I would appreciate any input on speaker & subwoofer choices.

gerald rossi
I presently have a sony DVD/CD player and recently purchased a sony STR-DE985 receiver. my question is what is a good set of front speakers & center channel that are affordable at the low - middle end? I have looked at the Fluance Av-HTB speaker set and a sony SA-wm40 subwoofer, do I need that big a sub for decent surround sound? I have also looked at the Polk Audio RM6000 system at this point i am totaly confused.
Thanks, Jerry

Derek
Give a listen to Athena and Energy systems. They have a wide, smooth bandwidth, decent sensetivity and very low distortion for the money. They are very good at music.

Eric C
I really enjoy my Paradigm Monitor 7 speakers and the reference line is suppose to be spectacular.

Jim A
Look for trade up at local specialty retailers.

That and look for discountinued models in general that have had good reviews here and audioreview.com

But most importantly listen to as many as possible. For instance some people really like Klipsch Reference series, but they are a bit to forward for me. (But they are incrediably efficient, if I was into metal and didn't mind hearing loss I'd go with these). I personally just last weekend got Paradigm Monitor 9's v.3 up front and love them (and they are not even near broken in yet). Monitor 5's and 7's are nice too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us