Will this work to hook up a car amp inside

Bronze Member
Username: Brettnickle

Post Number: 12
is this the right kind of power supply to power a 600 watt amp inside? http://cgi.ebay.com/Echo-580-Watt-20-Pin-ATX-Computer-Case-PC-Power-Supply_W0QQi temZ6881078932QQcategoryZ44949QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8049
??

Username: Aid4hearing

Post Number: 7
Why and what for and why and what for and why would you want to do that???? Did i ask you why and what for?

Username: Sci

Post Number: 6
You can't get 600W out of a power-amp supplied with a 500W power supply.

A suitable alternative would be a high-current battery charger, with a bank of batteries filtering the charger.

Think of a toilet tank. The water inlet pipe (the power-supply) is insufficient in width to allow a large 'current' of water to flow through.

But if you fill a reservoir tank, when demanded, you can get a large 'flush' of water. This is where the batteries come in.

You must be careful not to overcharge the batteries however. As conventional car batteries use lead/acid, and produce hydrogen while changing state from discharged to charged...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10955
Well, it's been 5 months. I wonder if it worked and how ghetto it looks:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4168
The house is almost finished being rebuilt..

Boom.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 650
if your gonna run a car amp for home use, you have two options, either go to partsexpress.com and get a power supply 30a min, or be creative and buy an old alternator, battery and an everday fan motor, hook the alt to the fan motor and the alt to the bat, atomatic power supply. pc power suppies can work but they require rewireing and you have to know what your doing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
i did what supercoolidea said and it worked good until the battery blew up and killed my cat but put that aside and my house was bumpin for a little while

Bronze Member

CA U.S.A

Post Number: 21
Like i had wondered, Why, what for, why, what for and did i mention why? Well if u hate cats like i do then i guess atleast all them whys and what fors can be justified just a bit. Glad you weren't hurt man. Home audio is home audio and car audio should be just that , CAR AUDIO. But thats just my opinion. Rock on! Just don't rock out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
yea but car audio is better than home audio because home audio stuff is overpriced and junk

Bronze Member

CA U.S.A

Post Number: 23
Over priced yes, over rated? Most of the time. "Junk"? Like there isn't any junk in car audio also? there is junk as u call it in every category of any given thing. Especially electronics, home audio, car audio etc. More often than not, people still usually get what they pay for, even if it is over priced. You pay top dollar for a high end piece of equipment that should work for years to specs or you pay a "reasonable" amount of money for what u soon find out to be a piece of "junk" and feel ripped off. Or in your case, your cat payed the ultimate price and you'll be doing whatever it is u do based on "yea but car audio is better than home audio stuff is over priced and junk" wich to me sounds like you've been getting what you've paid for in the past. Or maybe you blew up a piece of equipment from hooking it up all mis matched with car audio stuff and only the home audio amp or speakers blew up/fried and the car audio gear had survived your wired wiring, wich then stamped the notion in your head that 'hey, car audio stuff must be better, it took my tweeky wiring configurations and didn't blow up! Home audio is junk!' If I'm wrong I apologize.I'm only speculating from your posting. Cause with a comment like 'blah blah is better than blah blah cause its junk' well.. with that attitude, I'm gonna tell mommy your not playing fair! My house sounds great & my car sounds awesome too(Even from a few blocks away!). There is no junk in the trunk or where i bunk. most likely because I was overcharged for everything in my car and in my house.Unfortunately thats the world we live in. But I atleast got what i paid for. Nothing ever has blown up or went up in smoke, and there for sure as hell has never ended a life, cat or anything else! You wouldn't put a saltwater fish in a freshwater tank would u? And if u respond with salmon, wich are brackish by nature. well salmon die soon after spawning. Sord of like what happened to your cat after that fishy-idea spawned in your head of breeding car audio in the home. Have u considered in purchasing a motor home? Trailers don't count, but what u do, what u do it with and HOW u do them counts a whole lot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
lol then give me some of your home audio stuff cause i spend all my money on car audio

Gold Member

Post Number: 4619
Brett, doesn't anyone in car audio have any ideas for you? I guess not, we get a few posts like this every month.
Maybe the other car guys have given up on it as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4620
Or just think of a toilet tank in general.

Bronze Member

CA U.S.A

Post Number: 24
Oh Okay! I'll give you my home audio stuff! ..Another brilliant remark! I could never give my audio gear away, especially to someone who wouldn't have the faintest idea on how to hook it all up. That would be like sending my children to a meth lab for daycare. Hey Nuck. You know what they say ignorance is bliss.. well wouldn't you agree in this case, ignorance is annoyance? Don't even know why we repond to cats like this. Brett you're on your own. Good luck and GOOD BYE!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
ok well you owe me a cat

Bronze Member

CA U.S.A

Post Number: 25
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help