The value of HDMI Switching

Username: Davidday

Madison Heights, MI USA

Post Number: 6
When I started out to upgrade my system, HDMI switching seemed very attractive, because, in theory you could consolidate cables. But in reality very few quality receivers seem to have HDMI switching, so far. I looked at the Rotel 1057, and although I haven't seen one in the flesh, it will switch whatever digital video comes in, but won't upscale analog video input to digital. After thinking about my sources on video, STB (SA3250) and DVD, I realized that both devices would output 720p or 1080i, so DVI switching would be fine. So at this point the Outlaw 990/7125 would be my best choice.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3934
You could also look at the HK 7300, it has a Faroudja upconversion chip which is popular among the movie projector crowd for top-notch video quality.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=23716&FEID=130&PMNID=1121&SWPC_WOO C=1

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 933
New model -
HK 745
http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.aspx?Region=USA&Country=US&Language=E NG&cat=REC&prod=AVR%20745&sType=C

2 HDMI, XM Radio

Gold Member

Post Number: 3938
yowsers, $2500 for the 745 (at jr.com) vs. $1150 for the 7300 at onecall.com !

Guess somebody would have to be REALLY attached to HDMI and XM Radio to spring for that...

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 934
It's got to have more frills considering it's $800 over the 7300's MSRP, and has 85W/C vs. the 7300's 110W. Also +-60 Amps for the 745, +-75amps for the 7300. AND the 7300 has almost 20lbs on it.

Where's the price coming from? Does it have top notch Burr Brown DACs? Is the new remote made of gold?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3940
HK is notorious for introducing new products with crazy MSRP and then within half a year you see them selling at half or less.

reread my post for where I got the prices.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2385
Hdmi is not worth investing in for a while yet until the fur stops flying.

Straight dmi, with added converters will work for a long time yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 55
I like the Denon 4806, it has 3 HDMI inputs, 1 DVI, 3 comp. inputs, and 4 optical.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us