Will Rega Mira 3 mate well w/Polk RTi 10 or RTi12

Username: Restlesstimes

Post Number: 3
I keep reading that the Polks are power hungry and the Mira 3 is rated at 60wpc. I am now considering these Polk speakers. I remember really loving a parir of Monitor 10's I owned several years back and thought I should look at newer Polk speakers. The fact that they use real wood veneers only makes it that much better.

My other choice is the Rega R5

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7844

Obviously, the Rega speakers match better with the Rega amplifier. The general character of the Polks is not sympathetic to the Rega's personality.

Bronze Member
Username: Mortal_one

Canada

Post Number: 11
Are you looking for floor standers to match with the Rega? Or just considering options. Anything you prefer in your speakers?

The Rega's are a nice piece of kit.

Post Number: 4
I definitely want floor standing speakers. I also prefer them to be real wood veneers, but that is more than likey not going to happen. Unless I get the Rega R5. I love my Rega components, but I would like to at least hear them before purchasing them. I listened to the RTi10's today and didnt like them. I did however like the LSi 15's.

I am going to listen to the B&W 603's tomorrow but, they are vinyl veneer. I also heard Canton Vento 807 today, they sounded great but lacked a lower end and cost $3,500

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 12
Now you are talking! LSi 15's now that is a loudspeaker. I will mention that they would probably like a lot of "Wattage". But the only way to find out is take them home with you.

I was reading up on the Mira, nice piece of kit, I would not through her out of bed for eating crackers. The problem might be the load, (4ohm, from the polk site) the fact the Rega has a highly regulated power supply (61wpc@8ohm vs 91wpc@4ohm) might be a slightly "congested" sound on complex music.

Perhaps some nice bookshelf's or easy to drive transmission line speakers?

What is in your area?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7852

What do you own now and why do you think you need to upgrade? In other words, what's not happening with your current system that you would prefer to have? Or, what is happening that you wish wasn't there?

Post Number: 5
my present speakers are a pair of Cambridge Soundworks, Newtown M60

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=spk_bookshelf%26i tem%3Dc1m60zzzz.

They have NO low end. I bought them as part of a multimedia speaker system with a powered sub. Now I am using them with the new equipment I just purchased (Rega Mira 3 and Apollo) until I find a floor standing speaker I like.

Post Number: 6
OH in my area, I can go listen to;

B&W, Totem, Vandersteen, Polk, Paradigm, Klipsch, Canton, Anthony Gallo, and PSB.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 7853

http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/products.htm

Post Number: 7
After a night of research online, I think I am going to go listen to the Totem Arro and Sttaf.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 13
I will say the Totem's are very nice speakers, beautiful looks also. I have heard a few of the bookshelf's and was impressed. The room that I heard the floorstanders was not good so I had a hard time appreciating them.

If you have a chance check out the Vandersteen's, I have never heard them but I think there design is very interesting as well as their philosophy.

Good match also, as they are also fairly easy to drive, given their specs.

And every speaker will have a few sins of omission at the least.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us