Experts....please help, I have bass problems

John john
I own a set of 901 bose speakers, connected to a Yamaha rx v1050 but the bass still sounds very poor.
My question is, is it possible to have my bass guitar amp connect to it in order to get a better bass?
Or will everything just sound through the bass amp?

Well personally I wouldnt hook anything up to my audio system except audio equipment. I wouldnt configure a guitar amp to my audio system. Im sure you could do it but I wouldnt recommend it. I have learned that Bose have really crappy frequency response. Why do you think they never show their frequency response on any of their ads or buying info on like bestbuy.com and circuitcity.com. Let me guess because they dont want anyone to know what they really are like. Welcome

meek
why not get a subwoofer?

Steve
JOhnjohn, are you using the little widget that's supposed to come with the 901's? It's supposed to be some sort of active equializer meant to corect some of the frequency isuues in their drivers.

If you do not have that box, look around in the paper, or if your in the San Francisco bay area, craigslist.com, for the equalizer box. It might or might not help though, I don't use Bose myself, but know a few guys who do.

Also a nice sub could help, if your willing to do some assembly, look for a kit, you can usually get an excellent sub for the price of a cheapo sub.

Also look at the placement of your speakers, if you can, try to fit them in the corners of your room, sure Bose says otherwise, but it's not like the Bose gods are going to come down on their chariots and smite you on the spot. It might work, if not just slowly move it back towards where they were and find a balance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us