Outdoor speakers

Username: Steveka

Post Number: 5
Anyone have any experience with either the Niles or Rockustics outdoor speakers that looks like rocks?

Bronze Member
Username: Pablo

Post Number: 22
Hi I am looking for some basic outdor speekers as well. Yamaha NSAW1 at costco $100 canadian looks like a decent option.
Pablo

Silver Member
Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 127
Bleh. I picked up a set of Omage rock speakers this spring ($250), and they sound great. In fact, they rock.:-) Make sure those Yammies are not oneway speakers, $100 Costco, I'm sure they are oneways. Better of with two ways, if you want to hear anything above 10kh. I run mine with my old NAD 701 receiver. G.G. I have a $700 audio system in the garden.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Type 2 Way Acoustic Suspension
Woofer 13 cm (5 1/8") Glass filled cloth cone
Tweeter 1.3 cm (1/2") Pure Titanium
Frequency Response 50Hz-22kHz (85dB)
Impedance 6 Ohms
Nominal Input 60 watts
Maximum Input 120 watts
Sensitivity (dB/2.83V,1m) 91 dB
http://www.yamaha.ca/av/speakers/Add_ons/NSAW1.jsp
They are not that bad!
futureshop every 2 weeks has NSAW150B for the same price on sale (now $150). Not sure which set is better.

I am about to buy NSAW1 at COSTCO for my backyard and connect with monster outdor cable to my NAD that is in living room. I have townhouse so these are sufficient, If you have single house and looking for real blast then maybe a pair of AW100 by definite technology.

Pablo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I ended up buying OMAGE GR 305. I am looking as well for outdoor volume control. I was told in store that one that OMAGE does is loosing lots of power and there are better on the market. I ordered one for $120 forgot the name. Any comments on volume controls?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us