Polk RTi4 vs. JBL E50

Username: Cstrife90

Post Number: 2
I have looked and taken into your suggestions into consideration. After much searching, I have narrowed it down to two speaker systems: the POLK RTi4 and the JBL E50. I will be using the system for 80 % music and 20 % movies. The speakers will be in a small/medium size room. I am looking for a warm and clear sound, and do not want treble or bass that is fatiguing.

To be honest, I am not an audophile, but I do love music - especially Jazz, Classical, and Latin. In short, I will be playing music that flavorful and delicate - and I dont plan to blast it very loud. Please choose the one which would fit my needs nicely, and give me a rich, clear, and warm sound. Thanks.

Username: Weezelb

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 1
I have the E50's and really enjoy their sound. It is not overly bright, but I havent heard the RTi4's so I can't compare. Suprisingly good bass response from the E50's which will be great for Jazz & Latin. I was astonished at the sound last night when watching The Island as my powered subwoofer is on order, the E50's really provided excellent bass response and played the soundtrack remarkably well. I'm no audisnob/phile, but I'm enjoying the sound and thats all I ask from my speakers.

I think they are an excellent speaker for the money and the design is quite handsome as well.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us