Need suggestions for sub and surround and center speakers!!

Username: Killerjimmy

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 2
I have the Klipsch RB5 II speakers for the front and a panasonic SA-XR50 receiver. I need some sub suggesstions, preferably front firing for the neighbors sake, as well as rear and center channel suggestions. The room is 15x10x8 and in an apartment complex with downstairs occupants. I would like to pay about $400 each for the sub and center speakers. I am thinking Klipsch sb-2's for rear??? Any comments???

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 694
My view has always been that the most important thing is to get the three front speakers to have a matching sound, so you need to get the center speaker from Klipsch that matches your current front speakers. This is necessary to get a seamless image in the front--the rears are far less important. So, the first thing you must do is get the center speaker and if it runs a bit above your budget, so be it. If you don't get this right, you will never be happy with your system.

As for a sub, choices 1 through 10 is the Hsu STF-1, which is $299 directly from Hsu Research (www.hsuresearch.com). However, it does have a downward firing woofer. If you want something that fires forward, I recommend the PSB Alpha Subsonic 5i, which can be purchased from DMC Electronics (www.dmc-electronics.com) for $349.

Username: Killerjimmy

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 9
Hawk,
You have solidified my choice. I was teetering between the Mirage, the svs line or Hsu. Hsu it is. I think I am going to have to figure out the whole downward firing issue, but I am looking for the best sound regardless of neighbor inconvienience. Thanks for the info!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us