Need your Opinion on a Receiver guy's.

Bronze Member
Username: Iceberg

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 44
Last night my dad bought a pair of paradigm Studio 40 v3's with a 470CC center. He loved my Studio v60's and decided to go with Paradigm.

Now i set these speakers up for him last night with Monster cables and banana plugs. The question is he has an 2 year old DENON AVR 1803 receiver hooked up to these. The receiver is rated at 80 Watts a chanel. He also has a 8" sub.

The sound was great from the receiver. Very clear. But i am worried the 80 watt rating would not be enough to run these speakers for him. He is 62 and does listen to music not to high. He keeps the volume low. He watches lot of HT. Not much music.

Does he need to go buy a new receiver or is this good enough for him. Would he damage these speakers with 80watts? I don't think so but again i am trying to get your opinion on this? He likes everything the way it is.

any help would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2867
A receiver with a better power supply would make the Paradigms sound better but it is not necessary.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7957

I would ask your dad if he finds any problems with the sound. If not, end of discussion. If so, then you can take him shopping to find out if he hears the difference a receiver with a better power supply might make with the speakers. If he has never had a system if this quality before, chances are he will be perfectly happy with what he owns. Until he thinks he needs a better amplifier, let him enjoy the one he has learned to operate.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us