Precission Acoustics subwoofer

Andy
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Precision Acoustics 8" subwoofer with 80 watts output. I bought it in Best Buy for $79 CAN. I am not able to find any reviews on it. Neither am I able to find the manufacturers'website. The model number is PA850. Anyone happening to know any info on this subwoofer?

I bought a Panasonic 32S DVD player because I needed to connect a subwoofer to my old music system [JVC} bought 4 yrs back which has 5 channel speakers but no subwoofer. The dvd player has a subwoofer output which makes things simpler so that I can connect a subwoofer now and postpone the thought of a home theater system for a few years.

Any advice on the speaker connection for better sound output is also appreciated.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

BRIANBURKE.COM
LATESTT CANUCKS AND NHL NEWS

http://www.accusticarts.de/pages/en/main_fr.html

I'm in the same boat.
Bought a pair of the PA60 bookshelf speakers from best Buy about a month ago but can't find any real info on them. I doubt they would be considerd high end by any means but I would love to find some reviews or something. I do know that their made here in Canada but that's about it.

How's The PA850 sub? Does it have an adjustible crossover by any chance?

Send me an e-mail if you don't mind.

hi, i bought the entire speaker package from best buy , which includes two tower pa10's, two pa60, one center and the 10" sub cost me 700 canadian at best buy, it's a great deal, considering that these CANADIAN made speakers are in fact, not canadian, only the boxs are, the speakers are from some high end major brand that is suppling them, they won't say who though! (i think infinity though), i have bench marked these speakers, and they are comparable to speakers twice the price, if i were you buy them now, because once they aren't new any more, they'll go way up in price!

Jamie,

How do you find the 10" Precision Acoustics sub? Can you feel it when you listen to music or watch movies?

I purchased the PA850 last weekend, and I'm very underwhelmed by it. It adds some very nice depth to music, and blends very well with my mains, but lacks impact and is all but useless for HT (in my room). Mind you, its got an 8" driver, 80 watts, and my living room is very large. I guess I was just hoping for too much.

I'm going to return it and either go with the PA 10" or maybe one of the new Fluance subs. So, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the larger PA.

Anonymous
i found out these speakers are made in china, designed in canada. dont know much about the quality of the seperates but when i listened too them, it seemed they lacked clarity

I just bought a pair of PA60 bookshelf speakers from best buy and I think they sound awesome! I would like some spec's too if anyone has it.
They were advertised as having a frequency response of 45hz-20Mhz.

yu120080
i bought a PA center Speaker from Best Buy for
$75.
I could not find anything on the Web about PA
speakers and one of the Sales guy told me that
PA is part of Harman Kardon who i belive manufactures Infinity speakers.
PA is the enrty level speakers but compatible with some of other brand names such as Sony etc..
Definitely not high class but quality seems to be
good for the price.

Anonymous
One of the workrs at best buy in Canada told me that Precision acoustics is the entry level of JBL then comes JBL then there high end spekers are Infinity.

pen1s haircut
you are all gggaaayyy, go buy some real speakers

Hey, I Just bought the PA 1000 10" sub, the cinema 3 package and the 6.3 speakers at best buy got all of them on half price. all for under $400 Cnd. I think it was a great Price for the quality. but i can't seem to find anything out about them either. The guy at best buy said that they are associated with JBL and i went back a while later and they said Infinity.
the only info I found on them was. http://www.eriksonconsumer.com

the only thing I thought was weird was the 10" sub has 2 rca plugs on the back and its a mono speaker. It says to buy a Y adapter but the salesman at Bestbuy said to hook the subwoofer cable up to the Left channel. Haven't tried it yet. has anyone else?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us